Womens Running

Taper Madness Tuesday - Supermoms (Read 30 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I didn't tell this story when it happened, but I put DH in charge of getting R some chicken nuggets for dinner a few weeks ago and told him to give him some BBQ sauce for dipping. I walk into the kitchen and R has 3 chicken nuggets and LITERALLY a bowl with a half cup of BBQ sauce in it. To DH, that is a serving of a condiment. I meant to give R a teaspoon of BBQ and DH gave him a half cup, which he was gobbling down by slurping off of his hand and ignoring the nuggets altogether.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

CA - Enjoy the last day.  I am totally jealous of the warmth there!  Hope you get some seafood - YUM!

RG - My kids have all had the opposite problem.  They were all porkers - I needed to buy larger waisted pants and have them hemmed.  In fact, I just bought DD1 a size 10 skirt - she is 7!  I don't ST with anyone - would be nice though - I could use the motivation.

mjen - I wouldn't worry about the beef roast,  but I don't get too excited about expiry dates and such.  I think DS's behavious after daycare is pretty typical.  My DD is like that still when she gets home from first grade.  Tired, hungry, change of scenery - who knows!

Ernie - Target opened here today too.  I heard from some coworkers in Milton that it is like Zellers, only a little less product on the shelves.  I have never been to Target, but I heard that the product here and the product in the US is completely different.  Sounds like a great workout today!

cx2 - Did the wind die down for the run?  Yay on the walking - smart girl, just wanting to show off for her dad!

mzm - glad you are still alive!  FEEL BETTER!

arm - loved your FB pics!  Looks like you had a great vacation!  Hope tennis went well.

zorbs - I am working Burlington April 10 - most of my shifts are Oakville or Milton

bermy - hope the installation goes smoothly.  DS is a bit of a daredevil, huh?!  I just read your personals now, and you are right, the support and encouragement here is so good!

beckykay

Shelbyjo: sounds like a food issue rather than sickness if it is just once per day.

Dexy:  Hi there!!!!  Our pup loved to chew on my undies as well, grrrrr.

Spike:  I like the first title 9 skirt, so cute!  I've heard good things about the eat my dust skirt from North Face too.  C is a uhhhhhh person.  I have to be patient with him because I just want him to spit it out!

Zorbs:  No, bunk beds now.  He's been in a big bed for awhile, just no bed frame.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Becky- that skirt is my favorite, I think. I have a whole cart full of matching items saved at RoadRunnerSports. I think it might be a purple & green spring Smile

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

running eh

shelby - hope your run goes well - sounds tough!  I wouldn't  worry about the diarrhea - what did you decide?

dexy - grr on the underwear!  How is it going with the puppy otherwise?

becky - I LAUGHED about DH and the vehicle!   I did my groceries at the discount place.  The fruits and veggies looked good, but the meat was awful.  Laziness is usually why I only go to the more expensive store.  There are things the discount store doesn't have, so I have to go there as well.  Anyway, where I was going with this, it was WAY cheaper!

spike - keep your child in the crib as long as possible!!!  UMMMMM, dinner sounds good!  Smile  Hope you find your package.

RunningEh: Other than the undie-eating problem everything with the puppy is going really well.  We've gotten into a nice routine and the kids are much more comfortable around her now that she doesn't nip at them. It is truly like having another kid in the house, but we are enjoying having her.  I can't wait to see how big she gets - she's 5 months old and 30 lbs now.  She is very high energy so I spend a lot of time trying to wear her out which in turn, wears me out! I can't wait to run with her but from everything I've read I need to wait until next year to start that process.

Bermy: You asked about what I'm training for and the answer is I don't know.  I would like to run a half soon but need to get back in shape so right now I am just working on running consistently.  As I was running on the TM last night look at my FM medal I thiught 'it should would be nice to have some more running medals'  so hopefully I can make that happen soon.

Spike: We crate her during the day and that works out great.  Clearly I need to keep a better eye on her when she's out, but it only takes one gulp to lose a pair of VS undies in a heartbeat!

runnergirl9508

OMG....RA just ate my post, wahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here i go again....

spike- where do they sell sprockets brand pants? i hope you can get out to run tonight, i HATE the wind more than any other weather element. it's awful. good luck with the package, weird that it got delivered and signed for at the wrong address. haha on the gibberish ummm. at least he's not saying "like" with everything, all valley-girl style.

Becky- glad that C likes his new bed so well! and yay for DH for being smart with the car purchase! welcome back from vacation- how ya feeling? lol on the idiot, hope the bosses can find a good replacement for her!

Dexy- ah, a view on the TM, lol on your DH smoking! argh on the dog eating the undies!!! fingers crossed for you guys on the taxes. we got a small amount back this year, i was just happy to not owe.

shelby- hope the speedwork goes well with the stroller today! i hope that you and H both are feeling better soon. honestly, i'd probably stay home with him, just in case this is the start of a really nasty stomach bug (hopefully not).

ernie- how'd the intervals go today? lol on the cheese covered spoon. R whines sometimes while i'm trying to make dinner too, and it's tough on me b/c i can't pick him up  and chop veggies at the same time! yay for Target!!!!!

