Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 184 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

It's supposed to be 3° right now but my thermometer says around 17°. Hope my number is the correct one.Shocked

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Wednesday turned out to be an hour on the track. Some of the time I got to spend with a friend from years ago. Her working hours changed so she can get to the gym earlier now.

Track run today but shorter than yesterday.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Cindy tickers dont't work on this forum  A few people requested it on the main forums under admin then suggestions forum thing.  You can request as well.  More that request more likely he will add.

Morning Judy!

dog behind us started barking at 3 am.  Guess I will call animal control today.

Marjorie

LC Runs

Good Morning, Ladies!

4.2 on the ole TM for me this morning, had to pry my eyes open, but am glad I forced myself up and out of bed

Judy - it's a cold one here, too, though slightly balmier 21 degrees

Marjorie - good morning, sorry about the barking dog!

Disney freak

Good Morning!

Jazzercise on schedule this morning.  I'm still on Christmas break, so I try to get in as much as possible.  It's much easier to workout when you're not tired from working all day.

I see a nap in my future.  I tossed and turned all night worried about my husband.  We got his test results last night and his cholesterol is really high - so high they want to start him on medicine.  He hasn't been exercising much at all lately (several months) so maybe this will be a kick in the butt.

Marjorie - do you have an HOA you could call about the dog?

Lisa Marie

• first 5K on 12/8/12 - 39:14
            • first 10K on 1/12/13 - 1:23:45
            • upcoming races: Hypnotic Donut Dash - 1/26, Hot Chocolate 5K 2/9, Rock n Roll half relay 3/24
            • training for Big D half on 4/14
            Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good morning!

Just finished my first run of the new year. 5.75 miles and I haven't felt this good for months. I really did need an extended break.

I saw Susan's post on FB about the memory run for Karnel. I am so in. I had to read the blog to understand what we're doing, but I love the idea. I hope to do it exactly on Karnel's birthday.

Good morning to everyone, I hope you all have great runs and workouts today.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Good Morning!  Cold and rainy today.  Well, it's in the 40s, which is cold for us.   Did 3 miles on the treadmill.  I really wanted to stay in bed, so three miles at the gym was a compromise.  At least I got over there.   I checked the gym point standings.  I'm third today.  It was fun while it lasted!

Yay Ginny!  Glad you have the new stove.

Started two knitting projects last night:  Turkish bed slippers and another pair of socks.  The slippers are a new pattern, so I have to pay attention.  I can knit the socks without too much concentration.

Amy--enjoyed your trip pictures.  Looks like you had a fabulous time!

Have a great day!!

ginnyb

Made it to the gym this morning and did 3 miles, wasn't quite as bad as Sunday.  As judy stated, it is very cold here this morning, supposed to get a little more snow too.

Marjorie...yes, I guess you will have to call animal control.  You can't be awakened at that time of the morning by a barking dog, so annoying, sorry.

LC...like you, I was glad that I did the TM, not many miles for me, but the effort was there.

Lisa-marie....that is why I have to run first thing in the morning.  If I don't I am too tired and unmotivated after working all day.

Amy...glad you had such a good run!  Everyone needs a break now and then, unfortunately, I take too many in the winter.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

runlikeagirl18

Good morning ladies-

I did my first run of the new year - 5 easy miles with some friends. The shin was better but still slightly sore - I'm planning on being really diligent with stretching, rolling, and toe raises. I'll head out in a bit to core class at the Y.

Judy - nice that you got to hook up with an old friend! I ran with one of my high school cross country teammates while I was in NY - we try to run together whenever I'm there. It's fun to catch up.

Marjorie - sorry about the barking dog. Thanks for the ticker information. I'm such a geek - I love a brand-new ticker at the first of the year, with my little ticker girl on zero and all that possibility ahead!

Laura - nice job on the TM run.

Lisa-Marie - enjoy Jazzercise.

Amy - welcome back! I loved your trip pics on FB. Where are your thoughts on Hatfield McCoy? I haven't registered yet but I'm pretty sure I'm in, and I'd love to have a driving buddy. Plus, I have already reserved a hotel room that I would be happy to share.

Crazysue - cold is one thing and rainy is one thing, but cold and rainy together sucks. Sounds like a good TM day.

Tessa - wow on your 2012 mileage! I wish I could put up numbers like that, but I've had to resign myself to the fact that I'm just not a high-mileage runner. I wind up hurt every time.

Karen - congrats on both the sub-22 time and the AG win!

I'm watching out my window as the squirrels try to figure out how to get into my new Squirrel-B-Gone bird feeder. It's really quite amusing. Have a great day-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

G'morning all!

Still nursing an ouchy tailbone - and feeling like a slug.

It went down to -2 this morning.   I wanted to call in and ask my boss if I could miss work due to an allergy to winter... then I remembered... I am the boss.   So, I'm at work  (I have a really demanding boss!)  Roll eyes

RB#1 left this morning to go back to Florida *sniff*   I will miss her terribly.

Ginny - YAY for the new stove.  And, like you, I'm trying to figure out how to be meaningfully active in the winter.... when all I really want to do is crawl into a toasty warm cocoon and wait until spring.

Vicki - Sorry about the cold.  Glad you're taking care of yourself.

CIndy - didn't see a ticker, but that would be a cool thing!

Judy - Good for you - an hour.  I don't think I could do hour WITHOUT a buddy... I would be bored to tears.  So, I'm glad you had company.

Marjorie - An incessantly barking dog is a nightmare.  Sorry that you're dealing with it.  Call Cesar!  lol

LC - nice 4.2!

Lisa - excited for your first 10K.  I hope to run mine sometime in mid to late summer.  Have to find the right one.

Amy - YAY on the 5.75

Okay... time to shift hips and get back to work!

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Out of curiosity I checked the RW Women's forum.  Still full of spam.  This is so much better.  Approve

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did a 4 mile tempo run.  Wasn't going to run today but since I was awake so early figured might as well.

And in other not so great news my dad thinks he wants to marry this lady he JUST MET.  Um it is a weird situation and a lot of weirdness to it.  I'm very concerned.  I just called my brother to talk to him but he didn't answer.  He is not aware of this and we need to discuss.  I was very freaked out yesterday when Dad told. me. He tells me everything but the last few days he has been evasive on some things and not really telling me some things.  I'm rightfully concerned.

Laura yep I'll be calling livability court to have them come out and talk to these people.  It is pretty bad.

LisaMarie I'm on the HOA board.  It isn't an HOA issue.  It is a city issue that the livability statutes take care of.

Amy your pics on FB from your trip are awesome

Sue it is raining here too.  You should have seen RWOL a few days ago.  Spam all over the place.  They are deleting faster but it is still a mess.

Cindy really if you go and post in that thread it won't hurt.  I can link if you want.  He didn't say no.  The more people that want the tickers the more likely he will be to let the sig area support them.

Julie haha on your demanding boss.  Hope the tailbone gets better.

Ginny it wouldn't be so bad but when it goes on for 3 hours that is too much.  The dog barks for 3 to 4 minutes straight.  Stops for 3 to 5 min and does it again.  I timed it this am as I was laying there wanting to go back to sleep but finally just getting up to go do a short run.

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Wow, I have been unusually busy at work today! I like it, and wish it would happen more often.

Yesterday I did something that I have very rarely done lately. I took a complete rest day. Not just a day off from running so I walked or rode instead, but a total day off. I know I should do that more often, and I'm glad I did it. But it will probably be awhile before I do it again, because that's just the way I am.

22 here this morning. Should get up to 37 or so, and I need to decide whether to run outside after work or on the TM. I should run outside, but.....cold. And dark.

Marjorie, that is a really weird situation with your dad. Hope your twin can step up - he lives closer to dad, doesn't he?

Amy, from your pics it looks like you had an amazing trip. Glad to have you back.

Crap, gotta get back to work. Will come back for more personals after I get these two urgent things done and get some lunch.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

runlikeagirl18

Back from core class. I can tell I haven't been in several weeks. Ouch!

Ginny - yay for the new oven! Good for you for getting a TM run in.

Julie - the Covered Bridge Run in Delhi was the first weekend in June last year, so I would imagine the timing will be similar this year. There is both a 5K and a 10K. Just sayin'.

Marjorie - sorry about the drama with your dad. I would be concerned too.

Crazysue - I'm especially excited about the training log here. I just started to use it today.

Off to shower and do some work.

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

annieSusan

Decent 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday, heading to yoga this afternoon. I am having an attack of wanting to clean out, sort, and throw away stuff around the house.  Because of that, I have a NRR question. I would like to have a few VCR tapes converted to DVD; some memorabilia type tapes, like plays that my sons performed in, etc. I don't want to do this myself, I just want to take or send them somewhere. I see that there are some mail in type services--has anyone here used one of them?

annieSusan