Womens Running

Tuesday Today (Over 40) (Read 16 times)

In case you were confused on the day of the week.

Judy-hang in there.

Camille-fun to have a holiday theme! thanks for being there for the runners.

Sue-How long will it keep?  that would be my concern, that and separating.  sounds good otherwise. As a base.  LOL

Tessa-indefinite but this is the first time she has lived at home since graduating from high school when 17.  always lived in apartments or houses with her name on the lease since then.  I don't foresee this as too long but until she lands a job down there or has more of a cushion built up to make a hard break and become a "local applicant".

Helped dd with last of stuff last night and stopped at little ice cream place (non-chain Karen, non-chain) by her former house.  Frozen bananas on menu.  Yes!  They dipped it in chocolate and rolled it in nuts since that was my request.  $1.80.  Why do discover this on her last day in the place?  sigh.

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hanging in. Hospice called yesterday to say DH temp was over 104°. By the time I got there he was completely cool and resting comfortably. This whole thing is such an emotional roller coaster. His nurse also reminded me that she has seen patients actually wait until the family was gone to die.

Yesterday I did 50 minutes of run/cardio DVD.

Sinuses are starting to get better. I tried taking Allegra last night and it is working better than the other antihistimine. Doc said my pain is due to allergies and suggested I increase the steroid nasal puffer.

Thanks, All for your support! Happy runs!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Lisa - It will be fun  to have DD living with you for awhile.  She sounds pretty independant so I'm sure won't be for long!  Are you doing anything at The Legend?  Woodstock?

Judy - Thinking of you.....and sending thoughts of strength for you.

Ginny - I wouldn't be surprised if the heat affected you (with the cramps, etc.) after your half.  I ran 12 that morning, and did not feel very good the rest of the day, and I hydrated throughout the run, but just think the heat gets to you...your temp might have been even higher then ours!  Glad to see you registered for another half!!!

Busy day yesterday!   We hosted Aly's bday party at our house....our family & and the in-laws.  We had a great time.  Made it to Body Blast class in the afternoon.  It was even humid at the gym...we were all sweating buckets!

Off to work!

Carol

LC Runs

Hi Ladies!  So happy it is a short work week, I am swamped and stressed ugh

Ran 3.1 Monday am, nothing yet today.  I may try and run 3-4 after work, DS baseball games are over for the season.

Lisa - Fun having DD back at home!

Judy - continued thoughts and prayers

Carol - Happy Birthday to Aly!!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all. Tired here. Ran 8 and did Pilates Saturday, 12 Sunday and 9 last night. Will run 7 tonight. Plus work is still crazy busy and I'm trying to clean and de-fur the house for a party Saturday night. And my vacuum cleaner broke, so need to stop at Target and buy a new one. Also, minor rant - if someone invites you to a party and your options are accept, maybe and decline, choose one. It's okay if you can't make it, just let me know you can't make it!

Gatsby, I'm glad the aid station went well. Hard to be the one that has to pull people, but it has to be done.

Lisa, I'm good with non-chain. It's just if my options are chain or nothing, I'll take chain every time! Ice cream is very important. Also, I haven't had a chance to say thank you for being there for your running friend the other day. I can say from experience that it was very much appreciated. If you talk to her, and she's dragging her feet trying AA or something like that, feel free to tell her my story. Or give her my number and tell her to call me. Addictions are powerful and strong, but human beings can be stronger. And life can be so much better.

Judy, hugs and prayers continue for you.

Carol, happy birthday to Aly!

Morning Laura!

Oh, house update. We put in the offer of 210, they came back and said they absolutely couldn't go lower than 225 and they had other offers already higher than ours. We said okay and walked away. The next day they called our realtor back and were now apparently willing to go lower than 225, and what would we be willing to pay. So obviously they lied about having other offers higher than ours. Kinda annoyed us both. If they'd said they didn't want to go lower than 225 (it was listed for 235 but will probably appraise at 220-225) without making up the "other offers" thing, we probably would have come back with 215 and we may have eventually agreed on a price somewhere in between. But they tried to get us into a non-existent bidding war. If they're going to lie about that, are there things about the house they're hiding? So DH told the realtor that 210 was all we were willing to offer - I talked him out of saying 205. And now we're also leaning towards building new. It will cost a little more, but it would be nice to not have to deal with wallpaper or ugly carpet or 15 year old appliances and roofs. And get exactly what we want.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

ginnyb

Judy....I am pretty sure that my father did that.  The hospice nurse called me early in the morning and told me to come as quickly as I could, I did, and he was already gone.  The nurse told me that she would not be surprised if my dad heard her call me and did not want me there, it has happened frequently under her watch.  Apparently hearing is still quite acute , even if the person does not seem to respond to voices.

No run again for me, right calf is still quite sore, but feeling better.  Hope to get out for a short run tomorrow morning.

Karen...sorry about the hassle with the house.

carol....I definitely think it was the heat.  As I said before, I love the heat but apparently I do not run well in it.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

Ginny, I forgot to congratulate you on your half! The bad thing about racing in the heat and humidity is that it sucks. The good thing is that it sucks for everyone so sometimes you can still place in your age group!

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I just did all shoutouts and I pressed back by accident (pressed backspace and it understood I wanted to back out, sigh).  I did 20 on Sunday, SRD yesterday, and I am planning on running 8-10 tonight.

These are not as detailed as my prior shoutouts were but sigh.

Lisa, thanks for telling me. Now please tell me it's Friday, thank you.

Judy, continued hugs and thoughts.

Carol, sounds like a busy day!

LC Runs, hope things work out for you soon.  Stress is not good.

Karen, you are right.  If they are lying to you about that, what else are they lying about?

Ginny, hope the calf gets better soon.

Have a great day, all.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No run today.  I was up late late late working on a quilting project and I really needed that hour of sleep this morning.  The home made gatorade will have to wait until tomorrow.

Judy--hugs and prayers to you.

Leaving early to watch the  soccer game this afternoon.  USA USA!

Karen--they were bluffing apparently.  Good things come to those who wait!  Smile

Arimathea

Tessa

Gatsby, if there was a key in the box indicating I needed to open one of the parcel lockers, I would take the key and tell one of my two house servants...uh...children to go get the parcel. Especially since it would almost certainly be for one of them!

Thank you for doing the aid station. Sorry about the runners pulled -- I understand it is still some achievement to make it that far, but how miserable to be that close to the end and then not make it.

Karen, I wouldn't thrust those sellers as far as I could throw their termite-riddled house. Do you want to build?

Lisa, mmm, ice cream. I'm with karen, non-chain is usually better than chain but chain is better than none!

Ginny, I remember when your dad died, and yes they do seem to wait. (DH certainly did.) Congratulations on the half even though the weather sucked.

Damaris, I hate it when posts disappear! RWOL was notorious for that in 04-05. It got to the piont where we referred to disappearing posts and having been eaten by the post piggie, which could sometimes be thwarted by a couple of backtracks and quickly replying to the post . I still snicker about one furious response/post save from another resident Brit of "If I ever get hold of that post piggie, it'll be bacon butties all around."  20 miles in Florida in the summer? You are brave.

Judy, hope the meds alleviate the allergy miseries.

Aww, birthday party for Aly? What was the theme, Carol?

Laura, yay for baseball games being over for the season!

Susan, what quilting project? And um...homemade gatorade...why? Are you trying to figure something to do with your citrus?

4 this morning with RN. Not a great morning so far. I forgot my ActiveLink so didn't get points for the run, then had GI issues on the way home, then got halfway to work and realized I had forgotten my cellphone which is charging on the counter. Oh, and I set the dishwasher going before running this morning, then got back from the run to find DD loading her bedding into the washing machine because the cat barfed on her bed. (Better her than me.) So there was very little hot water for my shower. First world problems, I know.

Soccer this afternoon!

camille2

Judy, keep hanging in there. It's hard, I know.

Karen, I'd bet it was their realtor who told yours there were other higher offers. I wonder how often that happens.  It would be very good for them if you didn't offer again and told them the reason.  At any rate, I'd be wary, too. Good luck!

Carol, happy BD to Ali!  I'd bet it does feel like a miracle.

Tessa, my water leak was from a crack  at the water pump filter.  The RV place winterized it  fixed it with no charge (most likely a bit of water was still in it over winter).   I could use a house servant.

Lisa,I was also wondering about  slashing wine boxes.  Wouldn't someone without an addiction want it? You?  Your DD? : )

Marjorie, I was glad to see that 10+mi from you. Guess your stomach recovered.

DR, I hate it when I lose a post!  Way to go on that 20, btw!

Gatsby, it sounds like your station was a hit.  I'd hate having to take people out of the race, too, esp after 80+miles, but you're right about being fair. What do the  women do with the belt buckles?

Sue, congrats on the PR!

Ginny, I wonder if heat cramps leave people with sore muscles two days after...I have no idea. Gatsby might since she deals with runners in those 90-100 temps.

Laura, hi!  Have you picked out your next marathon yet?  Is your new partner at work working out OK?

Hi to anyone I missed.

I wonder how Susan's backpacking trip is going?

I just want to say this:  I love Alaskans.  Dinner was such fun last night. One couple has a old condo with very old carpet, furniture, etc., but they did a river trip in Belgium in the spring and they're going to  Israel this fall.  People just have totally different priorities than the people I know in Ga.  I may need to tough out winters again.

Workouts...I biked from the RV place yesterday and will bike there to pick it up today. With the red lights, it's stretching it to call it a workout. I owe Hal 4.5 mi today and the afternoon is supposed to be nice..

Judy-I don't want to squish you with all of this hugging but another one is coming your way.

Carol-fun bday party!

Karen-Thank you for being open to talking to her.  I'll message you.

Lisa

ginnyb

I don't mean to keep boring everyone with my calf woes....but I will anyway!  At one point my calf was cramping so badly that it drew my foot up so that I could not straighten it, cramping front and back, so I am not surprised that it still hurts 2 days later.  I just don't know what else to try when I do these hot humid runs.  I carried half water half gatorade with me and was sipping a lot...I hydrated before hand for 2 weeks.  I trained for the run, did the miles.  Maybe salt?  Or...just avoid summer halfs!  That may be the solution.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Arimathea

Tessa

Ginny, I wonder if more electrolytes might be helpful. Succeed, capsules, for instance, or little salt packets. If you were drinking half water and half Gatorade that's pretty dilute.

One tip I read a while back was to chew a couple of Tums if you are cramping. Couldn't hurt.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1 this am. I've been in the phone all day. Working in transition in a joint venture. Of course IT problems but none terrible the two major things that needed fixed they fixed.

Gatsby I'm  used to it. The amount of stuff I can't eat is huge. But I need to do that or have to stop over and over and over during a run. So I love running more and it is okay to have to give up some things.

Sounds yummy Lisa

Continued thoughts, Judy.

Carol  hard to believe how old Aly is now!

Karen I hate the people that do not RSVP. Too many assume oh they know I will be there or I won't. It's been like that forever.

We've built several of our homes. New is great And custom to what you want. I don't even mind the hassles.

Camille le yes it recovered. I'm home so eating all my normal boring stuff. I don't eat lettuce at home much but has been okay on the road. But a few instances now so it goes on the list.

Ginny I'm with Tessa to try a few Tums.

Marjorie