Cx2- nice job on the miles this week, do you have another race on the schedule? wow, great job with the walking, C!!! when I weaned R i think it took my right boob about a week and a half to realize it was no longer needed for milk production. it was all weird an lumpy. i hand expressed a little milk in the shower a couple of times just to ease the discomfort.

mrszm- ugh, a 5DAY stomach virus?! ewww. i hope you guys are all on the mend and feeling better soon!!! i dont' know if it would be better for everyone to get it all at once and get it over with or to have to only deal w/ one sick kid at a time. hugs to all of you!

arm- welcome back!!! have fun at tennis today! coudl your shin splints be from old running shoes? i always know it's getting time to replace my shoes based on how my legs feels. aw, glad L had such fun at the beack, R loved it last summer too!

Bermy- sounds lik eyou're settling in well in TN! Have fun at Target and enjoy your awesome run later- I'm sure you'll have a great time. I lol'ed at your post about getting rid of your nun-like running clothes. hardly anyone here runs in just a sports bra in the summer, even on days it gets well about 90*, i always get weird looks. oh well, i'd rather be comfortable and not passed out on the side of the road!

Think i got everyone,

R is STILL AWAKE over 2HRS after I put him down for his nap...oy vey, this  might be a really long afternoon....

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Runnergirl- most of R's wardrobe is Sprockets that MIL has bought for him http://www.sprocketkids.com/

I ended up ordering the North Face skirt and the purple Moving Comfort one (got it from RRS instead of Title Nine) plus a pair of North Face capris and 3 new tanks, and only spent a little over $200.00. I have a bunch of summer running stuff that doesn't fit right that I might post to the Supermom FB group.

beckykay

Spike:  I have never been a purple lover until recently.  I love colorful running stuff rather than the boring black.  LOL on the bbq incident.  Sounds like something C would do if I gave it to him.  I also need to go through my closet and ditch the stuff I don't wear anymore.

RG:  Yikes, crazy kids.  I would so take a nap right now if I could.  Feeling ok, left knee still doesn't want to bend and IT band is super tight but otherwise I am fine.

Eh!  I guess that is the good thing about buying a 1/4 of a cow, I don't have to worry about meat shopping for awhile....now I just have to wait for our cow to be ready Smile

Bermy:  Holy cow woman, I just read yesterday.  Way to go on keep up with 50 mpw!  I had to LOL on dressing like a nun.

Erniegirl

Becky - I am also feeling fat today and planning a core workout later. Having sore abs always makes me feel skinnier! Hadn't the idiot calmed down a bit after disclosing all her family problems? I guess she is back to being an full-on idiot?

Spike -  Yeah, I think I'd skip the stroller run with wind gusts like that, too! Ooh, I really hope the clothes are as good at the Target here. Or maybe I should hope they aren't as good so I don't go broke! I have a gas range in my kitchen and LOVE it. I would never go back to electric.

Zorbs - I also have an assortment of lulu clothes, circa 2004 or 2005 that aren't' as stylish as the newer stuff but are still in great condition.

Eh - Ew, I really hope Canadian Target is better than Zellers. I always thought Zellers was awful - they didn't have very good stuff and the prices weren't even that good!

Rg - Intervals went well. They felt easy compared to my 1000s last week! Yup, I am in the same boat as you trying to cook dinner every night and wrangle the LO while DH is at work. I can usually distract her with food, but some nights it's whine city.  I hope R takes his nap today!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

BermyHorse

RR: just got back from 20m run. I hadn't planned on that, I was just going to run long and see how it went. Well, it was awesome so I decided to keep running. I rocked 9.09min/miles for the first few hours and then hit a hilly spot, but still, I was super pleased. Had a stitch which I ran through but my, it was hurting. It lasted about a mile and then went. I got one in my 5k and 10k races too. Any tips? And I craved solid whole food after about 18m. Found a banana which got scoffed. All in all, a fab LR and glad it is done. Oh and did I mention I did all of that with DS napping in the stroller?!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- you are a rockstar!!! Go, mama. 20 miles on a Tuesday, with a stroller!  I occasionally get side stitches but just run through them.

running eh

Bermy - you are a machine - that is a fantastic pace, and with a stroller!  I am curious about the side stitch too...

armmama

Ugh I am so tired, I want a nap!  I think I am coming down with whatever L had last week.

spike - the only skirt I have in your list is the lulu one, but I love it!  I really only remember running in it once without capris or tights underneath though - it was a 5 mile run last week and the shorts stayed put with no hint of chafing.  I actually use it for tennis more than running, I love the ruffles in the back.  I felt like I had to get a bunch of new tennis & running stuff last summer, none of my old stuff fit right after I had L.

rg - old shoes could definitely be the problem, I had been rotating in some of my really old ones because it was rainy and muddy a lot and I didn't want to get my newer shoes dirty.  The last couple weeks I've only been wearing my 2 newer pair and I haven't had those little pains since!  Sorry about losing your post, that is so frustrating!

bermy - wtg on the great run!!  And I also think you are a rockstar for maintaining such high mileage while moving, I don't think I could do it.  I have gotten side stitches twice in the last week, and they are usually pretty rare for me now.  The one I had today I was thinking it was from how I was breathing, I was lost in my thoughts and realized I was kind of holding my breath or breathing shallow.  I don't know if that was it but once I took some deep breaths it went away.  I had a longer-lasting one last week and assumed it was from dehydration and eating crap on vacation but I don't really know.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Re stitches: breathe in for 3 counts and out for 4, or I've heard something about in and out on the same foot fall. The point is to use your breathing to relax your diaphragm.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/