Womens Running

Too Cold Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 23 times)

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, not race it? Yeah RIGHT.

Lisa, hope you do get some nice weather. Wish we could send ours to you. It's supposed to be in the 80s again on Saturday.

Marjorie, driving from MI to SC, that'll take a while, won't it?

Camille, good point on the sugar subs -- sugar alcohol is common as a non-glucose sweetener and that can have nasty side effects if you eat  too much of whatever it is that's sweetened with xylitol or sorbitol or one of the other -ol class of substances.

Ginny, yay on Hatfield-McCoy!! If you want to go slowly, I can offer DD as a companion, she is likely to be walking or slow jogging the half.

Um...is somebody doing the first half so that the car can get back to the hotel? Or do we have a driver? Sounds like everyone who's doing the half wants to do the second half. Which is not surprising considering the elevation profile of the first half. DD prefers the second also. DS can't drive so he's not an option.

Damaris, it was good to meet you, sorry you were sluggish but glad you enjoyed it.

Julie, not sure I'd want to go out as a new runner in 35 and snow showers.

Laura, hope the new group works out.

Judy, lots of cardio! You're still doing weights too, right?

Carol, does the instructor keep tabs on your laps, or do you swim for time?

Susan, ugh on the training. I would want something to do too. I just web'd my way through a mandatory webinar on The Importance Of The Post Placement Meeting. It took an hour for them to say "you have to do it"?

4 this morning with neighbour, planning a gym run at lunch. Odd sighting yesterday. I was going into the gym and there was fabric lying on the ground outside. Looked down, thinking it was a dropped baseball cap or something, and it was a pair of undies and one sock. All I can think of is that someone was running out the door and hadn't packed up the clothes they'd changed out of properly. I picked the stuff up in a plastic bag (like you'd pick up what the dog left on the sidewalk) and turned it in to lost and found. Not sure if anyone will have the guts to claim it!

And if you want to read a badass race report, go here and page down to SuperMelRunning's report about the ND 50K she ran last weekend. Knee deep snow. Freezing cold. Drifted. Tough race.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/community/mbd/post.aspx?page_size=25&rownum=2&page_noHidden=2&threadpage_no=1&sincedate=3/18/2013+12:00:00+AM&thread_id=163164890&thread_name=*****MARATHONERS+TUESDAY*****&forum_id=1&board_id=18&setview=TRUE&daterange=2days&viewchange=POSTSDESC

I bow down.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Tessa yes it is a 12 hour drive.

Damaris it is hell.  I'm struggling with all that happened yesterday.  I'm not a confrontational person. Not in the way they were last night.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, when is your term up? I would say if they are like that you may not want to be on the board again. Some people are sure they know how to do everything and they tell everyone who does have to do it what to do.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

end of this year Tessa.  But she just resigned about 15 min ago so that helps a lot

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Holy crap Tessa, I just read the racereport you linked! That is amazingly badass.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel