Womens Running

Turning up Tuesday (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

First it was Monday, now it's Tuesday...must be another week.

Or could be turning up the thermostat since it is chilly out again. hello fall.

Off to gym. squeek squeek...feeling like I'm turning into a rat.

Lisa

Smile

Enjoying the my marathon assignment so far.   I shall be the lead SLO (starting line official) for wave L. Seems about right as I usually lead the group anyway. And there's the "L"isa group thing.

There is no M wave. There are multiple pages of instructions though. I get to hold a rope basically and since I'm lead...I get a radio! Cool!

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hi, MyMomRuns, good to see ya early!  Big grin

Monday I did 35 minutes running on the track. Coach joined me for the last 10 minutes. He is faster than I am so the rodent legs got scurrying at a faster pace. When I got home I did 40 minutes of my cardio DVD.

Today should be a similar workout. I have also added yoga cat, cow and pelvic lifts to the end of my workout. They were suggested to me by my docs for balancing the front (abs) and back. This is all due to my concerns about bending over as an elderly person. Tight lips

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Lisa - You will be a great start line official....AND a radio...woohoo LOL....  It is fitting that you have the L corral.  Glad to hear you think your knee is feeling better!

Judy - I love your dedication!

Didn't get a chance to post yesterday, tho, I did get on and read thru to keep up (in my head).   I got out for a beautiful, but rainey, 4 trail miles in the Forest yesterday.  It is amazing the "free" time I have on "taper time".  Especially not having a 3-4 hour run on the week-end....

Have a great Tuesday!

Carol

ginnyb

Lisa...so good to see you posting more again!  Radio...cool!  Don't think I will be out for the marathon, but thanks for the invite.  Next year for sure.  I have missed 2 years now at Detroit.

Tessa....hang on lady...thinking of you.

Went to the gym today, but my trainer forgot me Cry .  He came in when I was just about done and apologized profusely.  Still got a workout in, but wasn't the same without him pushing me, still felt good though.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  7 with 2 @ MP as I continue my taper trying not to go crazy with my furlough.

Judy, I saw your question yesterday.  There are great trail shoes that you can use that will give you no soreness.  I use the Hokas but I have two other pairs.  It's just trial and error until you find the perfect one for you.

Tessa, hugs.

On my iPhone. Sorry for the lack of shoutouts.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hi!  10.7 for me. Nice breeze during the run

Lisa glad the knee is getting better.

D how how is the migraine?

Ginny sorry the trainer forgot you!

Carol what are you tapering for?  Which race?

Marjorie

55F this morning!!  WooHoo!!!  Nice to run in cooler weather.  6 miles in the books.

YAY Judy!  I plan on doing more exercises and stretches but always seem to forget!

"L" is for Lisa!  Great that you are volunteering!

HI Ginny, Carol, and Damaris!

Have a happy Tuesday!

Anonymous Guest

Hi guys!

An easy 7 for me this morning. We have finally gotten past that awful summer-like weather, so I ran in a nice 57 degrees at 10 a.m. Was hard to keep it easy at times. Now I'm procrastinating before doing some more painting around the house. And running to the grocery store. And doing laundry.

Lisa, way to make the most out of things. I think you'll make an excellent SLO!

Judy, great idea about adding yoga poses to keep you upright. I don't want to become one of those hunched over old ladies either.

Carol, your marathon is the weekend after next, isn't it? I know Damaris is doing Chicago which is the same day as mine, and Marjorie is doing OBX, which is in November. But I can't remember yours - Columbus? Anyway, enjoy the taper!

Ginny, bummer on the trainer, but at least you still got a workout in, and you saved the money for another session with your trainer!

Nice runs Marjorie and Susan!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Well with corral L it may be more like "go! you can go now!" then "stop, you can't go now!"  and yes, I can do SLO at the starting line. Having fun with it... would be more fun to be running it though.

I get a radio and a rope.. some R&R!

Judy-I refuse to think of you as an elderly person.  broad, dame, babe maybe but plain old person? no way! LOL

Carol-free time is over-rated.

Ginny-wtg on still doing your workout!

Damaris-I think it's funny how the trail, ultra runners were dissing the Hokas a few years ago and now they are all wearing them. I want some too!

Karen-I've always done SLO well so no problem. amazing how the time to do things can expand to fill the time available to do things, eh?  I bet you used to jam most of that in on drive in and out of work.

Lisa