Ultra Runners

Ozark Trail 100 (Read 805 times)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

OK - I'm in. (And not just because WrigleyGirl says they have the prettiest belt buckle.)

And, I know I'm not alone.

So... where are the rest of you staying? Cabins at the Resort? Camping? (Brrr...)

Liz

pace sera, sera

Imminent Catastrophe

OK - I'm in. (And not just because WrigleyGirl says they have the prettiest belt buckle.)

And, I know I'm not alone.

So... where are the rest of you staying? Cabins at the Resort? Camping? (Brrr...)

This thread is useless without pictures.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

You'll ruin your knees!

This thread is useless without pictures.

Not mine, but...  

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Anyone want to run some miles pacing for this race Nov 5?  At present am solo and frankly haven't planned anything out.  feel free to shoot me a message if interested / able.  Thanks.

Buzzie - not sure what I am doing.  I live 90 mins or so away.  debating driving that in the a.m.  Hear the cabins are good option.

• Black Canyon 100k
          • RRR
          • Zane Grey 100k
          • High Lonesome 100
          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
          • The Bear 100
          • Javelina Jundred (?)

Oooh that is a pretty buckle...

~Sara
            It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Well... I guess I'm in.  I lightly fractured my tibia and tore a bunch of ankle ligaments on Tuesday.

Orthopedic surgeon "thinks" I can probably run Ozark still.  We'll see, I guess.  I'm going to be camping someplace.... still TBD.  I spent all my race money on seafood and at Whole Foods in Seattle for Cascade Crest.  Big grin

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

cgerber - Ouch!! WTH? I hope you were at least doing something fun!

HD - Will see about grabbing a cabin. Lotsa extra room though... I'll be solo. Anyone need a bed?

Liz

pace sera, sera

Rolled my ankle on a rock while trail running... so I was having fun at the time at least! 

This is day 3 and it's rapidly improving... so I'm cautiously optimistic! 

You'll ruin your knees!

I am working on an angle to come up and crew some TX friends for this.  If it works out, will look forward to meeting some/all of you.  I believe we will be in a cabin at the race headquarters location...

HD, the cabins at the headquarters (if that is what you are considering) are NOT at the start of the race... but a 1 1/2 hour bus ride to the start... so if you are only 90 min away, you may be better off in your on bed the night before the race. 

Hope I can make it for an RA meetup!'

Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Yes Lynn, please come! Joe is still in, I presume. Any second now I'll reserve my room... :-)

Liz

pace sera, sera

You'll ruin your knees!

Yes Lynn, please come! Joe is still in, I presume. Any second now I'll reserve my room... :-)

Yep, will be coming with Joe P and John S.  So,

Buzzie

HoosierDaddy

cgerber

... is that all?  Anybody else like me just planning on hanging out and crewing?  Pacing? 

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

I still need to get a place, a pacer, and a plan.  Just got the elevation profile and not even worth a strategy.  Pretty much up ad down within a few hundred feet the whole time from what I see.  Sounds like pacer may not be needed from some accounts I've read.

I will probably get a cabin and take the bus.  Getting up that early and driving myself sounds easy now but will be horrible then.

• Black Canyon 100k
                          • RRR
                          • Zane Grey 100k
                          • High Lonesome 100
                          • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                          • The Bear 100
                          • Javelina Jundred (?)

My ankle isn't healing up like it should, so I'm probably going to withdraw from Ozark. I did about 25 miles on Saturday, and it was absolute agony and everything swelled up to the size of a football, so probably not the best idea to quadruple that distance.

Have fun and good luck everyone!

Crap! That's no good Chris!

~Sara
                              It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

You'll ruin your knees!

My ankle isn't healing up like it should, so I'm probably going to withdraw from Ozark. I did about 25 miles on Saturday, and it was absolute agony and everything swelled up to the size of a football, so probably not the best idea to quadruple that distance.

Have fun and good luck everyone!

Well, perhaps there would be enough time for the swelling to go back down before the finish! Confused

Sorry it isn't going your way, Chris.  We will miss you in the Ozarks!   Take care...