Ultra Runners

Thames Path 100 - Race Report (Read 176 times)

I have done my best to get as much down as I can possibly remember

Thames Path 100 - Race Report

BTW I did it in 27 hours

Jerry
    A runners blog-updated daily

DoppleBock

Great effort - Nice read ... cold is a dangerous enemy 

Recover well  

I have done my best to get as much down as I can possibly remember

Thames Path 100 - Race Report

BTW I did it in 27 hours

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/ 

2013 Goals ~ Mar < 3:00, 5M < 29, 10k < 35  

Jerry,

Thanks for posting the great report, and congratulations on the distance PR. Your writing had many places that struck chords with me:

Hampton Court, Windsor Castle (signs to) Legoland and some extraordinary affluent houses, oh how the others live.

They got nothing on the life you're living.

It is now 3 O'Clock in the morning and I have been travelling on foot for 15 hours, the night time is glorious, one in a  lifetime, the stars are out in abundancy, Jupiter and Venus holding hands in the bright moonlight, Orion hunting his prey. My focus now 15 to 20 feet ahead, I am alone and the mind wonders this is the time of the hallucination and came with a vengeance:

A boa constrictor (a stick)
            Frogs (clump of grass)
            A chameleon (haven't a clue, maybe it was)

I even had auditory hallucination where I kept thinking there was a bird cheeping about 20 feet away and following me, it was in fact my waterproof rubbing against my backpack!

Gotta love the self-induced LSD!

I left and was immediately shivering but was going to get through this hook or by crook but 1 hour into my journey I was miserable, I was in horrific pain from the cold which was bone deep now and I was shivering uncontrollably. . . . I ate all I could manage....one Twix.

Nice job getting through this part; many others would've quit here.

.....and there it is, 100 miles, a Race Buckle, a medal and one of the most epic foot journeys of my life, worth every penny, ache and pain

Great ending!

Nice!!  Congrats Jerry!