Ultra Runners

So who's training for what and who's going to be where this year? (Read 598 times)

Wasatch Speedgoat

4/28 Zane Gray 50 http://www.zanegrey50.com/ 6/16 San Juan Solstice 50 http://www.lakecity50.com/ 7/13 Hardrock 100 http://run100s.com/HR/ Might be pacing someone at the Leadville 100 in August. Then I rest.... Smile

Life is short, play hard!

Carl A

Steve, That sounds like a great schedule--good luck! Here are my plans: NEPA 100K+, 8/11 Delaware 100, 9/29 (might be moved to 9/22) I'm co-organizing the inaugural NEPA 100K+, which will be a low-key, no-fee run. I'll post more info as soon as we hear back from the rail trail folks, who maintain some of the route we're hoping to use.

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Eryn

Steve, aren't you in Marathon and Beyond? I love the stories in that book! 2nd attempt at an ultra: High Mountain Institute 50k in July Pikes Peak Marathon, Aug Danielesque Marathon, Oct Those are the big ones for me this year!

Some runners drag a tire. I drag a Great Pyrenees.

Wasatch Speedgoat

Steve, aren't you in Marathon and Beyond? I love the stories in that book!
          Nope....I don't think so unless I was mentioned by someone. My wife and I do have an article in a book about ultrarunning. Good luck with you races!

Eryn

Yeah, that's the book. Running through the wall. I've read that book way too many times... need to actually run ultras rather than daydreaming about them! I'm hoping to do Leadville in 2008, will do the training weekend this summer.

Is anybody out there familiar with Helen Klein 50mi ultra? I would love to do that one next year. What is the course like? Ewa
              I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill

Wasatch Speedgoat

Yeah, that's the book. Running through the wall. I've read that book way too many times... need to actually run ultras rather than daydreaming about them! I'm hoping to do Leadville in 2008, will do the training weekend this summer.
                Great! I was out in Leadville while they were doing that training weekend and instead did 10 14'ers in 2 weeks. I highly recommend the Leadville Hostel as a great place to stay. Very inexpensive and it's much like staying at a good hotel. Have fun and good luck with the training and prepping for the Leadville 100 in 08. I haven't run that yet and probably never will because I run Hardrock every year and Leadville is just too close. one year I ran the bighorn 100 and then Hardrock 3 weeks later, never saw the Hardrock finish line...I was still too wasted from Bighorn. Steve

mbk

Here are my tentative plans, but things change! May - Bar H Boondoggle six hour in TX June - Laurel Highlands 70.5 mile in PA July - Cap'n Carl's 12 hour Night Run in TX July - El Scorcho 50k (starts at midnight) in TX October - Heartland 100 November - Ultracentric 24 hour December - SunMart 50 mile December - White Rock Marathon
                  Carl A

Good luck Steve, Barbie, and Marshall in your races this weekend! Carl

Speed my steps along your path, according to your will.

Eryn

Thanks, Carl! My nerves are starting early for this one. Hopefully won't be too much of a wreck come Sunday. I'm trying to convince myself that the race is just a reaaallly long training run. Steve, I can't wait to hear about Hardrock! Best of luck to you and Deb!

Young Gun

3/8: Pittsfield Snowshoe Marathon 4/11: McNaughton Park 150 5/17: Massanutten 100 6/14: Pittsfield Peaks 7/19: VT100 Thats it for the 1st half. Hope to see you all around!

www.HumanPotentialRunning.com

You'll ruin your knees!

Still working on the schedule, but Bandera 100K 1/5 Dam Road Aid station captain - Rocky Raccoon 100 2/2-3 May have to check out Zane Grey and/or San Juan Solstice (if still open) this year Sent in my Hardrock application yesterday Maybe Bear in Idaho or Plain in Washington in the fall... Cactus Rose 100 in November Will likely ad lib a bit as well... Steve, I hope to see you at Zane Grey and Hardrock! Would love to share the trail with you a while (if I can keep up!). Good luck to all in 2008! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Feb - Moab Red Hot 50k+ - Moab, UT Mar - Land Between the Lakes 50 Mile - Kentucky Apr - Grand Canyon R2R2R maybe? Jun - San Juan Solstice 50 Mile - Lake City, CO Aug - Leadville 100 - Leadville, CO Sep - Moab Alpine to Slickrock 50 Mile - Moab, UT Late Fall - WRIAD or Kokopelli Trail in 2-3 days maybe... to far out to decide - Moab, UT Should be a fun year, barring injuries! - Chris
                              So far for 2008... 1/12-13 - Goofy Challenge 2/16 - Myrtle Beach Marathon 3/8 - Umstead Marathon 4/5-4/6 - Umstead 100 (First 100 and only second ultra) May - Sept - really depends on how Umstead goes. I have to see if I even like 100's. 10/4 - Triple Lakes 40m November - "maybe" Mountain Masochist December - Sunmart 50m (going back to where it all began. Smile ) Happy New Year! Lisa
                              sherpagirl

Sherpagirl

I haven't finalized everything yet. Here it is so far: March - Some 50K or Marathon May - Collegiate Peaks 25 June - Big Horn 50 July - Leadville Marathon, Training Camp August - Pace 50 of Leadville Oct - Dec - Some 100 DownShiftBarbie - I think we live in the same suburb of Denver. We should share running trails at some point. I am new to the area and only know the old favorites like Waterton , Green Mt ect. SG
                                If you're bored ask why you're boring