Womens Running

Wonderful Friends Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

You are all wonderful friends!

Post. We are here to listen.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

MarjorieAnn3137, thank you so much for the lovely card.  :::HUG:::

Tuesday after work I did and errand, then worked on my run/cardio DVD for 50 minutes after I got home.

Thank you so much for all your kindnesses. DH was resting comfortably this afternoon when I saw him.

DS is to come home Thursday night for the long weekend. Allegra is helping sinuses more than the first allergy med.

Cardio workout today after work, nursing home and short grocery trip.

Happy runs, All!

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I did my 9 on the TM last night with 2 X 2 miles @ HMP as my speedwork.  I had to adjust the pace because my TM has me running at least 30sec slower than I would do outside, but overall, I felt great.  Pilates and a run tonight.

Judy, continued thoughts and hugs.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Whoops!  Had a "Squirrel!" moment and lost my post.  Oh well.

5 miles this morning w intervals.  Hot and steamy!!

The home made "gatorade" is basically fresh fruit juice, salt and honey.  I cheated and used frozen Meyer lemon juice (I froze in cubes last year and need to use somewhere).  I don't think I am getting enough salt right now--I really crave it.

Cramps--the soccer team used to bring yellow mustard packets for cramps.  Salt!

Tessa--I PM'd you.

Have a great day everyone!  Gotta go---I'm out of coffee!

camille2

Good morning!

I have a feel good story for you guys.  A couple years ago I wrote about Mt Marathon, the race where the runner got lost and was never found. A couple other runners had serious injuries that year including a guy who fell off the cliff/waterfall near the end.  He was an accomplished mountain runner and had a very serious head injury. He was hospitalized for weeks and the news reports sounded grim.  Great news!  He's doing well enough to come run the mountain again!  It was a  big story in the paper a couple days ago.   The conditions were deplorable that year but it's supposed to be a beautiful day on Friday. We're going down to watch again.

Here's the link.  This seems a miracle to me.

http://www.adn.com/2014/06/28/3538918/kenney-returns-to-mount-marathon.html

I ran yesterday but had to come back to use bathroom. The downside of these  city trails is no water or bathrooms and they're too busy for me to use the woods. So I traded the days and did 5 this a. m instead.  I also biked yesterday.

Waves to everyone.

annieSusan

Hi all!

i had a nice 7.5 mile run yesterday, followed by a short swim in the local pool. What a joy it is to swim outside. Today I had planned to ride my road bike, but it started to rain before I got out, so I will switch that to tomorrow. Instead I am off to grocery shop, and hopefully avoid the pre-holiday shoppers who may be out in force tomorrow.

Continued hugs to you, Judy.

Camille, I think your comments about the mind-set of the people in AK , valuing experiences rather than the perfect house beautiful, are very interesting and thought-provoking. Also cool about the injured runner having recovered well enough to run again.

damarias, glad your run went well last night.

Sue, you had a squirrel moment? Like an ADHD dog?

Hi everyone else!

annieSusan

camille2

Ginny, I thought about your cramps while I was running the past couple days and intended to suggest that you google Sweat Science columns for info. The guy summarizes the research on exercise for Runner's World and has great info.  It seems that I've read a couple columns about cramps including the importance of tapering and pickle juice working.  (Don't quote me on the last.)   You might also try  staying cool as long as you can. Remember Deena Kastor won the Olympics a few years ago on a hot day in Athens and they gave some credit to her staying cool wearing an ice vest while her competitors were "warming up" before the race started.  I used to put ice cubes in a baggie and stick it in my bra on hot days in Fairbanks.  Good luck!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2. Been working since 6 am so been a long day today. This joint venture is a lot of work but is winding down I think.

You are welcome Judy. Glad the card made it to you.

D is is the storm stirring up stuff too?  I'd imagine it could or it might make it better if you are getting rain. Just depends on if it is wind etc. We will probably only get dome light wind from it here.

Camille le that is good news.

annie Susan nice run

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Judy, glad DH is resting comfortably. Keep talking to him if you can. I hope the library is being good about time off.

Damaris, what is your HMP? I'm always curious as to what paces others run at.

Susan, there really isn't much difference between fresh and frozen juice as far as I can tell. Yummy. And I hear you on the craving salt.

Saw your PM and responded.

Camille, I remember -- so good that the runner is recovered! And that he is being sensible enough to wear a helmet. Another TBI would be very bad indeed.

They never did find that runner who disappeared, did they?

No bathrooms on the city trails? Is that because the pipes would freeze in winter? Couldn't they at least station a few strategically placed portapotties?

annieSusan, too right about the holiday shoppers eing out in force. I have to go to Costco tomorrow. Sigh. Glad you got in an outside swim!

Marjorie, there's a very bad pun in there about the PT place having a joint venture...

and hope the storm avoids you. Eery time I hear the name Arthur I think about that Dudley Moore movie from the early 1980s. That or the aardvark in the children's books.

5.4 this morning, ran longer than usual since we had a mandatory meeting at lunch. Bah. They said there would be pizza. I consider Domino's to be barely worthy of the name "pizza". So no gym. Class tonight. But I do get to work from home tomorrow!

Judy-comfortable is about as good as it gets.  glad sinuses are improving.

Damaris-Yeah for good runs!

Sue-ugh on downing mustard packets.  I'm sorry but I can't read about all of that "Gatorade" and cravings for salt without thinking margarita.

Camille-cool story!  thanks for sharing.  scary though. they do put out pickle juice at ultras.

annieSusan-I so value experiences over possessions.  probably not the best thing to tell people if I ever want them to come and stay at my house so that they can run Detroit Marathon though.  unfortunately, we are discovering dh is the opposite and getting more so with age.  I could live in a condo or camper and travel. he would like a bigger house.

Tessa-I'm working from home also.  Home in the morning then passenger seat in afternoon as we head north.

7 miles this morning with run buddy in the neighborhood.  Excited to discover that North Country Trail has a trail head less than 5 miles from where I'll be staying.  Will be doing a bit of out/back on that this weekend!

Lisa

Docket_Rocket

Tessa, my PR is 9:20mm, my goal was 9:50mm and because I am slower on the TM by 30-35sec/mile, I did 10:25mm.

Pilates and 6 miles with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page