Ultra Runners

Nashville Urban Greenway Ultra (Read 227 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

http://www.nashvilleultra.com Anybody know anything about this? October 18. There have been no local announcements that I know. It is kinda like a stealth ultra, and the website does not say much. The website states: There will be a 50K, 60K, 70K and 80K. The course is about 80% paved and 20% grass trails. Of the paved portion, 90% are trails that are part of the downtown Nashville Greenways system. The other 10% is a bike trail along Davidson Street in East Nashville. There is no contact name. Anybody, anything?
    Carl A

I got nuttin. Seems a little expensive for a low-key event, although it'd probably be a good time.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, and we still have heard next to nothing here in Nashville...

Ultrachick

Too much pavement for me to consider it. Kelly
          If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
          Purdey

Self anointed title

Too much pavement for me to consider it. Kelly
            Hey Kelly - what races have you got planned - I seem to remember that you and your husband enter some pretty awesome ultras?

Ultrachick

Yes , we have a pretty busy schedule this summer. I started my season with the Boston marathon-Jack ran too. We both agreed the race is too early in the year as it cuts into our ski season (alpine). My summer looks like this: June 1-Nipmuck Trail Marathon in Connecticut July 5-The Finger Lakes 50m in New York July 26-the Jay Ultimate XC Challenge, Jay, VT (33m or so) it's more of an adventure race in that the course includes running in a river for about 4 miles, up and down Jay Peak ski area and trails that look like they were cut the day before. Now that I'm 40! I'm hoping to place near the top for the Masters division. Aug 23-the Bramble Scramble 30k-a local race here in Williston, VT at a non-profit trail center. I've done this race for the past couple years. Sept 20-21-the BIG goal-the Iroquois Trail 100, in the Finger Lakes area of New York-near Ithaca. It will be my first 100m and the first time for this race to be run as well. Jack is doing the VT 100 so I'll be support crew for him there and he got into the Wasatch Front 100 in Utah in September so I'll be support crew there too! I've never been to Utah so I'm looking forward to it. He's also in the race up Mt Washington in New Hampshire. That's our summer. Assuming I finish the 100, I don't know what I'll be up for after but a couple possibilities are the Green Mtn marathon here in VT and the Stone Cat 50m in Massachusetts. So lets hope I don't get hurt and am able to balance all this with the rest of my life without losing my mind! Purdy, I see your goals at the bottom of your post, anything else on your schedule this season? Kelly
              If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
              Purdey

Self anointed title

Well, nothing as extreme as yours! I'm doing a 30km trail race in Aug as part of my build up to the trail marathon in Oct. In Feb 09 I'm doing the Thames Meander (about 55 miles). This race is mainly used by UK runners in preparation for the Marathon Des Sables - which I'm not doing! All of this has the aim of getting me qualified for the Sri Chinmoy 24hr ultra in Oct 09. Places are limited to 40 and the priority goes to runners with the most ultra experience. I'm hoping that these races will get me a place!