Womens Running

Wishing Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. I'm wishing for good weather this afternoon. Smile

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I forgot the day of the week yesterday. If I had a brain I'd be dangerous. Big grin

Tuesday I had a good run for 35 minutes, then 35 minutes of fast walking with coach.

Today I think I will rake leaves with a friend and maybe go for a run in the park. Not sure yet, depends on weather. I soak up all the Fall I can.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Too much work all the time, ugh.  We have a very irresponsible co worker who has not even come in since the shutdown because she cannot find daycare.  And I have been stuck with her judge too, so too much work.  And I say irresponsible because she knew she needed daycare before the shutdown and she waited to start looking after it.  Sigh.

Oh, I wrote an RR of MCM and an update on Chicago.  If interested, it's in the link for my blog (signature line).

9 miles with hubby tonight (his first 9).  I did 6 on my own yesterday; super fast especially for 2 days post marathon.

I am wishing for a huge pot of coffee.  I'm super sleepy.

judy, hoping for good weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

HI!  Woke up with a bad sinus headache.  Took some meds and went back to bed for a few minutes.  Then Jake kept trying to lick my face so I got up.  Sheesh!  I should know better than trying to sleep in!

Ugh Damaris.  Co-worker didn't realize she would need daycare??  Right.  Sorry you have to pick up the slack.

Have a fun Wednesday!

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

Today was my first attempt at a bit of speedwork since my shins started acting up. I warmed up for 3 miles, then did 8 x 2/10 surges with 2/10 recovery, then cooled down for 2 miles, for a total of 8. It went pretty well, although I did feel like I might puke the last 2 repeats.

Judy - I love fall!

Damaris - sorry about the irresponsible coworker. Sometimes it sucks to be the dependable one.

Crazysue - hope you are able to kick the headache. I've had a naggy one for a couple of days.

Oooh, I haven't had a chance to mention that I got a new Garmin! My 405 was starting to act a bit wonky. I went with the 110 - it gives me the key pieces of information that I need. Plus, it's smaller than the 405, and pretty! If anyone is in the market, I suggest checking out Heart Rate Monitors USA - they had good prices, better than Amazon, and the customer service was great.

Have a great day everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi everyone.

Had girly doctor visit this am.  Actually I'm really happy.  My labs were perfect according to him and not only that my HDL was 62.  Genetically it is very hard for me to get a high HDL.  Twin and I both inherited it from dad.  Our ratios have always been off.  When he told me it was 62 I about fell over.  Never had it in the ideal ranges before.  So all my running is well justified and eating like I do etc.  I'm still very happy and the appointment was at 8:30 this am.  He had done a full lab work up since my family history is all wacky.

I like going to the doctors when they just don't know what to say because you don't need anything just the annual exam and you are really healthy.  Kinda throws them for a loop when they have to switch modes of well, um, I don't have to say anything to you.....

Hi D.

Today was a rest day.  I'm in taper mode now.

Karen I'm sure adjusting to the travel and work schedule will take awhile.  Thanks for the birthday wishes.

Cindy saw your new Garmin on FB.  I love my 110/210.  I don't need all the extra stuff and it gives me just what I need.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Damaris, how could she not know she needed daycare? Did she not notice a short person living in the house?

Judy, I didn't notice the day of the week missing, if that's any help.

Marjorie, congratulations on the good values. Especially the HDL. (I am blessed with high HDL and low LDL levels and it made me laugh when my sister claimed that her high LDL was all due to genes -- um yeah, if it was then I think I'd have the same issue.)

Karen, how's the new job?

Silly Susan. Sleeping in? With Weims waiting for their breakfast?

Cindy, nice run!

4 this morning, then 6.86 on the TM at lunch. And I got my hair sheared off yesterday. Back to the short crop and I am happy. It had not been cut since before H-M -- at least not by the hairdresser, though I admit to cutting the bangs twice and the back once. I feel so much lighter! Mind you, the Halloween candy is definitely causing me to be less light. I'll be glad when it's gone!

Hi all!

Been busy with work and life... 2.5 - 3 hours at PT 3x's a week doesn't help either. Although it is helping my knee.  My PT has been watching me walk and stand.  She told me that I seem to be hyperextending my knees. Apparently they are too flexible.  Sort of weird to walk around mindfully not letting you leg "pop" back. I think of all the times I stand around and sort of pop my knee back too.  Must admit its a bit like telling you that you've been breathing incorrectly and need to only use your mouth.  Will do my best to not be lazy when I walk and let the knee go back. Read up on this and apparently it is a real thing and can lead to or at least aggravate all of the issues that I've been having.  Go figure.

Was able to get 3 miles in tonight on TM at 75% for all but the first 5 minutes.  10 minute pace too (won't go to my head until I can do it at 100% body weight).  Actually felt abut the best yet.

Signed up for a Chocolate 5k in November. Making sure that the chocolate is still flowing from the fountain will be my motivator.  Hoping Ginny and Susan can join me!

Lisa