Womens Running

Late Start Thursday - Supermoms (Read 15 times)

Erniegirl

Grr, just tried to start the thread and lost my whole post. Let's try this again.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Erniegirl

Overslept a bit this morning and maybe I'm not the only one since there's no thread yet 

RR - 8k with 6 strides. 8-10k was always a typical weekday run for me, but in the midst of marathon training, it seems really short and easy!

TR - Maybe I spoke to soon the other day when I said I was grateful that she ate whatever I cooked, because she outright refused to touch the kale and potato cakes I made last night, and kept asking for "fish sandwich". She ended up eating a tuna sandwich and a bunch of red pepper slices, so I can't really complain.

FR - Orange glazed pork chops, green beans almondine, sweet potato

NRR - I usually like the whole "everyone knows everyone" aspect of small town living, but sometimes NOT. Case in point: yesterday, the woman who runs the burger place was chatting with my DH and said "I hear you guys are trying to have another baby, but I see Ernie running all the time. I don't think she can get pregnant if she's running that much". Mind your own effing business, burger lady!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - SRD

KR - I was TRYING to sleep in, I went downstairs at 5:30 to pee and found B already awake and watching ipad in the kitchen.  Then DH went into his room and he had broken a glass snowglobe.

FR - crockpot chicken noodle soup

ernie - holy eff on the MYOB!  That night G and I were having dinner in MA, we thought it was weird that people would just go up to people at other tables at the restaurant and just start talking.  I'm sure people were wondering who we were..but I like to be left alone when out in public.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  4 or 5 after work....I think.  I want to rest tomorrow to have fresh legs for my 13.1 trial on Saturday, but the weather for tomorrow is better.  We shall see.

BR:  Did I mention that we tried pureed bananas the other night and he HATED them?  Such an odd little boy.  His face was hilarious though.  Was up at 11:20 which was not fun.  I am amazed at how much he is moving in his crib at night.

TR:  I would say he is 90% himself again.  Not eating the best, but he has always been picky.  Fell out of his high chair again last night and once again wanted to cuddle with DH. I was thinking this morning about how much DH does with him and I tend to H.  Its going to be a rude awakening when I am done in June and have to do everything.

NRR:  I had something for this.....  Book club is tonight.  We read Cuckoos Calling by "J.K. Rowling" (I forget what name she used.)  Busy night with that and an after work meeting.

FR:  Looking forward to some good food and wine tonight!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning,

RR - 8k with strides at lunch, sounds like it'll be in a snow storm, awesome.  At least I have pants today.

KR - DH always puts her to bed, but he's so slow and let's her carry on and delay and read extra stories, which means that she's often up 20 minutes past her bedtime, losing her shit because she's tired.  UGH... plus when she goes to bed late so do I because DH and I always watch one show after the kids are in bed.

TR - dayhome lady said she said 'tanks' everytime she changed her diaper yesterday.

FR - both kids ate really well last night, M ate 4 perogies plus one hunk of sausage and a heap of peas.  The peas were eye of newt though because we're all witches.  Tonight is burgers and I hope home fries if I'm organized when I get home.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

ernie - looks like we're run twins today.  I don't think I'd like to live somewhere where everyone knows everyone... I like my anonymity.  That burger lady deserves a kick in the teeth.

zorbs - there is no way we could have anything glass in M's room, it would have been broken ages ago.

mer - are you racing the 13.1 trial this weekend, or just doing the distance?  Olivia doesn't really like bananas either.  Have fun at book club, wine and food sounds good!

runninmer

ernie - I would be livid with someone butting in to my business like that.  Grrr.  As always, your FR sounds really good.

zorbs - On the bright side, at least B was entertaining himself and not bothering you!  Bummer about the snow globe.  And 5:30 is way too early for kids...I don't even like being up at 5:30!

CAR - Glad you remembered all your stuff today!  I am just doing the distance. DH is going to bike along with me and we are going on a paved trail for some new scenery.  Both training plans that were created for the half next month call for 13....I won't run it without the .1! Smile  J LOVES bananas, but H's face was priceless.  Not sure if they weren't ripe enough and still a little sour or what, but it was funny!

Upcoming Races: 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

mer - are you going to run 13.1 at race pace? I can't seem to do that, I need race day magic to make me run fast.

CA - if you went running in a snowstorm with no pants, I would expect to read about it in Mark Remy's column tomorrow.  We didn't want the snowglobe in his room, but B really loved it.  He uses glass cups to drink from with no problem.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

zorbs - My plan is to go out and run easy.  I want to enjoy the scenery and company of DH.  If it is quick, great.  If not, that is cool too.  Just want to make sure I still have the distance in me.  It has been exactly a year since I last ran a half.

Upcoming Races: 

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Nope- crazy wind and a kiddo needed snuggling.

TR: Bought Frozen on the amazon cloud yesterday but R didn't really like it. I think there was too much singing.  He barfed in his bed at 2 am, luckily DH had been on a fire and was already up and was the first responder to the puke scene, I got up and took care of the bed while he stripped and redressed R.

FR: Was lazy and make turkey sandwiches again.

NRR: Ugh my body is all achy, I hope I'm not getting sick. Its mainly my shoulders/neck/collarbone and DH says its probably from being tense at the dentist. Couldn't fall asleep again until after 3:30 am, so I will be getting coffee this morning on my way to the office. DH is skipping his optional class thing at work to stay home with R.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

Ernie- whoa?! I thought I lived in a small town. I didn't tell anyone when I was trying to get pregnant because I didn't want to get asked about it all the time, my dad asked me if it was an accident when I told him. Now I'm getting asked when we are having #2 like multiple times a day and its just rubbing salt in my wounds.

zorbs- yikes on the snowglobe. DH hates glitter, that would be his personal nightmare cleanup.

Mer- We put the highchair in the attic when we moved, I regret it sometimes because now I have to tell R to sit down 20x while eating at the counter. I think R didn't like pureed bananas, he liked them when he could take bites though.

CA- I need to try to get that pot roast happening on my break today. I work long days M-Th like you so I can leave early on Friday, and 10+ hours in the crockpot is too long for most foods, so I try to put it in when I'm home for lunch from 11-12.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

spike - We have the chair part on one of the regular chairs and we don't buckle him in.  He moves constantly and then you add the wheels on the chair and it is a disaster.  Last night, he was handing something to H, who was in his exersaucer and he bent a little too far.  We tell him time and time again and he just doesn't listen.  Eventually he will get it.  That sucks about the wind, but I have to say I am a little jealous of the cuddles!  I hope R feels better soon.  A puking kid is no fun at all.

Upcoming Races: 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I don't think that's how I want to end up in Remy's column - actually I don't know if I want to end up in his Friday column at all.

spike - M is so picky about what movies she likes, and she hates trying new ones.  Hope you aren't getting sick!!!  Since most of my slow cooker meals come from the freezer these days, it actually works out well, I start them at 5:30 am, but they are still partially frozen, and cook on low for 12 hrs.

RR- Happy with track workout tuesday, got in some spin and lifting yesterday along with a short Bob run. Tonight is a memorial run for a friends mom.  DH and I are still figuring out the baby hand-off sowe both can get runs in. Going to be a late night.

BR- wohooo, one more night and I am off baby night time duty. tough week sleep wise, he is sleeping  more, but I am having more of a problem going back to sleep. he is eating more when he wakes up at night (been around midnight this week) so I am awake longer feeding him, harder to go back down.

FR - Potluck at the run tonight, maybe make a bakes good.

NRR -We live in MA, husband is eyeing a job in OR. not sure how serious he is about it yet..

.I have worked at a running specialty store since 2006, I was manager for a bit, hours and pay weren't great, so persued another field. I still pick up shifts at the store when I can, usually on weekends.  New Balance invited our company for a night out at Fenway park in the executive box looking out over the baseball field. Hoping to be able to network since all head people will be there. Party is tomorrow!

Emie- I seem to delete my posts often too. love it when a 10k feels short and easy! yup, good sign marathon training is going well.  And what a terrible thing to say by the Burger lady, OMG! unbelievable.

Zorbs- wow, 5:30 is early! At least he didn't try to hide it/clean it up and get hurt.

CAR- yay for pants! boo for snow storm. First day of spring tomorrow!

Mer- Funny about the banana, K will tolerate a few bites then he's over it. I am with K pretty much all day, and 5 nights a week, he sees DH maybe 4 hrs or less a day (during the week) and he still has no preference with who comforts him (if DH and I are both around) Guess it's a good thing, but still....

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- I like to fiddle with stuff too much to use a crockpot more than I do, plus I'm really picky about food textures, and I pretty much only like beans or red meat in the crockpot. I love my pressure cooker though, which is suprising since you absolutely can not meddle with your food while its cooking.