Womens Running

Twinkle, Twinkle Thursday - Supermoms (Read 418 times)

running eh

RR - I did it.  4k done!  Up at 4am just cooling down before I hop in the shower and then head in to work.  Lots of stars out this morning. 

NRR - went to bed at 9 last night, it was so great!

KR - Singing Christmas carols with DDs school a community carol sing this evening, if I get off work on time.

FR - bean burritos - I cooked the bean overnight in my slowcooker, it smells yummy in here right now.

I don't know if I will be back again today, but I will lurk if I can.  Have a great day ladies!

BermyHorse

RR: coaching session today. yesterday I went trail running with DS in bob. On way back we stopped and he got out and walked the trail with me for ages. He met a very loving beagle (rg, I thought of you) and then picked up rocks and put them underneath the stroller in the pouch, running back and forth. I forgot to take them out for the run home. Added weight=get stronger?

NRR: playgroup and playground. Some chores ahead of weekend.

BR: is adorable. walks around with a book in his hand at all times. He loves a Star Wars ABC one but can't get past E for Ewok as he thinks he is too cute and points and coos at the ewok furry bear.

FR: those fish tacos from yesterday. We ended up having pasta leftovers from Tues. I have red kidney beans soaking overnight for a crock pot chili. Hoping to start that today.

--

eh! AWESOME job on the run. And awesome job on getting up for that run! YEAH!

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 8K with Sam.  I am wearing my new stripey race legs!

TR - had a random and very intense tantrum right before bed..I think he wanted his plastic cups to drink bathwater from, I finally got them for him, but he continued the tantrum just because.

FR - crockpot french onion soup

NRR - finishing up Christmas shopping this morning.

~~~~~~

from yesterday:

mer - no, I stopped feeling guilty a long time ago.

jmm - usually I get a bit of tip wear on my nails on day 2 or 3, but I redo my nails 2-3 times a week, so when I get tip wear, it's polish change time.

~~~~~~

alison - great job getting up early to run!

bermy - when B gathers rocks for me, I have to find a way to get rid of them without him noticing, otherwise he gets mad.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Wow, busy here already! ---RR: recovery run today with the stroller, probably around 5. Ended up running 6.3 yesterday, progression run. ---TR: I can feel a molar almost breaking thru, poor kid has been drooling up a storm, but he's happy at least. ---NRR: traveling this weekend. DH and FIL do an annual shopping trip. I'll spend the day with my mom as MIL is usually working.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

R-eh: way to go on getting up early for your run! I hope work goes well for you. Great job on the crockpot meal, I should get mine out. ------ Bermy: sounds like a fun run with DS! My R is also obsessed with books right now. He'll bring them to me to read all day. I love it ----- Zorbs: have a great 8k! Good luck with the rest of your shopping. -----shelbyjo: my marathon pace is 7:18-7:20. My PR is. 3:13. I'm hoping to break 3:10 in 2013!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Marathonjen

eh! - Yay for a run!  I am super impressed that you got up so early to run.  Good for you.  Sounds like your day is off to a great start...enjoy.  I hope you make it for the Christmas Carols!

Bermy - Have a great session today.  Sounds like you and DS had fun on your trail run.  Thank you again for the recipes!!  I need to get some chores done tonight so I don't have them all looming over me this weekend.  I hate spending my weekends cleaning.

Zorbs - I thought the race legs looked great in your pic this morning.  Have fun Christmas shopping.  What is B getting this year?

rg - Have a great stroller run.  I hope those molars break through soon...not fun.  At least they aren't bugging him to much.  Do your parents and inlaws live close to one another?  Have fun with your mom.  Moms are more fun to hang with then MILs...at least in my caseWink

RR - 5 today after work

TR - Was in a dead sleep when we finally had to wake him this morning.  Really stuffed up too...So hope he is not getting sick.  He got bit at daycare AGAIN yesterday.  The daycare director called me to tell me and I asked if it was the same kid that bit him last week and she didn't know about the incident last week and was pretty angry about it.  At least it didn't break the skin and I didn't see any marks.

NRR - I really hope my SS got my gift?  It was supposed to get there Monday and I haven't heard anything.  Hmmm.  Anywho...DH got home later last night.  He will be home for the next 4 days straight...!  Then he is gone for 4 more day.  Hoping to start packing this weekend for our trip as I will have to pack for J and I.

FR - Did a tad better last night but still not great.  MUST FOCUS!

