Ultra Runners

Tahoe Rim Trail - 2012 (Read 445 times)

Fudge Fuck!

I felt worse at the 50 mile mark than I did last year at 100 miles, so I dropped. 

Partly weather (much warmer this year) and I fell in the Red House loop (mile 16ish) and racked my hips. Forced me to shorten my stride and was running tense.

I finished the first 50 in a little over 13 hours so I could have gone on (course is open for 35 hours) however, walking for 22 hours just to complete full 100 strangely held no appeal.

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Imminent Catastrophe

Fudge Fuck!

I felt worse at the 50 mile mark than I did last year at 100 miles, so I dropped. 

Partly weather (much warmer this year) and I fell in the Red House loop (mile 16ish) and racked my hips. Forced me to shorten my stride and was running tense.

Dang, you got there about when I did, wish I'd known. I didn't see anyone who looks like your avatar though. Yeah, it was warm, especially that climb up Diamond Peak.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016