Ultra Runners

Thunder Rock 100m (Read 69 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Nice.  That's going to be a beautiful race.  30 hours is too hard of a cutoff on that course for slow pokes like me though.

I liked this: "We will not have one awards ceremony; it will instead be a continuous finisherʼs celebration until the last runner is taken care of. When you are ready, we will announce your name and have you come up to the stage to receive your finisherʼs medal, belt buckle and jacket and take your photo for accomplishing something that most canʼt even imagine."

Running is dumb.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I worry a bit about making the cutoff unless I can recapture my fitness...but yeah, I've been crazy excited about this since it was first rumored...

C-R

Wait. You have until when? Here's hoping you are getting well and fast.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

TripleBock

http://www.rockcreek.com/thunder-rock.rco#.

I can't I am golfing and getting loaded that weekend.

I am fuller bodied than Dopplebock

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

No need to get fast. Just obstinate.

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I've heard it's over half sold out already. Crazy.

Running is dumb.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As of now, 116 of 200 slots filled in under 4 hours. Half full at 3 hours.

pcaharrier

Well, if I ever decide that I'm crazy enough to try a 100 miler, I now have one more to put on my short list.  I LOVE that part of the country (probably thanks to a few trips to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park as a kid).

TripleBock

But, But ... Trent is in that state ... I try and avoid TN ... all my memories of TN are full of pain and suffering.  When I was young, my Dad made us go to the Grand Ole Opry - Minim Pearl, Chet Atkin, Roy Clark ,Oakridge Boys ... its like being forced to watch "Hee Haw" live.  The horror of it  to an 8 year old boy.

Well, if I ever decide that I'm crazy enough to try a 100 miler, I now have one more to put on my short list.  I LOVE that part of the country (probably thanks to a few trips to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park as a kid).

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey TB, I can think of more painful things you have done in TN.

TripleBock

Like riding the Wabash Cannonball for 3 hours straight on a slow night at Opryland - Never had to get off ... Fun, but boy or boy was I sore.

Hey TB, I can think of more painful things you have done in TN.

BenTN

Trent - Good Luck, have fun and report back!

I was working towards it until.... You know that ankle that I rolled at the monkey, I trashed it at Pine Mtn. Just now doing some short slow runs.

It's now at 172/200 in almost 24 hours.

BenTN

Trent - That will give you a month to recover before the Stage Race. You should do it. It's like three days of the monkey but trails. Everyone is racing the next day so they hang out and socialize. Plus they have free craft brew each night.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

That race is always on my to do list, but I am always up in Wisconsin for much of the month of June.