Womens Running

Thursday Is Our Friend (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Thursday helps me prepare for the weekend because Friday is already too busy this week. Wink

Post. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

The weekend is already over scheduled. Big grin  Cute pictures of the DC Zoo Sumatran tiger cubs doing their first test swim on the washingtonpost.com site.

Wednesday I tried a new *walk* DVD by Denise Austin for 30 minutes, but still prefer the Leslie Sansone ones. I went out to dinner early so had to limit my exercise time. Today after work I will pick up a few things at the grocery on the way to my track run, then cardio at home. Work meetings all day tomorrow. Exercise after that.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Good morning!  I lost a note again yesterday when I hit that mysterious key near the enter key that deletes everything.

I've done 30min 2x this week and am going to walk/run the half in Chickamauga this weekend. A runner from home is coming to do it as part of her 50th state quest and is hoping to win masters I think.  I just hope I finish the half by the time she finishes the full. : )  It's the 150th year of the Battle of Chattanooga and with Veteran's Day, there are special events, so it's a great year to be there.

Carol, good luck with the wedding stress. My son-in-law's mom caused a lot of stress up until the day before the wedding, partly because the venue wasn't in their town. It was dreadful the evening they arrived.  I suspect her husband had a talk with her because she changed overnight and was great the day before the wedding and at the wedding.  Maybe someone will do that for the MOG in your dau's. I'll bet it will be wonderful anyway.

Judy, I have stick arms, too. Just wish some of my belly fat would move to them. I use 5 lb weights, but only 2x/wk.

Marjorie, good luck with the hip.  I sure hope it cooperates.

Demaris and Gatsby, did I congratulate you?  Gatsby, I loved the pic of you and husband.

Karen, congrats to you, too. Amazing that you did that so soon after your speedy race. I'd say Hanson's worked for you.

Ginny, what a compliment for you to be asked to be in the tour!  You must do a great job every year. No one would think of asking me to do that-the decorating gene passed me by.  I'm sure it's a bit stressful but am guessing it'll be beautiful.

Lisa, along the line of decorating, as I'm trying to clean house for company, I've thought of you. One of my favorite quotes ever on this board is from you...something like...when you don't have time to clean, it's time to lower your standards.  : )  That's a philosophy I can buy into. : ) I have too much clutter.

Cindy, I hope the boys keep cooperating while hubby is gone.

Hi Laura, you're always a machine when it comes to working out.

Congrats, Tessa on pacing MM!

Gotta go clean the bathrooms...ugh.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. Raining here. Think today will be a day to shop and to do indoor stuff.

Marjorie

ginnyb

Oh my gosh, worked with the trainer this morning at 6:30...he made me do things with my legs that shouldn't be!  They still feel like jello.  I feel pain coming tomorrow!  Still enjoy working with him.  Planning on running tomorrow.  I stil have a 10K and a Half to run in December, so I can't keep being a slacker.

Thank you Camille, I guess I do an okay job on the decorating and we have an older home, and they do like the older homes to be on the tour.  Ours was built in 1903.  It will be nice to have all my decorating done by the 1st of December, it just seems so odd to be decorating so early in November.

Judyruns...as usual , you never miss a workout.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

HI!  I am back!!!  Went to Texas for a week.  The International Quilt Festival was awesome.  Ran the Firefly 5k with my sister and niece.  Drove around and visited everyone.  Drove some more.  Drove almost 12 hours yesterday and I am relieved to be home.  I think I drove about 1700 miles in a week.  I am sick of driving.

5.1 miles this morning.  Two stacks of inbox on my desk at work + some emails and phone calls that I really need to deal with today.

The only thing left in the fridge is a carton of milk and a lemon!  Gotta grocery shop tonight.

Happy to be home!  Will try to catch up later.

Susan

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I'm reposting this from last night, in case folks missed it:

I'm sure some of you remember Kate, who used to post with us on RWOL. I just saw on FB that her dad passed away unexpectedly this morning. I thought you might want to keep her and her family in your thoughts.

I'm back from an easy 6 miles. I felt pretty good, considering how hard I ran yesterday. And the shins felt ok. Off now to take DS2 to the doctor for his annual checkup. BBL for personals.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Anonymous Guest

4.25 miles after work. First run since Sunday. Travel and work and just being tired got in the way. But I'm back! Signed up for a 10K this weekend just because the weather looks good for a race downtown.

camille, Chickamauga is number one on my list for Georgia. I'm thinking maybe next year. Enjoy it!

Ginny, I think it's cool that your house will be in the tour.

Crazysue, sounds like a good trip to Texas.

Cindy, you seem to be surviving your week alone with the boys okay. Thanks for posting the info about Kate's dad for those not on fb.

Marjorie, hope you're having a great vacation!

Judy, my weekend is booked too - being out of town last weekend really set me behind in things!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel