Ultra Runners

NJ Ultra Festival - March 19 (Read 224 times)

On On

NJ Ultra Festival will take place on March 19, 2011.  There will be races of Marathon, 50K, 50M, 100K and 100M.  The course is flat and fast.  You can expect a PR against any other trail race of the same distance.  I'd almost consider it a road course.  It is an old rail road bed turned into a trail.  It is about 10 feet wide, small crushed gravel for the footing and straight as can be.  You run along a peaceful stream, by horse and cow farms for the majority of the course.

Race Headquarters is Ort Farms which we will be renting and using for camping as well.  There will be a pre race meal at the Church across the street on Friday night and then brunch at the Long Valley Brewpub on Sunday.

For more info check out HERE
       Thanks for posting this Rick! I am definitely interested in this!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

As mentioned in the swamp notice, I expect I'll be there. Going to try for Umstead, and failing that I'll be at this race if I'm not in Italy that weekend.

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Imminent Catastrophe

That sounds great! I'd like to be there, but at this point I'm not sure what distance. What is the policy on switching races?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

On On

That sounds great! I'd like to be there, but at this point I'm not sure what distance. What is the policy on switching races?

I will allow you to run any distance and will post your time for any distance you complete.

You can only win awards in the event you enter.

jfa

I believe it will be time for me to try my first race of over 26.2m there Rick. Look for me to sign up for the 50k.