Womens Running

FINALLY FRIDAY DIVAS (Read 20 times)

SassySparky

We made it through week!

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

SassySparky

RR: Just did 2 miles with HIIT on the TM. I'm experiencing some wicked DOMS from my barre workout dvd on Wednesday ... my calves and butt are killing me! Clearly I need to lift more often.

NRR: I got comments back on my grant from one of our collaborators. Not my boss, but someone very important in the field. He wants me to change a TON of experiments. My boss and I are meeting about it today to decide what we agree with and what we are going to change, but that sets me up for a long weekend of writing. I suspected this would happen so at least I was mentally prepared :-)

MA - hope the ultrasound and appointment go well. Just think how healthy and strong C will be with all this extra time with his mom.

POrun

Happy Friday. My work doesn't get out for Good Friday. Sad

RR: Tomorrow and Sunday will run something.

NRR: Thanks for all the support ladies! FMLA is in process of being approved. For those that asked, you can take unpaid time off from work as needed when approved for up to 12 weeks with no penalty from your employer. I'm hoping to not need much time off, but I'll be glad to be able to take it as needed. Other than that, the ILs are coming back today. Yay.... (they will hopefully leave by Monday morning after 2 weeks of continuous coming and going). I'm grumpy and snappy when tired, so I told DH to make sure they don't ask me any questions when I get home from work today! I'll be doing lots of school paper writing this weekend too.

Sassy: Great job on the workouts. Oh no, hopefully the writing won't be too bad.

Meli: That's scary about your volunteering experience. You are a very kind and warm person for doing that type of volunteering!

MA: Sending you baby vibes!!! My other friend with the same due date as you just had her baby yesterday, so here's hoping yours happens today!

gsdrunner

MOrning ladies...

Sassy: Sorry to hear that your weekend is kinda wrecked. Hope the meeting today helps get things a little organized for the writing.

RR: Nothing yesterday, I was a little sore and just wasn't motivated to run, so today I will get the mileage in.

NRR:  Going to get my rings resized. They fit, but taking them on and off over my knuckle is taxing and I'm over it. I may head to the zoo with M since it will be in the upper 50s today.  Yesterday, I ate like crap. I seem to have a day a week or every other week that is just horrid. So, I am going to work on that.... anyhow... gotta run. M is done with breakfast.

Have a great day... and in case I am not on the weekend.... Happy Easter to those that celebrate it.

MA runner girl

ER: Walk today, maybe with my mom. I miss running. A lot.

NER: Still here! 5 days late today. Ultrasound at 11, please send some vibes that all is well and I don't need to be induced! As much as I want to not be pregnant anymore, I definitely want him to decide it's time to come out. If nothing happens by tonight, I need to get out of the house and do something. Maybe DH and I can go to a movie or something. I'm going a little stir crazy. Ok, a lot.

Sassy - Ahhh the feeling of a tough workout. I seriously CANNOT wait to feel that again! LOL I hope your weekend is not too busy with work.

PO - I'm jealous of your friend. lol I hope your weekend with the inlaws isn't too bad. You deserve some rest, not havign to deal with that!! I hope your FMLA gets approved ASAP.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

MA runner girl

GSD - I haven't worn my ring for months... I'm worried it won't get back on! Have fun at the zoo, high 50s sounds wonderful.

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

SassySparky

PO  - I just read your post from yesterday, and it sounds like a good idea to take this time off. I hope the FMLA is approved soon. It is better to take time off and rest and come back energized than to try to work through a health setback. I know when I came back from Mat Leave I was still really exhausted and physically recovering, and my job performance suffered and I made mistakes that could have been avoided if I could have come back even one or two weeks later.  Good job taking care of yourself. I hope you start to feel better soon.

MA - go to a movie, for sure! I did that on my due date, saw the Hunger Games!

GSD - I have days like that, too. Best thing is to just remind yourself that it's just something your body/hormones need, and it's not a weakness on your part.

lizo_77

so glad it's almost the weekend!

RR: nada.... hoping for a couple miles tonight just to wrap up the day.

NRR: woke up, cleaned my bathroom this morning. hoping to vaccuum tonight. then go to church for the good friday service. M didn't sound too thrilled about going to church tonight, but I really need some quiet time there.

sassy: boo about the extra experiments and changes and writing! hope the weekend is still relaxing for you!

MA: sending you some good vibes! that baby is holding on! Smile hang in there!

po: glad the FMLA is in process.

gsd: have a good day! and hope the ring can get resized fast! enjoy the zoo if you go! it's in the 50s here too. yay!

SassySparky

Lizo - glad you had a nice productive morning! Enjoy the service tonight.

Oh I'm super excited about something. We bought a seat for G to ride on our bikes!  Since it will be just for fun, not running errands or long rides, we ended up getting this one after a lot of research and evaluating our needs. His helmet arrived yesterday so we're going to take it out for a spin this weekend! I put the helmet on him this morning, it was so cute and he thought it was funny.

outwestrunner

Good morning, ladies!

RR: SRD.   But.. Jogs with Dogs starts up tomorrow and I am so excited!!  That will be around 6 miles with sprints and recovery. Sprints are when I first take the dog around, recovery is when the dog has tired itself out and we're just jogging.

NRR: Hmm. Well I seemed to have made a friend last weekend on that scavenger hunt, so I am meeting up with her and some other people at a country-western bar tonight! Should be fun but I will have to call it an early night so I can be up for JWD.

Sassy - Well I'm glad you're mentally prepared for the writing this weekend. So much of everything is being mentally ready for it. Good luck!

MA - VIBES being sent for your ultrasound! I like your approach, though.. baby boy should come out when he's ready.

PO - I hope your in-laws aren't too annoying. Having FMLA available would relieve a lot of stress, I'm sure..nothing worse than feeling you have to go into work when you really aren't up to it physically or mentally.

GSD - I wouldn't worry too much about bad eating for a day. I do that every so often, and it fulfills some need (usually for ice cream), and then I get back on the wagon. Have fun today!

Lizo - Nice work cleaning the bathroom already! I like getting stuff like that out of the way.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: 4 miles this afternoon

NRR: off from work today for Good Friday. Slept till 9. It was wonderful! I have some cleaning I need to do today.

Sparky: Nice job on your run today!

PO: So glad FMLA was approved! Smile

gsd: enjoy the zoo with M!

MA: C is so comfy in there! he doesn't want to come out!

LucyBelle

Good afternoon ladies.

RR: Rest day. Had a glorious 4 mile run yesterday. Started off nice and easy and picked it up the last 2 miles; the final mile was sub-8. Woo!

NRR: Job interview went well yesterday, just waiting to hear back. Still waiting for CRF to hear from UVM, too. We have plans tonight to have my cousins over for a slumber party and then to hang out tomorrow, plus Easter brunch Sunday, but the plans may change. See NRR2.

NRR2: Just got word that my grandmother had a stroke this morning. No word on her condition yet, or the extent of it, because she's still being evaluated and the doctors haven't provided any information. Vibes that it was mild and she's OK.

seattlechica

Just thought I would pop in and say I hope all the spring marathoners' training is going well...  Jewel, NC, anyone else??  I have my first 20 miler of 2 tomorrow and really looking forward to it.  Hope you are all running well and happy!  I have been pretty busy at work but may have a bit more time to post when it's not the end of the month!

SassySparky

Aw Lucy I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. Sending good vibes. Did she get to the hospital quickly after it happened? Stroke/thrombosis/clotting disorders is my new research area, so if you have any questions about treatments or what the doctors are telling you please let me know, I might be able to help.

LucyBelle

Thanks Sassy! I honestly don't know much at this point, my grandfather called the ambulance, but he is completely deaf and unable to communicate over the phone, so my great-uncle was trying to relay the information to my mom, but he wasn't quite clear on whether my grandfather found her this morning after having had a stroke during the night, or whether he was with her when it happened and called 9-1-1 immediately. Still no updates.

That's cool that you're researching clotting disorders though, can you research Factor V Leiden's for me? LOL.