Womens Running

Wild Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 18 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post. 

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

An interesting thing happened to me Tuesday evening. I had done two workouts. I was dizzy later in the evening. It was as if I was slightly wobbling from one side to the other. I felt it mostly visually. There were no other symptoms. Anyway, I slept really well, got up and still felt some dizziness. I went to work and in the process felt better and better. My job is very physical for the first 2 hours and it went just fine. The dizziness left.

I decided that I would call the apartment office and ask them to have the stove and furnace checked just in case. They did that and found things to be normal, no leaks, etc. A friend bought me a carbon monoxide alarm and got it ready for me. (I should have already had one of those a long time ago. ) Anyway, I told a buddy at the track about the problem. He asked me if I was hydrating enough.   Hmmmmm. I do that at work, but not so much after my exercise in the evening. He said that he gets that feeling when he has not had enough water. Last night I made sure to drink enough water. Result: no dizziness. I think I reacted because the furnace runs now, dries out the air and I didn’t replace my fluids. Lesson learned.

Tuesday I did 35 minutes at the track and then 15 minutes of fast cardio at home.

Today will be a track run and some cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Judy......glad the dizziness has apparently been explained.  I know I do not hydrate enough. I really just don't like drinking water.  I have to force myself

Did my weight DVD this morning .  Have not done weights in a year. It was rough, especially my left arm.  Amazing how much weaker it is since the wrist incident, but actually better than I thought it would be.

Work has been weird this week.  Lots of weird characters that are new to the library.  People certainly are getting more rude and demanding.  Too bad they are the ones you remember at the end of the day.  People need to chill out and go for a run!

Our local schools issue failed last night and I am so disappointed, with state cuts and lost revenue I don't know what they are going to do.  Education is so important.  Do not know where things are headed.  The older I get the more concerned I am.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Judy - Glad the dizziness went away, but the medical person in me has to say - please if it happens again go get it checked out.

Laura - Running in TC always beats running on the rail trail LOL..

Hi to all!

Trying to get myself "regrouped" after vacation.  Planning on a run after work today.  Need to get myself on a new schedule.

Carol

camille2

Judy, I'm glad the dizziness issue is resolved!

Official answer from NYC:  they do not link registrations.  They suggested once one gets in via lottery, the other person sign up via a charity. Sorry I got  hopes up.  For those who missed it, the year after I ran, a friend of my DD's ran her first in NYC with her dad and brother.  When I asked DD how they got in same year (they're not in NY), she thought they'd linked registration so that when one got in, others did.  I mentioned that a couple days ago. That's obviously not correct and I apologize for confusion.

I didn't get to run at my mom's yesterday-MD apt and too many other things to do. After all the driving and sitting, I felt like a slug when I got home, so ran in place 40 " while I watched The Voice.  (Don't judge.)   I'm going to try the golf course this a.m. With daylight savings making the a.m lighter, I should be able to get a run in before they golfers claim it.

Have a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.

Judy, that's scary!  Glad to hear it was just dehydration and nothing serious like a leak!

Ginny, sorry about the election results.  We also had some disappointing initiative losses.  Nice job on the weights.

Carol, enjoy the run post work.

Camille, she might not have known they got bibs for charity?  Or maybe back then it was possible?  Sorry.  We'll all apply and see!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Good Morning!!  4.5 miles this morning and made some scones before work.  Just a little late--don't tell anyone.  BF's ship is back for repairs (they are still trying to dock)  and they are hoping to go back out tomorrow for two more weeks.  Hope they can get the problem fixed.

Have a great day everyone!!

Hobby Jogger Especial!

Hello all. Did some core work and leg strength this morning and had a lovely walk at lunchtime. Unfortunately, I'm in one of those binge stages. Keep the candy away from me, please!!

Judy - hope the dizziness is done with.

Ginny - I hope the folks at the library chill

Carol - hope the "regrouping" goes well.

Camille - hope the golf course run goes well

Damaris - have a great workout and run

Sue - nice job on the run (and the scones!)

Arimathea

Tessa

Susan, mmm, scones. With your lovely kumquat marmalade, maybe?

