Ultra Runners

Foot taping... (Read 518 times)

...any views?

I have had the misfortune of having had a large blister on my little toe caused by my very long run a couple of weeks ago and fear that it will get a good bashing this weekend. Anybody had experience of taping the various rub points on their feet before and had any ill effects?

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

You'll ruin your knees!

I heard some really good things about something called Kinesio-Tex tape, or physio tape.  Basically it stretches and moves well with the skin and is very good for parts of your foot that are not flat.  I watched a guy who was battling blisters pull this tape off a blister-free foot at the end of the Bear 100 on Saturday...

I have used it for an injury, but had not considered it for blister prevention or protection.  I don't know for sure where you can get it, probably could find it online somewhere.  You might also check with a physical therapist (particularly one that works on sports injuries) about getting some. 

This tape was seen by millions this past summer...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

I heard some really good things about something called Kinesio-Tex tape, or physio tape.  Basically it stretches and moves well with the skin and is very good for parts of your foot that are not flat.  I watched a guy who was battling blisters pull this tape off a blister-free foot at the end of the Bear 100 on Saturday...

I have used it for an injury, but had not considered it for blister prevention or protection.  I don't know for sure where you can get it, probably could find it online somewhere.  You might also check with a physical therapist (particularly one that works on sports injuries) about getting some. 

This tape was seen by millions this past summer...

Took me a little time to find the tape...but enjoyed looking for it ....thanks

Bit short notice as I run Saturday but I have a ton of micropore available to me just worried about the flexibility of the stuff as it tends to crease, I know I should have tested this but needs must when the Devil drives.

Now back to Beach Volley Ball what are your views on Rule 13.4.2 b "If simultaneous contacts by the two opponents leads to a “held ball”. Should we really care and enjoy the fact that someone so attractive actually wants to hold our balls....just asking

Jerry

Now back to Beach Volley Ball what are your views on Rule 13.4.2 b "If simultaneous contacts by the two opponents leads to a “held ball”. Should we really care and enjoy the fact that someone so attractive actually wants to hold our balls....just asking

Man Pig.  . . . . . Oh wait - those are one in the same.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

You'll ruin your knees!

Man Pig.  . . . . . Oh wait - those are one in the same.

...and your point is???

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

...and your point is???

Exactly! 

I live with a Man Pig.  He and his friends go on Sports Pig Weekends.  My rules: no videos, no pictures, don't call me if you get arrested, and for the love of all that is Man Piggish - wear condoms  (Some of my girlfriends are actually aghast that I would say that to my DH, but I'm like, "You obviously don't trust your man, or you would think that was a pretty funny statement.)

--------------------------------------

MTA - Good luck with the foot, Jerry.  I use Kiniseo tape and Spenco blister gel pads for any runs 5 miles and over, or I end up with blisters on the sides of my big toes and on the edges of the balls of my feet.  It sucks, but I haven't found any other way to stop them.  I use Injinji's, trail running socks, regular road running socks, combinations of all socks - just can't shake 'em.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks Leslie

Pleased to say the infected toe is now not so red but will definitely get it well and truelly taped, time is short as work is in the way at the moment so will probably just go for micropore over elastoplast and on the "worn out" little toe Elastoplast as I don't want to add too much thickness as that would be counterproductive.

Weather isn't looking to clever for tomorrow so drading the idea of 50 miles in the rain

Jerry

Purdey

Self anointed title

Jerry old buddy - looking a bit windy tomorrow.

I don't tape - if it starts to come lose you will have nightmare chafing and blister problems.  I stick the tried and tested method of "make absolutely sure there is no dirt/grit on your foot or in your sock, cover with thin layer of vaseline, replace sock, put on shoe and then run."

Jerry old buddy - looking a bit windy tomorrow.

I don't tape - if it starts to come lose you will have nightmare chafing and blister problems.  I stick the tried and tested method of "make absolutely sure there is no dirt/grit on your foot or in your sock, cover with thin layer of vaseline, replace sock, put on shoe and then run."

That is my usual technique as well, the worst bit is the first few miles feeling as though your foot is slipping and sliding in your shoe. 

Looking at the weather tonight it does look like there maybe a bit of rain and knowing what Aldershot can be like after a down pour it is going to be really interesting on that clay surface..so vaseline maybe the way forward

Jerry