Womens Running

Summer Monday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Summer seems to be finally here, but don't blink or it will be fall.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Friday after work I changed clothes and ran the trail for 45 minutes. Just as I was walking to my car a doe and 3 cute fawns came bouncing out of the woods . They crossed the path, then headed over to the river bank. The trail is very close to work and convenient for me..on the way home.

Saturday I did my hour yoga DVD.

Sunday was a great 50 minute run down in the park. In the afternoon I went to the zoo, tripped and fell over a large rock and skinned my left knee.

Today I shall try doing some easy cardio DVD.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Monday is upon us again **sigh**

3.8  - nice and warm morning, though we're supposed to get storms this afternoon and overnight, cooling us off 20 degrees, yuck.  oh well, I'll take what I can get lol

Judy - ouch on the skinned knee.  I saw some deer this morning, too

Ginny - nice 10 miles!

Karen - thanks for the compliment on my DD, she is so beautiful I can hardly believe she's mine.  Great 18 miler for you!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day but Pilates later.

Tessa as yes ice us a good idea. I didn't want to beg ice. Water did the trick. 30 oz water or so and sitting for a bit and I was good.

Judy poor knee!

Laura very cloudy here still but we didn't cool off 20 degrees. I'm going to go walk a bit.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6 miles and a PiYo workout tonight.

Judy, enjoy your Summer.  Mine has lasted 8 months.  I'm over it.   Enjoy your cardio DVD.

LC Runs, nice run.  Enjoy the cool down.

Marjorie, enjoy Pilates!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Howdy!

Busy weekend here.  3 mile run + 24 mile ride Saturday and 10 mile run yesterday.  Lots of chores and sewing.  Also had to drive to Mobile and exchange clothes for DS2.

Hey--my new fave hot weather post run treat--frozen grapes!!  They are semi thawed by the time I am finished running (keep them in an insulated bag while I run).   Helps cool me down and there can't be THAT many calories in a grape.

Tessa--hope you had a nice visit with the inlaws.

Judy--Ouch on the knee.

Carol--WTG on the tri!!

Have a great day!

Arimathea

Tessa

Marjorie, I have found that convenience stores and fast food places will usually let me have some ice if I ask politely. Starbucks will also fill an empty water bottle with ice and water.

Judy, aww cute on the doe and her triplet fawns!

Susan, you had to exchange clothes for DS2? He went off with the wrong pile?

Laura, yuck on the storms but good if they cool it down a bit.

Damaris, does it ever really stop being summer where you are?

Good visit with the inlaws. MIL was very quiet, she's hard of hearing as well as short term memory impaired, she didn't ask about DH and we didn't volunteer any information.  DS and DD did well, that was a lot of relatives to meet in a short time span. (DH was the oldest of eight, one's dead, two couldn't make it, but two of his brothers and two of his sisters were there.)

4 this morning. RN texted to say she'd see me tomorrow. I was tempted to text back and say "if you are up and texting you could be up and running, meet me at the foot of my driveway in 10 minutes" but decided not to. I'm fine going out alone.

camille2

Good morning!

Judy, it's so cool that you saw 3 fawns.

Laura, congrats to your DD!  It's very neat that she won scholarship money.  It also sounds like your 4 day week is a hit.

Gatsby, I'm glad you got your run in. It's nice that you volunteer for the races.

Demaris, I think you made the right call to hit the treadmill.  Funny thing...I used the treadmill at the Y a couple times last week  (raining once, intervals once) and thought it was too hot inside.  I sure wish I could send some of the nice days here to you and Marjorie. My GA family would say some of these days are like winter and Ginny might agree.

Cindy, enjoy the cooler runs and visit with your family.

Tessa, I'm glad the visit with the in-laws worked out.

Karen, I'm glad you are listening to your body and taking it a bit easier. It sounds like your training is where you need it to be.  I'm glad you liked the "providing God entertainment" idea.  I seem to do a lot of it.

I'm planning 45-60 min later.  I got back late last night and am happy to report that  I did catch a Kenai River salmon!  It's my first salmon on my own without a guide/friend/family, though a guy who had been fishing successfully showed me how to set up the leader and the flip cast. He was gone before I started, so I'm counting it as on my own. Fishermen are like runners, mostly very nice.   The technique and gear  for the Kenai is different than I'm used to.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thanks Tessa. I was in all residential. No stores near. The closest store was a mile away from the route I ran. I did an out and back. The school I was by didn't have any water fountains by the fields or play ground. There was a water fountain a half mile the other way but my friends was closer so I went there. And was on my way back home anyways. She lives in front if our neighborhood. I live in the back. If I had taken a different route I'd have had some different options. If the sun hadn't gotten worse I'd have been good too. It all worked out Smile.

Camille good for you catching salmon!

Marjorie

Good evening!   My DH comes home from a trip tonight so I have to stay up a little later than usual.  I'm also trying to avoid the ice cream that's calling my name from the freezer.  I didn't run today but did my PowerBlast class this morning.

Well done, Camille, on catching a salmon all on your own!  I don't know anything about fishing beyond what I've seen on Dangerous Catch and A River Runs Through It.

Tessa, glad the in-law visit went well.

CrazySue, great idea with the frozen grapes!

Damaris, I'll trade you one day of your summer for one day of my summer in SF.  But only one day please.

Marjorie, hope your pilates was enjoyable.

LC, hope the storms weren't too bad.

Judy, triplet fawns!  How sweet.

Hi to everyone else.  We made it through Monday, now onwards to Tuesday....

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR