Ultra Runners

Rocky Raccoon live updates (Read 531 times)

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

• Black Canyon 100k
    • RRR
    • Zane Grey 100k
    • High Lonesome 100
    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
    • The Bear 100
    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

http://www.ultralive.net/rr100/webcast.php

I have found that ultralive isn't always great on the updates.  I don't know if it has to do with the race or the service.  I also don't know if RR is going to have mats down in any place other than at  the 20 mile loops.

A good place to find info is on twitter (#RR100).  A variety of people are providing updates including @InsideUltras (good stuff) and the crew of @ScottJurek.

Our fellow RA'er Zach Gingerich is currently in the early lead, but he is a big fan of going out fast.  This is pretty exciting!

Go Zach!!!

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There are a few Monkey I know there too!

KvnJns

This is cool stuff.

Kevin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ian did the first 80 miles at a 7:28 min/mi pace.  Holy. Crap.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

So he finished the RR100 on pace that I have trouble holding can't hold for 26.2.  Pretty amazing. 

MTA-correction to statement!

• Black Canyon 100k
              • RRR
              • Zane Grey 100k
              • High Lonesome 100
              • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
              • The Bear 100
              • Javelina Jundred (?)

I can't hold that pace for a road 10k.  Maybe even a 5k.  Yowza.  Mind-blowing run!!

xor

For those who don't feel like clicking, dude won in 12:44. 7:38/mi or something like that.

Those trails always give super fast times.  I've fallen more frequently out there than anywhere where else I've raced.  (easy trail so you try to run fast, but roots hidden under leaves reach up and grab you) I'm amazed.

Purdey

Self anointed title

Damn. I missed this. I know Ian and have spoken to him a few times. You know - he only started running about 6 years ago. He beat Zach Gingerich and Tony K right? Ave pace about 7:36? That's not too shabby.

DoppleBock

Liz ran a mid 15 for a dominating win on the ladies side - It might be the fastest 100M trail race ever run by a woman.  I think Ian's also might be the fastest by a man - I am not sure.

Damn. I missed this. I know Ian and have spoken to him a few times. You know - he only started running about 6 years ago. He beat Zach Gingerich and Tony K right? Ave pace about 7:36? That's not too shabby.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Imminent Catastrophe

Liz ran a mid 15 for a dominating win on the ladies side - It might be the fastest 100M trail race ever run by a woman.  I think Ian's also might be the fastest by a man - I am not sure.

Jenn Shelton, 14:57

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

~Sara
                          It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

Jerry
                            A runners blog-updated daily

You'll ruin your knees!

Thought I'd pop in and share a couple of items related to Rocky Raccoon... I captained the DamNation Aid Station, one that successful 100 mile runners would pass through 10 different times during their journey to the finish.  I took a lot of pictures, many of which are featured in various race reports I linked below.  It was amazing...

Rocky Raccoon Results Article w/pics

Liza Howard's Race Report

Tony Krupicka's Race Report

Hal Koerner's Race Report

DamNation Aid Station Perspective

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)