Ultra Runners

New WSER qualifications (Read 84 times)

bhearn

Registration is open!

Here's hoping I didn't just throw away $35.65 Wink

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm a little annoyed - one of the races I wanted to do is on the list of qualifiers (Laurel Highlands).  I don't really want to run WS, but now I'm afraid that Laurel Highlands will be hard to get into as a result of it being a WS qualifier.

I do wish there were more races one could use as a qualifier!  Especially in the Northeast.

Heh, three races I already registered for got dropped. Not the only reason I signed up for them but disappointing anyway.

TripleBock, you're right, Monkey is not on the list!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

TripleBock

Glad I checked in ~ Usually I do not come here when I am not running.  Lottery entered.  Been drinking so much beer lately ... I guess it's time to stop before even people from Wisconsin think I have a problem.

Heh, three races I already registered for got dropped. Not the only reason I signed up for them but disappointing anyway.

TripleBock, you're right, Monkey is not on the list!

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Glad I checked in ~ Usually I do not come here when I am not running.  Lottery entered.  Been drinking so much beer lately ... I guess it's time to stop before even people from Wisconsin think I have a problem.

Didn't know that was possible Wink

steph  

TripleBock

2177 current entrants ~ with various number of lottery entries.  If we end up with 2300 with an avg of 2.5 entries in the hat per person = 5750 / 250 spots = 4.3% chance per ticket.

I know the math does not work exactly that way ... in theory a person with mutliple tickets cannor get pulled twice and also in theory if a person could have 25 tickets they are not assured of being drawn.

TripleBock

Up to 2458 entrants in the lottery.  Looking at some of the names that are in the lottery makes me feel unworthy and insignifiant.

With my change in heart about running, this may be my last time entering.  My plan is to become a slacked-jaw loafer in 2014 and beyong ... unless I get into WS, then I will have to train and care for part of 2014 before I execute on my plan.

TripleBock

WI

My wife and I go to a bar for the Packer game, they offer either $1 - 12 ounce mugs of beer or $15 all you can drink between 30 minutes before kick off until after the game.  We sit and talk about which is the better way to go, until we realize that we also will get a free shot everytime the Packer's score and we were playing the Vikings (Pre - Rodgers injury)  We scored 8 times, so we only spent $20 on beer.  Plus the food was free.

Many of the people there opted for the $15 AUCD ... that is still within the "Normal" drinking limits for WI.

Didn't know that was possible Wink