Ultra Runners

Pineland Farms 50 Mile / 50k / 25k (Read 198 times)

Anybody else going to be there this weekend?  I'll be helping out until the 50k starts, then I'm running.

My wife will be helping out while I run, and she'll be stuck there helping out as I intend to hide the keys to the car. Big grin

Run to Win
    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Having finally been in Maine on Memorial Day Weekend - gotta say - Pineland Farms is highly recommended!  Extremely well organized, and a very challenging course for being so close to sea level.

Race report:

http://news.runtowin.com/2009/05/25/pineland-farms-trail-challenge-2009.html

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

who knows...

I ran the 50 mile there last year as my first 50 mile race. Apart from "bonking" midway and limping through to the finish (poor fluid and nutrition strategy on my part) I enjoyed the course. The hills weren't extremely big but they were constantly rolling. I remember the portion on the gravel road (next to the farm) being tough only because the sun felt harsh after coming out of the trees.

Glad to hear you had a good race.
        "There is no I in εγω." --Unknown author, source of possible, but in no way certain, Greek origin