So does DBF get to go home for the night, or are they not allowing shore leave if the hope is to get the problem fixed?

Judy, I would agree, sounds like dehydration. Drink plenty and also make sure you are getting enough electrolytes -- maybe eat a banana and something with salt before you work out.

Ginny, using weights should help your wrist get stronger, did you have PT after the cast came off?

Carol, what's wrong with the rail trail?

Camille, thanks for checking regarding NYCM.

Karen, hope you managed to get up and run! And that you had a nice chat with the other guy who is planning his first full. We all have to do the first one sometime!

Damaris, I think we all had disappointing election results to some extent, sorry.

Shadow, I know what you mean about trying to stay away from the candy. There is way too much in our office.

Did 3.2 this morning. RN apparently didn't get up, no text from her, so I went out by myself. Managed to get everything done and to the bus stop on time. Why are some people so rude about sharing a seat? I know I'm one of the last on the bus (near the back of the line at the last stop) but that doesn't mean that I don't want to sit down. And if the person really desperately wants a seat to herself, she shouldn't sit up front. Try sitting way in the back. I try to change where I sit so as not to target the same person each time, but there is one woman who sits in the aisle seat and does not want to get up to let someone sit in the window seat and does not want to share her seat. As opposed to the other lady that nobody wants to sit next to because she takes up nearly two seats by herself.

Hey Tessa--yes!!  Cinnamon apple scones with kumquat marmalade  -- yummy!!!

BF gets to go home since the ship is dockside.  Only lives a mile away.  Haven't heard yet if the part was in....  So, we will ride bikes this afternoon, walk dogs, etc.

Shadow--I am supposed to be doing core work 3x a week and failing miserably.

ginnyb

Shadow.....funny, I have also been in the binge mood!  I cannot seem to get full, all I think about is my next meal, LOL!

Tessa...I did not have PT for my wrist.  I was actually surprised how well it did today, I could even do about 15 pushups, and I did not think I would be able to, it was the skull crushers for the triceps that gave me the most problem, not that the wrist hurt, but my left arm was just not as strong as my right and I couldn't do as many reps.  Having not done weights in a year, I did not expect much and it was rough, but better than expected.

ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - Nice job on the weight training!!!

Tessa - I really admire your patience with commuting to work on the bus....I am so spoiled, drive about 7 minutes!  Used to drive 30 minutes, so 7 is a treat.  Nothing wrong with the rail trail - just that TC (Traverse City) is a beautiful "up north" resort area....surrounded by water!

Camille - The only "judging" I am doing, is that I can't believe you ran in place for 40 minutes!!!  Wow - that is awesome.

Dararias - Enjoy Pilates!

Crazysue - Yummy - you must really like to cook/bake....seems like you are always cooking up something!

Shadow - Candy, especially those mini-candy bars are evil!!!

Had a great run after work....50 degrees, running thru leaves.  Felt great!

Anyone with ideas or recommendations for Spring Marathons?

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, where had you in mind?

Lisa and I are probably doing Leona Divide, which is April 18, 50K in southern California. It's only about an hour from my house. Come join us!

I have heard good things about Napa though I have not done it. Ditto Avenue of the Giants.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Thought I posted. Hmm. Guess I didn't

10.1. Also had Pilates. Temps back to normal so shorts and sports bra and sweaty.

D hope the lungs continue to improve.

Judy I get dizzy if I don't drink enough water too

Carol welcome back

shadow my core work today was tough. She wanted to find new ways to torture me

Camille how is your mom doing?

Tessa how rude people can be. They aren't single seats so they should expect they will need to share!

Ginny our school issue passed. They wanted to extend the tax implemented a few years ago for another 4 years  to raise more money

Marjorie

SRD today for me.

Judy-I just saw something a few days ago about dehydration linking to heart attacks.  Drink up!

Ginny-good for you with the weights.

Carol-you'll get there with your "grouping"; yes, come and join us at Leona Divide.  Generous time limit since there is a 50 mile also.

Camille-thanks for digging into it, following through and getting back with the answer!  Luck will be on our side.  Or not.  LOL  Watching the X Factor-I don't judge.

Shadow-hope you escape the binge!

Lisa