Ultra Runners

RWOL ultra runners (Read 668 times)

Jane

Hi, add me as another migrant runner, I'm also more flirting with ultras than committed to them right now.  I've got one 24 hour race under my belt and DNF the North Country 50 this summer at mile 35 now to my regret as my reason for the DNF was a race that got cancelled.  I've got the Marathon at Land Between the lakes and a 2nd go at North Country on my target for 2013 but haven't scheduled anything else as I move from Georgia to Michigan in January and need to get to the new office and see what months will be bad for planning races and what are good to go.

Never run, if you want to never run, don't start because you'll never stop.

Trail Dog

I move from Georgia to Michigan in January and need to get to the new office and see what months will be bad for planning races and what are good to go.

Hey, I know you! I moved to Chicago a few months ago. Maybe we'll end up at a same race again sometime soon.

RunJasonRun

Good to see the old crowd coming back together again.  Hey!

Tell Roxie that I said hello.

Nobody leaves this place without singing the blues.

There goes the neighborhood

Shouldn't you be baking or something?

Big grin

That's right -- I'm taking over; BWA HA HA HA HA!

xor

I see you.

That's right -- I'm taking over; BWA HA HA HA HA!

I can't wait to be told what to do

your signature line just reminded me to sign up for CP, see you in January

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I never really posted on the RW Ultra forum, but I'm a recent RW migrant (Amanda in ATL) and an ultrarunner so I figure I may as well throw my hat into the ring over here.

This place just keeps getting better and better.

Running is dumb.

Docket_Rocket

I'm puffing out my chest and flexing a bicep.  

Hey! Angry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

I can't wait to be told what to do

your signature line just reminded me to sign up for CP, see you in January

See you there!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Glad to be on board. Thanks for the welcome.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

DoppleBock

For neverreow and  RoxieRuns

I am in Neenah, WI - So these are WI based race, but that is what I know.

A great race to consider is Ice Age 50k/50 mile in May.  It is part of the montrail cup series, so it fills up pretty fast.  Nice trails, Lots of aide stations and Nice beer post race (Yes in WI, beer is part of the race rating) 

Another interesting choice is the Mad City 100k in April - This is the 100k road national championship race, but also has a companion 50k race.  10k loop, really organized well - I did not find any beer post race.

Both in Hell, MI - Gnaw Bone Indiana and Devils Lake WI (July) we have Dances with Dirt series - along with Dade, FL - These are 1/2 Marathon / 50k / 50 mile races. 

Kettle Moraine 100k, 100m and 38 mile night fun run is 1st weekend in June

The Glaical 50M/50k is the tough bitchy little sister to Ice Age and in the Northern Kettle Moraine - East of Fon du lac - This race is run in October - More elevation gain and more technical than Ice Age - Less aide stations.

Tuscobia is a winter ultra in December - Park Falls WI - the 75 and 150 mile races make you pull a sled with your own provisions.

The year kicks off with the John Dick Crusty 50k the 1st weekend in February each year.

The Chilly Chippewa 50k is on the west side of WI in April

Keys Peak 50k is in Northeast WI at the end of June.

Badger Land Striders put on a 6/12/24 hour track race in Late August or Early Sept.

Door County Fall 50 - Road 50M or relay is a beer guzzling blast the weekend before Holloween.

Frozen Otter is somewhere in there.

Marathon - WI has many a small marathon - I lost count, but likely 30 of then.  Starting with the Ice Breaker at the Petit Ice Center (Indoor 443 meter track) in January.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

Gray Runner

Running Bear

Glad to be on board. Thanks for the welcome.

Hey Girl.  Glad to see you going after ultras.  I am thinking this could be your zone.  

Upcoming races:  
                          Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
                          Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
                          Sweetwater 50K 4/12
                          Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
                          Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
                          H9 50 mile 8/9
                          Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
                          Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
                          Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
                          Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

Gray Runner

Running Bear

Dopplebock - wow what a selection.  I keep wondering if I need to move up north?  But I am finding lots of good races down here in the southeast.  

Upcoming races:  
                            Mt. Cheaha 50K 2/22
                            Georgia Death race 100K 3/15-16
                            Sweetwater 50K 4/12
                            Cruel Jewel 100 5/16-17
                            Make It By Midnight FM 7/XX
                            H9 50 mile 8/9
                            Georgia Jewel 100 9/27
                            Pacing at Pinhoti 100 11/XX
                            Dunkin Ridge Trail 50K 11/XX
                            Lookout Mtn 50 mile 12/20

Trail Monster

Another RWOL refugee here! I'll add my 2013 races to the calendar thread when I get a chance! Anyone in Western PA here? I'd like to find some training partners for trail runs and night runs!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Dopplebock, that was a pretty comprehensive list!  North Face Endurance is in September in Kettle Moraine.  There is going to be a new trail marathon up in the Porkies in October of 2013 as well.

RoxieRuns will probably pop in here and tell you that she's run Glacial Trail before.  She schooled me there in 2011.  (Although to be fair to myself, everyone schools me.  It's not hard to do.)  I'm trying to convince her to run the 50 at Ice Age next year.

Running is dumb.