Womens Running

Frozen (Over 40) (Read 217 times)

Docket_Rocket

Hi, girls.  I'm a RWOL BF refugee that came to RA as many of you did.  Marjorie is a friend of mine and she recommended this group.  I'm not yet 40 but getting there sooner than I expected.

Hope I get to know you as well as Marjorie has Big grin.

A little bit of info:  I live in Miami with my husband and 5 kitties.  I love running but I am not fast by any means.  I have asthma and battle it more than I care to admit.  I love doing marathons and I have at least 8 already scheduled for the first half of 2013.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Tar Heel Mom

kween

If AmyDel is considering H-M it would be silly for us not to go together.

And if I go, I would like dibs on Cindy's hotel room!!

I think I will register for the Tar Heel 10 by Monday. It will be fun to see camille and Cindy!

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Linda

Hi ladies.  It is late here in CA.  It is a rest day for me.

Do you have to already have a pic posted on the internet to share it here?  Can you upload a pic from your computer?

My husband and I are going to see Life of Pi, tonight.  I read the book and absolute loved it.  We have been to about 5 adult movies in the past 10 years.   We are going to go out for coffee first.  I don't think that in the 20+ years we've been together that we have ever been to a coffee shop together.  I'll let you know if we are still speaking, tomorrow Smile  I'm kidding.  There will be no arguing tonight.  I'm not in the mood.  I want to see this movie!

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

ajdx5

Wow - I just read Tessa's 10 yr post - Sister, you are one of the long time forumites I really must meet! Smile

I got in 7 miles in 1:13 - thrilled to bits, even tho I wish it was faster.  This starting over business is not easy.

Marjorie - I would want to raise red flags too - sheesh.  I know how hard it is to be lonely & I'm sure he's giddy and going overboard b/c he's found someone he really likes.  I only hope that she's not taking advantage of him.  Hope you & your Brother get it all hammered out.

...ah, just saw your other post - god job on the 11 -- I got a bloody nose the other day too - the air is sooo dry.  I reeeeaally hope your Dad proceeds with caution.

Amy - I have to make up my mind about Hatfield ... I should be smart & sign up for the full & train for it, but drop back to the 1/2 if I need to - - where is everyone staying?