Virtual Racers

I'm in for the 5K.
    "It is very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runner. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants to quit." George Sheehan
      Due to schedule conflicts this weekend is it possible that I do the race today? If not guess I'll be in next month

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wingz

Professional Noob

December's Virtual Race dates are Dec 2-3. If possible, try to run a race or time trial on that weekend. If you can't, then just submit a race time from within the last month. Half marathon and marathon race distances don't need to be run this particular weekend - just within the last month.
        Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

I saw that but wanted to make sure Big grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Heh, so I had actually been thinking that I might just feel up to a shortish race...but I'd have to find someplace indoors to run it, apparently, since our roads show no sign of being very runable in the foreseeable future. I'm already feeling antsy because I have not managed a long run in 3 weeks. Ack! Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Put on your skis and head out there, ZZ! We can have a skiing division if you like...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hah, that would be cool! Unfortunately my ski boots don't fit (got the set when I was 13--skis and poles are still in great shape, but the boots are too small and the bindings are rusted and need to be replaced, too. I may see if I can find some good sales after the holidays on ski stuff). Otherwise I would be tempted. Though this snow isn't even good for skiing. It's wet and sticky and would be probably a lot harder than just running through it with shoes on, LOL. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin Then you should definitely go out for a HM this weekend... I need a chance to beat someone. Be sure to stop for hot chocolate in the middle of your run... And ask directions from the nearest bunny... Evil grin Evil grin Evil grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Hmmm...I suppose I could always walk 13.1 miles. I wonder how long that would take. I have a feeling I would come home VERY wet and cold after 3+ hours. Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

That's what DH's are for... Evil grin

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

True... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

My apologies, all! I forgot to put out the link to the results form! Here it is: http://www.geocities.com/yanelh/results_form.html Accepting race entries from now through midnight Monday (EST) ...

I did my 5 mile today and got this cool medal for 2nd in my Age Group Big grin http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=18532165&imageID=1508816213
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Ooooh! Very nice!

RunningHammer

nice medal !