Womens Running

When on Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 208 times)

run!

Lisa

I made the Karnel's Amazing Event live.  Still need to put the link on there for Paypal.  What do you think of making this "public" vs just invite?

Lisa

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Tuesday was 45 minutes on the track, some of it with coach. Today will be a shorter run since I will be going to a lecture. I'll be fitting everything in. It's funny that makes of shoes should feel so different. The Asics have lots of cushioning and the Brooks cause me to feel the surface of the floor much more. Ravenna 2s have much more close contact with the track than the Brooks Adrenalines.
        Tomorrow should be a Fast Buddy run.
        Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Did 3 miles outside this morning.  Pretty windy, but about 40.  Still had to dodge some icy spots, but not too bad.  It is supposed to rain and be warmer the rest of the week, should get rid of this batch of ice, so I am hoping for a longish run this weekend.  I really, really need new shoes, but no place around me to get them, so it will involve a road trip to Cleveland or Toledo sometime soon.

Goodmorning Lisa and Judy..

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

LC Runs

Good Morning, we are half way through the week!

4 miles on the TM, followed by some weights.  Will try and get in a couple more miles after work.

Shout outs to Lisa, Ginny, Judy and all to follow....Big grin

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Ginny why don't you order the shoes from runningwarehouse?  They are a lot less expensive and shipping is free (and you get it in 2 days) and so are returns!  You could get a pair to try and if you don't like them send them back.  Or stick with what tou've been using and just use them to get a new pair. I love them.  Just ordered 3 pairs of my shoes for the price of 2 since I was on there getting a couple shirts for an upcoming running event and no shipping cost. The shoes just found their way in the cart too.  Funny how that happens.

Marjorie

Good Morning!  Power hour class--new guy actually returned.

Went to the running club banquet last night.  Fun.  Everyone looked weird with clothes on.

I don't know what kind of Ben and Jerry's--karamel sutra?  Something with caramel in the center.  I like to just eat a couple of bites at a time so I get a little carton and it lasts for weeks. Do you believe that?  Hahaha

Memorial service for DS2's friend this afternoon.  He avoids funerals, but I am encouraging him to go to this one.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 4-5 recovery miles tonight.

MyMomRuns, I already joined the event!  Thanks for sharing.

judyruns, enjoy the short run.

Ginny, hope the weather gets better for you.

LC Runs, have a nice TM run and weights.

Marjorie, hiya!

Off to Court.  Have a nice day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

camille2

Judy, I love the cushioning in Asics...tried a couple other brands this last time but went back to the cushy shoes.

Ginny, good luck with shoes.

Lisa, I'd be in favor of letting others participate - family might want to let others know.

Demaris, you were diplomatic about the photos. : )  For races,  I'm a big wimp about heat (only spend winters in GA). I did the Disney half on a hot day for them and was miserable, so no Fla races again unless there's a cold snap. : ) Nice race schedule!

Julie, thanks for that info on HR recovery.  Hope you recover soon-so frustrating not to be able to do what you want.

Tessa, really too bad about your neighbor's BQ, but if she can do it on the spur of the moment, I'd bet she can again.  Color me envious.  : )

Sue, thanks for sharing your schedule.  You're in  great shape, so it clearly works.

Linda, enjoy the hills!

Marjorie, Albany would be perfect if I had started a real plan earlier. I've only heard good things about it from local runners, too. I think I'm going to do the half.  I was surprised at the number of turns, though. Wow!

