Ultra Runners

Falling (Read 490 times)

You'll ruin your knees!

some good stuff here... direct line is good... just past the point where you think you are out of control... the wobble board/maze is cool! 

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

some good stuff here...

Yes, thanks all.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I'm trying to learn how to run downhill on gnarly trails better.

The last time I did this (March 26), I tore a tendon in the top of my foot. Black eye  It's gonna be a long, long time before I can try, try again. Undecided

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Imminent Catastrophe

Once right after a technical trail race I was walking across a parking lot and fell! Now that's embarrassing!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

The more I run trails the less I fall.  Used to fall often (not picking up tired legs mostly).  Sorta the "practice" thing you mentioned.

I still fall but usually due to some unseen obstacle.

• Black Canyon 100k
            • RRR
            • Zane Grey 100k
            • High Lonesome 100
            • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
            • The Bear 100
            • Javelina Jundred (?)
            Purdey

Self anointed title

I find the key is to relax (easier said than done) when running fast downhill. If your legs, core and upper body are tense then a rock / root / whatever can throw you off easily. If you are relaxed and loose then the bumps and humps will be absorbed easier. (For skiers - it is a bit like taking a direct line through a mogul field). It comes with practice.

You guys are the best. 

Only one fall and one ankle turn, neither of which was at all bad.

Thank you!

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I find it strange no one has posted a link to the song Falling

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Carl A

I find it strange no one has posted a link to the song Falling

[link]

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.