CMGRuns

It kind of creeps me out for some reason to see how many people are viewing our posts. ~~ER: fell asleep last night about 8:30. Planning on waddling again tonight. ~~TR: was cracking me up on our car ride to school yesterday. I was asking her questions about baby brother. She now thinks we should name him Rudolph (strong German name). She think he will be born on Christmas Day (boo kid). She think she has her baby brother in her belly, but my baby brother is in my belly. And she kept saying "baby brother is getting so big". Haha! ~~FR: left overs. We have 2 days worths, so I am making hubs eat them too. He hates leftovers. ~~NRR: one of our Pulmonologists is retiring at the end of the month, so we are having a reception for him at lunch. The patients and staff are bringing soups and salads, so it will be a yummy lunch today. My boss has to recertify our program by the end of February. I asked if she needed some help. That will give me some paperwork time (=sitting time). I am starting to like sitting time Smile
                CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 4 before the sun was up.... C woke at 4:30 to nurse and I couldn't get back to sleep so I went for a run... it was my first run in complete darkness since September.. saw a couple of familiar faces out running early too...

BR - DH and I visited a potential daycare for C for when she's 18 months... they don't take them any younger.  It's highly reputed in my area and there's a waiting list... it's located at C's future grade school and it's full french.  We're still not sure if we'll send her there at 18 months, b/c I still like the idea of an in-home daycare center (less kids, more one one one) until she's 3.  Visiting the daycare made it seem more real that I'll be going back to work in 3 months... 

NRR - maybe meeting a friend at the mall today to do some mall walking...

jen - sorry J got bit again...  do other kids get bit or just J??

rg - how long are your recovery runs?

bermy - i've never had a fish taco before... I'm told they taste pretty good..

eh - way to go on getting up and out early!  I used to be an early morning runner but these days it's hard to get up for a run..

zorbs - have a great 8km!

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Kind of burnt out right now so I am glad I will have the day to rest and the night home with my boys.  

TR:  Yeah.  First cry came at 4:20 and didn't really stop until DH got him up at 6.  DH and I were talking (at 4:20am) about how we will never have the joys of hearing our child call for mama or dada.  Kind of sad.  

NRR:  Lots going on at work, you can tell it is almost the holidays!  Our HS principal asked me to do some staff training on technology at the end of the semester.  (Read, they want me to do it not the tech guy I was complaining about yesterday.)  Also, the boy I am mentoring is serving an inschool suspension today.  Just a lot going on.  I am SO ready for the holidays.

FR:  Subway last night.  $2 meatball marinara was really good.  But not as good as DH's.  

eh! - Yay for getting that run in!  Good for you.

zorbs - That soup sounds good.

runnergirl - Glad R is happy despite the molars.  J is actually doing better with the drooling and isn't soaking 3 or 4 bibs a day.  He might actually be out of them before he starts school!

jen - Frustrating about the biting.  I think my mama bear would come out and I would want to get at the kid who is doing that!  Have a great run after work. 

cmg - The things kids say!  Glad you are feeling well and yay for some sitting tasks!  

cx2 - I hope you get out a little today for the mall walking.  I, too, like the idea of inhome daycare.  That is if we could find one that would take J! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Marathonjen

cmg - Too cute about C and her baby brother.  So funny how imaginative kids are!  Then they get old and lose all of that.  I hope you get your "waddle" in tonight.  I give you credit for sticking with it!  

CTimes - 3 more months of mat leave?  I didn't even get 3 months total.  You are lucky to get a whole year with C.  I hope you guys can find a daycare that you are happy with as she will spend so much time there.  I am grateful to our daycare...even if J gets bit.  He and another kid got bit last week and then this week it was just J.  Apparently J had a toy the kid wanted and wouldn't let go of it...I guess that is what an only child does.

Mer - I would love to get after the kid who did it but of course daycare won't say who it is...I don't blame them.  They just say that J was bit by a friend.  LOL...not a very good friend.  Boo to J's early wake up.  Does he always wake up crying?  I don't remember that when you were at our house?  

strollermama

Good morning!  I have been terrible about getting back in RA after I post lately so I keep missing everyone's posts.  I am going to try to check at the end of the day today.

RR:  SRD (does this stand for day off?).  Think I am going to take a day off to get over this cold.  I will go out later and run at least 1 mile because of the dog but that will probably be it.  Between the move and this cough, my mileage isn't doing too well for the week...

BR:  Went to bed at 6:45p and slept till 7:30!!  As I shared on FB, H had the puking incident but thankfully, has not puked again.  I am still going slowly with the food just in case.  He has the hiccups right now and is happily playing in a pile of boxes Smile

Another cute story...this morning on the news (I try to not watch tv with DS but I let myself watch a little morning news) they showed a little otter waving hi.  DS shouts what sounded like look and points at the otter and then starts laughing.  He loves animals!

NRR:  Felt very domestic yesterday as I cooked DH a bunch of freezer meals.  He will be living here for a few weeks after I leave, until he moves in with friends.  Unfortunately our leases overlapped so in December and January we will be paying 3 rents - NC, Denver, and our house in Colorado Springs (we get most of it covered by renters).  We aren't leaving DH with much of anything since I need it all in Denver and he will be moving into a furnished house soon.  Yesterday I was feeling bad for him that he won't have any of the comforts of his home, so I made him a chicken pot pie and a tuna noodle casserole. 

eh - Wow, I am impressed with the 4am wakeup.  I am not sure I will ever be able to do that.  Did you wear your shirt?

bermy - Funny about the rocks.  And yes, that will definitely make you stronger.  When I used to go to my stroller clas in GA, we used weights and I noticed the difference when I ran to and from class.  I can't imagine what using a doublr stroller will feel like...

zorbs - Saw the pic on FB, love the new race legs.

RG - Enjoy the time with your mom.  I am impressed Dh goes on a shopping trip.  Is it to get xmas presents?

jen - Where are you going on your trip?

CMG - You look wonderful in your pic.  I can't imagine you would waddle at all.  And I totally agree with the number of reads...makes me consider just posting on FB.

cx2  - Great job on getting up early to run.  I am impressed!

mer - I hope this isn't insensitive of me to ask, but why will you never hear mama or dada?  Since I am newer, I may have missed that.  If you don;t feel comfortable explaining, that is completely ok!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

strollermama

A few more from yesterday/day before:

spike - Yep, I have continued the streak, the running one not the plank.  I am about 50% for the planl challenge, ha.  Something abpout doing plank and having your nose drip is just not appealing.  Also, I remember you saying you were a 32D and bought your bras from somewhere online?  Where was that again?

Navymom/lane - Welcome!  I am 26 and have a 13 month old DS.  I am currently on break from Physician assistant school but will be returning next month.  DH is in the army so he will stay in North Carolina while DS and I move to Colorado.  I love marathons and will run my 5th one in May.

simon - What marathon are you training for?

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

mrszackmorris

rr: 5k this morning with rp. feels good to be done. plank 1:45 yesterday and lots of stretching for my hips.

nrr: having my family over sunday after the girls' christmas program. mil invited herself over. I am all but thrilled.

tr: took them shopping last night bc dd1 wanted to get her gift exchange present for school. $5 is hard! new snow pants for both girls too.

br: hung out with daddy last night. whined the instnt i git in the door, ugh.

fr: either jen's chicken crockpot or bbq chicjen sandwiches. oven will cost $400 to fix so we are going to get a new one. until then...

------------------

eh: great job getting out there!

zorbs: yum to french onion soup. Ugh to the tantrum.

rg: your dh and fil do a shopping trip?!

jen: ugh to the biting. You gotta wonder if kids this age know what they are doing. yay to your dh being home. will he be home just long enough to screw up your routine Wink when do you leave?

cmg: i thought the same thing about knowing how many times this has been viewed!!!

cx2: rp and i saw several familiar faces running this morning. At my old house there was never ever anyone else out even in the summer.

mer: with your new manual and the fact that the tech guy is not a teacher, will they be able to fire him if he sucks so much? i always think about how  if schools were the way they are now 4 years ago i would likely still be teaching. weird.

mrszackmorris

Navymom/lane: welcome! I am a 30 year old stay at home mom of 3. a 5 year old girl, 3 year old girl, 1 year old boy.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - B has his favourite books, he doesn't bring them to me, but rather throws them at me (trying to break that habit).  What really sucks is when he throws the 2" thick hardcover children's Bible at me.

jen - I want to buy B one of those rugs with streets, etc printed on it and maybe a couple more Thomas trains..haven't bought a thing yet though.

carly - yeah even at 5 am 2 seconds after I've posted the view count will go up by a few and I wonder...? but I swear 100 of those views are from me refreshing the page.

cx2 - B has been at the same daycare since he was 4 weeks old.  I'm kind of glad I didn't get the year off, I would have gone crazy.  One of my clients had a baby around the same time as CA, and she was entitled to a full mat leave, but was forced to return to work after 2 months.  Anyways, not a fan of mat leave.

mer - I see ads for in home daycare pretty much in every edition of the local paper, on lampposts..I would be amazed if you couldn't find one.  As you know there's 2 just on my street!

shelby - when DH is away I always worry about him eating properly too.

mrszm - what on earth is wrong with the oven? We have spent close to $1000 fixing the damn fridge..should have just gotten a new one.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/