Womens Running

Manageable Monday (Over 40) (Read 26 times)

Julie_D

Fire Jumper

I can't even believe what I'm hearing.  I'm having a hard time tearing myself away from the news to go teach my class.  Serious, serious injuries and several dead.  Nightmare.

Praying,

Julie

5K's and Obstacle Runs

Goal for 2013:  10K

Icebreaker Challenge 5K, Girls on the Run 5K, Friehofer's Run for Women 5K, Hero Rush, Warrior Dash Florida, Warrior Dash Eastern NY, Turkey Trot,  Mud Mania, and yet-to-be-decided goal 10K.

Rse

Marjorie - Impressive 10 this morning.  I peeked at your log.  Great consistency too!

ginnyb - I'm glad you went out and got a Speedy run for yourself.  Isn't that a silly error. Poor folks waiting two hours for the library to open.  I hope there was a coffee-cart or something for them.

Arimathea -- I like the way you phrase that. Long run w/bib on.  That's me alrightie.

RR - I did my :30 wog

I call it a 15-30-15 because I walk-only for warm-up and walk-only for cool-down and do my wog in the middle 30 minutes.

I was on the path when the new broke so I am just now hearing about it.

...Very sad...

Fran

Arimathea

Tessa

Oh my Lord. How awful. Looks like two dead and a lot more injured.

The Maniacs site listed 164 maniacs running. I've been cycling through various sites, it looks like everyone I know has checked in but kmany are scared and shaken up. Poor Boston.

Julia was two blocks away? *shudder*

camille2

Poor Boston, indeed.

Anonymous Guest

Heartbroken over what happened in Boston. I had a friend that finished 10 minutes before the bombs went off, one that was cheering at the finish and left shortly before it happened, and another that was 1/2 mile from the finish and diverted. A tough couple of hours until everyone I knew there had checked in. And of course the thought that if I'd qualified a week earlier last fall, I'd have been there, hopefully finished but maybe not. Going back and forth between sad and angry.

Went for an easy 6 mile run after work. I needed it. And I will be running Boston next year. Now more than ever I want a strong performance from New Jersey - hoping for a BQ - 20. I know I'm not the only one that feels this way, so I want a nice, big cushion on my BQ time.

Tessa, all the Maniacs running have now been confirmed okay according to the Facebook MM site.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Still shocked about Boston.  My friend was about .1 mile away from finish.....I was able to have contact with her immediately, (she runs with her phone) so I knew she was ok.  But just can't imagine the whole scene...I have talked with her and she is rattled, but ok.  Says she doesn't think she would ever go back and run it again....

camille2

And I will be running Boston next year. Now more than ever I want a strong performance from New Jersey - hoping for a BQ - 20

You rock, Karen!  I do hope others will feel that way.

annieSusan

I was in meetings this morning and afternoon, with just enough time in between to come home, run 3, shower, and return to my afternoon meeting, so I did not know about Boston until late afternoon. So very sad.

annisSusan

Docket_Rocket

Very sad day.  Hoping the victims survive.  So sad for the 3 deaths.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Linda

So sad..

IG profile @lindasig_runs

Headsweats Ambassador Discount Code  "LINDASIGRUNS"

Over 45 PR's:  5K - 21:21, Half - 1:39:49, Full - 3:33.47

GatsbyBird

I was useless all afternoon at work, alternating between the TV in the lobby at work and facebook and twitter and RA and elsewhere on the internet.  Very glad that everyone I know in Boston is safe, but it's a very sad day on many levels for the running community.  I was going to take a SRD tomorrow but now I think I'm going to run.

3/30/24 Rattlesnake Dick 25k, Cool, CA

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR