Womens Running

Don't stop de-sneezin' Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 7 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

I've just sneezed about 10x in a row.

ER/RR - was going to run this morning but woke up about 30 min before my alarm with a headache and nausea, turned my alarm off. Bike with Beth later and also bikemute to my psychiatrist appointment this afternoon. G and I signed up for an obstacle race at the end of August.

KR - we biked to the park together for the first time. He has a horrible habit of stopping dead, which made me crash into his back wheel.

FR - pulled pork and lurid green coleslaw. Ate massive amounts of junk yesterday, japanese rice crackers, aniseed jawbreakers, chinese egg tarts...

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!
      RR - biked to work again, 14.2 km, I might do an easy run tonight when I get home also. It's supposed to be hot today, I think I'd like to do a sweaty run in the sun Smile

KR - wants to go ride in a boat, hoping that we can get the canoe out this weekend for a short ride.

TR - cycling jerseys with front zippers are way to tempting for toddlers, they are not a good clothing choice around them!

FR - again, no idea, we found burgers in the freezer last night, I'm sure we'll find something tonight. Going to a pancake bfast this morning at the restaurant next to work, yum!

zorbs - bike hunger makes me more shaky than runger, I get this low blood sugar jittery thing from it.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

moxieluvah

zorbs - do you have allergies? or just random sneezing?

CA - getting an extra workout in on the way to work sounds awesome, do you shower after you get there or just change?

----

RR - 4

NRR - moved in to the rental, will be there until August 6 when we can get into the house we are buying. we didn't unpack much and didn't even put our beds together, just threw the box springs and mattresses on the floor.

moving R - MIL is all like "I don't like you guys moving farther away." um, we are going to be 20 minutes away instead of 5, is it really that big of a deal. and they only come over like 5 times a year anyways.

TR/KR - when we are inside all they want to do is wrestle and fight, when we go outside they are fine and play well, trying to get out as much as possible.

FR - manicotti

we wont have internet until we get into the house next month so I probably wont be around here much. the only time I actually wished I had a smartphone!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Postponed my run until tomorrow, DH was gone fighting a wildland fire and I really didn't feel like running the culdesacs with a stroller. I'm really digging DH not working until 8 am because I can run by myself in the mornings.

TR: Took him to a puppet show at the library last night. There were about 20 kids there of various ages and R was the only kid in the room spazzing out and being an ass. Wouldn't sit still, invading other kid's personal space, guffawing at inappropriate times, kept smacking a red haired kid on the back (I swear R has it out for red haired kids), kept moving to a different seat every 2 minutes. At the end there was a Q&A and he was completely ignoring the whole "raise your hand" thing and when the puppeteer called on him he started talking about a shark biting him and a cat scratching him instead of asking a question. I really wanted to just pull him out and leave in the middle, but he had kicked off his shoes at the front of the room and it would have been even more disruptive to try to retrieve him and his shoes. It was pretty embarassing. I talked to Miss Jody about it this morning and she said that he does great in small groups, but when its a large group he spazzes out and won't sit still- not sure if he has a hard time dealing with it, or he just can't stand not being the center of attention?

TR2: Last night I put R to bed, then DH and I went and sat outside for a bit to enjoy the sunset. I heard wailing coming from the house, R had gotten out of bed and thought we abandoned him. He was so pitiful and was wailing/screaming "Mommy, Daddy! NOOOOOO!" with tears streaming down his face. So yeah, probably gave my kid weird abandonment issues last night. I told him mommy and daddy would never ever leave him alone like that, and if he can't find us, to open the door to the garage and see if we're outside. DH wants to build a big firepit/seating area out away from the house, and R freaking out like this is my #1 worry with that. I'm going to need to get a high powered baby monitor that I could take with me if we do that.

FR: Hamburgers last night. Not sure about tonight yet.

NRR: DH is loving his job. Oh and I guess we are going whitewater rafing with friends on the 19th, woot!

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- how are the appointments going and the meds feeling? You sound a lot more upbeat, and it makes me happy to see you flourishing on the bike. Is the lurid greenness from a dressing?  There is a massive forest fire over the hill up in Entiat and the smoke is thick in the air and is bothering my asthma/allergies.

CA- How hot does it get in Calgary? Its supposed to be 100*F all this week. LOL at the cycling jersey exposure.  I found a new activewear brand that looks good- Couer Sports. They make run/bike/tri stuff. If you are in the market for a new cycling jersey, you should also check YMXbyYellowman. Their fabric is super lightweight and silky and wicks like crazy.

Moxie- My mom and sister live about 25-30 min away and they have been to my house twice and once, respectively, in six months. I would die without internet! In fact, when we moved into our rental, we changed internet service providers because one could hook us up same day, and our previous provider couldn't hook us up for a week. R had RSV when we moved and I was stuck watching Madagascar3 that we rented from Redbox on an endless loop until they got our internet up and running.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

moxie - I just change, we don't have showers, it's cool enough in the morning, and it's mostly downhill into work.  I'm way more sweaty going home.  20 minutes sounds like a perfect distance from IL's!

spike - poor R!!  He'll get used to checking for you outside I'm sure.  Sorry he was a brat at the library, I bet he was just trying to get attention.  M would have never talked to the librarian!!  The weather is much more moderate here, a hot week is in the low 30's (90 ish F) but it's more likely in the mid 80's.  I think you get more of the same weather as the Okanagan in BC, which is high 30's and sometimes 40 C.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

what? no one is commenting on how terrible a pun the thread title is?!?!?!

CA - I am having trouble finding cute cycling clothes besides skirtsports and YMX by Yellowman is $$$$$$$$$$$

moxie - I can't tell whether it is allergies or leftover from the sick that B had the last week or 2.

spike - hee, does R feel like the gingers are sucking out his soul? :P  did you see the shirt from YMX that's like $800?  the coleslaw is just like the lurid KFC coleslaw.  I'm sure it's food colouring.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - yes cycling clothes are $$$$$  I have one jersey that was swag from a fondo I did for free when DH's company sponsored it.  I have one cheapo pair of shorts that are MEC and a $$ pair of shorts that were a gift from MIL.  Actually, maybe there are jerseys that are reasonable prices at MEC but I haven't checked lately.  I don't love the YMX styling and again they are $$$

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I sent this to Emma yesterday and she was like I NEED THIS NOW.

http://www.lolewomen.com/ca/en/lsw0922.html

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

also: http://www.lolewomen.com/ca/en/lsw0909.html

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I'm not sure about the ginger thing, I just know he likes to give them beatdowns when he sees them. Try this site- this is where I find new brands of clothes (where I found YMX) http://www.teamestrogen.com/product/apparel/cycling/c0-c1-atsport_01.html

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - wow, Love the Lole stuff!  Also Leftlanesports often has good prices on cycling/running gear.  That's where I first saw the skirtsports cycling stuff.  Edited to add, left lane has those Lole jerseys, for slightly cheaper ,but it might even out with shipping...