Karen, looks like you're getting serious about the speedwork. Too bad about the HR monitor/garmin, but I had to laugh. I have screwed up mine so many times!  Last weekend, I set the new 410 to scroll during race because I wanted HR, pace, distance and elapsed time, but didn't realize how many screens it would scroll thru!  When I'd glance, it was freq. not what I wanted. Time in lap, anyone? Smile  Also, I'd set the little guy at initial setup and one screen would tell me how far behind I was.  Since I had no idea what pace I'd put in, that info was not particularly helpful!  LOL    Time to reset it. Did I mention I found my 305. : )

Gatsby, I forgot which race you're training for and the plan you're using.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback about a spring race. I'd love a flat,cool race in a new state in late April/early May-I can dream, right? April/May because I'd like to use a training program, rather than just winging them untrained as I have lately.  I spent (too much) time on Marathon guide yesterday and didn't find the perfect one so have to decide which I want most:  new state, chance at cool temp, flat or a race earlier than I'd like. I'm in for the half at Tobacco Road on March 17 and have until Feb 20 to switch to the full-prob simplest. New Jersey is perfect time wise, but a friend grew up there, was just back and said there is widespread destruction. Will it impact the race? Also found Lake Wobegone which sounds like my kind of race-smallish and very pretty. It's May 11, flat, prob cool, cheap airfare, but not a new state. Nice to have choices!

Weigh in day-glad it's on Wed. The scale was 135.5 today but fluctuated up to 137.5 on Mon.  : )   I did 6 yesterday afternoon so just walk and gym today.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

I did 11 with some strides at the end .  There has been a purple jump rope over a tree limb in one of the tree areas for months and it drove me nuts seeing it and knowing the landscapers ignore it.  I stopped on my run and got it off the limb then picked ut up on the way back and threw it away.  It wwas broken and had been there forever.

Laura has it warmed up there some?  Dad said it would be in the 40s today and maybe 50.

Lisa I'd ask Bill if he wants to keep it private or open it up.

D see you next week!  Hmmm where shall we go this time?

Camille there are a lot of turns but they are spread out and the course is pretty.

Marjorie

Linda

Good morning ladies:

Yesterday was such a beautiful day that I decided to do a long run, instead. I'm going to do a quick recovery run, and then I'm off to Montecito. It is a beautiful area a bit north of Santa Barbara, but I'm not going for hike (which is the only reason that I've ever gone there up until this point).

I have been anticipating today, for a couple of weeks. I got it in my mind that I am going to have a coolsculpting procedure done. It is scheduled for today. Have you all heard of it. They take a "pudge" on your body and vacuum it into a freezing apparatus and freeze that spot. Your skin doesn't get frostbite, because it is protected by a gel sheet. Some of your fat cells, however, are supposed to froze to death and are gradually absorbed by the body. After about two months, the fat in that spot should be reduced about 25%. For many, the procedure works great. There is no down time, very little pain, etc. There are some that get some kind of nerve pain reaction which seems to be horrible. Of course, I'm hoping to be in the former group Smile

I signed up for the Karnel run. Thanks Lisa and all who had a hand in putting it together.

Hi Judy, LC Marjorie, Damaris

Ginny: I really dislike the wind. The temps here are great, but it is often windy. Also, I have to second Marjorie about running warehouse. They are great. Nothing like free shipping both ways

Sue: I've never heard of eating ice cream one bite at a time. You must have the willpower of a Buddhist monkSmile

Camille: My Gamin and I have a love/hate relationship.  I can't live without it, but it always screwing me over--just kidding.  It is always operator error.  After I do intervals, I always forget to set auto lap to distance, so my next run is just one long lap.

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

Arimathea

Tessa

Lisa, is there a link for Karnel's event?

Camille, you can jump in partway through a training plan, if you need to and if you have the base and you are up to the long run distance already.

Susan, you can eat B&Js a few spoons at a time? I'm afraid that one pint = one serving in my book.

Linda, never heard of coolsculpting, good luck with it. Question: are you considering Buzz Marathon on 2/16? I'm seriously considering it, if I can drive to SLO for a 6 AM start I can surely drive to San Miguel for an 8:30 start!

4 this morning with running neighbour, she skipped the gym because she's going to a funeral today (old boss). I shall do more at lunch. Ribs are healing but lifting things is still painful so I'm not likely to do weights today.

