Ultra Runners

2012 RAers Race Calendar (Read 2137 times)

DoppleBock

Mad City 50k (100k course when it host national championship) was a lot harder than I thought.  Course is never closed to trafic and has many corners - So its hard to run the correct tangents.  There is one medium size hill and one long soul stealing hill - The rest is a nice constant rolling course.  This makes the times of the mad city 100k last year even more amazing to me. 

2 people beat the previous course record of 3:08 - Zach Bittner ran a 3:03 and Patrick Russell ran for 2nd (I do not know time - But under 3:08)

I would think it is 1-2 minute penalty per 10k look compared to a flat coouse with few turns.

One of my secret goals I did not post was to not get lapped by the winner - I was 1 minute into my 5th and final lap when I heard the cheering for Zach's finish. 

I ran my fastest lap the last and finish @ 3:44:20

Although I had a great race for me and beat my A goal - I got beat by 42 minutes - damn I am slow.  I think it works out to be @ 7:15 pace - I am thinking that with the diffculty on the course and that I will run at least 170 miles this week - I dub myslef to currently be in 3:03 - 3:05 marathon pace.  Still a wee bit of work to do to make sub 3 @ Carmel.

Full results

http://www.runrace.net/findarace.php?id=12105WI&tab=a4&results=3507#dRlt

As you can see I was not in the same race as the top 4.

Laps

1  45:36

2  45:40

3  45:16

4  44:44

5  43:04

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

TeaOlive     Cremator 50 mile endurance race    Beaufort, SC  july 21

steph  

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Ouachita 50 on April 21. 

Does anyone have a race report or advice other than watch out for horse flies! Smile

• Black Canyon 100k
        • RRR
        • Zane Grey 100k
        • High Lonesome 100
        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
        • The Bear 100
        • Javelina Jundred (?)
        jjameson

Mad City 50k (100k course when it host national championship) was a lot harder than I thought.  Course is never closed to trafic and has many corners - So its hard to run the correct tangents.  There is one medium size hill and one long soul stealing hill - The rest is a nice constant rolling course.  This makes the times of the mad city 100k last year even more amazing to me

DB, nice race.  You clearly can run sub 3 in a puny marathon.  I'm sure the turns, traffic, and hills (albeit not very big) took some extra effort.  I'll be in Madison next weekend and plan to run some of the course.  Doesn't the 10k course run around Lake Wingra?

Are you still doing Carmel Marathon?  Good Luck!

J

Hardrock Hundred - July 13

Moab Alpine to Slickrock 50 - Sept 15

That's it for now.   Maybe Bear 100 or Wild Idaho 100 later in the fall.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sweetwater 50K / Registered  doubtful  I will do it. 4/21( Icing   swollen knee at present. Hope to be ready by Monday)

Run for Kids Challage 50K-------------------------5 / 5 AL

Darkside 8 HR-----------------------------------------5-12 GA

Bad Marsh 50K----------------------------------------6-23 SC

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Kalsarikännit

Ouachita 50 on April 21

HoosierDaddy and cgerber, since you both put down "50" for events with both a 50 mile and 50k race, I have put you both down for the 50 mile and contacted the race directors to make sure that you do not attempt to race a single step less.  

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

jjameson

I think a requirement to get on the calender should be some sort of race report posted after the race.  I don't necessarily need to read a race report of a marathon (but it would be great!); but all ultras should have some sort of report at least acknowledging you did it and how it went.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

Ouachita 50 on April 21

HoosierDaddy and cgerber, since you both put down "50" for events with both a 50 mile and 50k race, I have put you both down for the 50 mile and contacted the race directors to make sure that you do not attempt to race a single step less.  

Damn - she held me to it, too.

BTW - Meltzer is running Ice Age.  Celebrity sighting in WI!

• Black Canyon 100k
                    • RRR
                    • Zane Grey 100k
                    • High Lonesome 100
                    • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                    • The Bear 100
                    • Javelina Jundred (?)

Kalsarikännit

HoosierDaddy, how was Ouachita?

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

HoosierDaddy, how was Ouachita?

Good - I was about an hour slower than I should be.  Combination of nutrition not worked out well yet this year and Hokas (sprained ankle within 3 miles).  Was much more technical than I thought and I ran tentatively.  

I think I will be running in my Bondi's on hard-pack but I'm going to have to suck it up on technical trails and wear regular shoes.  Looking forward to Ice Age and hoping I can redeem myself a bit (relative to the mortals running it).

The course itself and the race were great.  I don't think I've run a trail race that well supported (frequency and what they offered at the aid stations).  Almost entirely in the woods so while a bit warm, not beat down with sun too.  Highly recommend it.

The pinnacle peak climb was literally boulder climbing, hands and feet.  took very long time to cimb up then going down was almost as slow for a while as you were hopping around on boulders.

• Black Canyon 100k
                        • RRR
                        • Zane Grey 100k
                        • High Lonesome 100
                        • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                        • The Bear 100
                        • Javelina Jundred (?)

Late entry here... I am going to be pacing the Illinois Marathon this Saturday 4/28, 4:25 pace group

I'm way behind!

Jan 8 - Mississippi Blues Marathon - Mississippi

Jan 9 - First Light Marathon  - Alabama
                            April 16 - Boston Marathon

April 28 - DE Trail Marathon

April 29 - Jill's 5k - NJ

May 6 - Broad Street 10 Miler - Philly

July 21 - Cranberry Island Ultra - Maine

August 11 -Wildcat Ridge Romp 50 Miler -  Rockaway, NJ 

August 18 - Livestrong 5k - Philly

August 19 - Livestrong bike ride (35 miles??) - Philly

October 13 - Oil Creek 100 Miler (I'M GONNA DIE!!!!) - Pittsburgh, PA

October 28 - Marine Corps Marathon - DC

Michelle

Late entry here... I am going to be pacing the Illinois Marathon this Saturday 4/28, 4:25 pace group

My wife is pacing the 3:55 group.  Her name is Kristen if you run into her.  Hope you bring in lots of finishers under their time goal!

Kalsarikännit

I'm making a change to my list.  I have raced Hawthorn Half Day more than any other race.  It has been very good to me, but I would like to try a 12 hour on a faster course, I need (and want) to do a race in Minnesota, and I would really like to be able to help DB (and his fantastic wife) out at FANS.  So the FANS 12 hour it is.