Waving to everyone else...

Anonymous Guest

Hey all, I think I found the advantage to hard as heck speedwork - I slept like a baby last night. The only bad part was I still didn't want to get up when my alarm went off.

Today should be my only rest day of the week, but I am going to switch it out with Friday. So 6 tonight. Better weather today, plus I have a ton of stuff to get done on Friday. Later on in training I probably won't be able to be this flexible, but this week (week 2), yesterday was really my only hard run and the rest are easy, so I don't think it will hurt me.

camille, selfish me thinks you should run New Jersey! I have a feeling that there will still be a lot of devastation in the area, but the race will go on. From their facebook page: "As part of the tradition, each year the marathon donates a portion of each registration to local charities. In 2012, the marathon contributed more than $50,000. This year, a minimum of $10,000 will be allocated to “Restore the Shore,” a campaign created by the New Jersey marathon for relief, recovery and boardwalk reconstruction efforts." 

Between that and being able to throw a few tourist dollars that way, I decided running the marathon was a way to help. And back to selfish me, the elevation chart shows it flat as a pancake. Lake Wobegone looks nice too, never heard of that one before.

Linda, never heard of that before. Off to google...

Lisa, I think Sharie offered to let us use her paypal, but I don't know if anyone went back to her and said specifically, yes, we would like to do that. We have a paypal account, but it is mostly DH that uses it and it would confuse the heck out of him to start getting money. I'd be afraid with him involved (indirectly), things could get screwed up. But if Sharie's doesn't work out for some reason, we could use mine.

Ginny, I second Marjorie's suggestion of Running Warehouse for shoes. Especially if you just want to get another pair of the same model. Free two day shipping, no sales tax. If you order today, you'll have them Friday for the weekend.

crazysue, I don't get Ben & Jerry's. Containers are too small! I am more of a volume ice cream eater, and have been getting the store brand "light" kind. They say it's 12 servings, but it's really only 4-6 in my house. Serving size, 1/2 cup, right. Like that would ever happen.

Gatsby, I've watching some of the America's Cup stuff on TV. That looks incredible. We were big into sailing and racing when we lived in the area. I would love to go see that live. I would also love to run the SF marathon. I would also love to move back to the Bay Area, but that's not going to happen. You are very lucky to live where you do.

Morning Judy, Laura, Marjorie and Damaris. Or should I say good afternoon. It was morning when I started typing, at least.

Off to lunch.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Weigh in Wednesday for me....down 1.2 , not alot, but knowing I was doing this weigh in publicly today helped me to steer clear of a few things, and make some better choices...

Camille - Good job on your loss!!  I do the same thing with up and down during the week....weight can fluctuate a lot...  plus it comes off so s-l-o-w-l-y....hard not to get frustrated...

LisaMMR - I saw the FB event for Karnel....awesome.  I love the heart.  PF for you today I guess,

Judy - You are soooo busy!!!

Ginny - Nice to get your 3 in this am.  Very icy here today too.

Linda - Wow on the coolsculpting...hope it goes well.  I would LOVE to have my fat cells decreased by 25% Wink

Tessa - I must have missed something....why are your ribs sore???

Crazysue - I applaud you if you can have a small container of ice cream last in the freezer for a few weeks!!!

Karen - You crack me up with your love of ice cream!!!

LCruns - No sunday run this week Sad   It will probably be beautiful weather too - go figure!

Damaris - You don't often see "Off to court - Have a good day!" together....What kind of law do you practice/do?

Marjorie - I agree would be a good idea to check with Bill, before it is opened up.  But I would think that some of their friends, etc., might want to participate.

Gotta run - literally!

Carol

ginnyb

Karen...I think you have hit on something there ......run hard, sleep well!  I ran extra hard this morning and I really feel exhausted this afternoon and my stomach doesn't feel too well....I am hoping it is the running.

Today is my DH's and my anniversary....42 years!  Yikes!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15