Womens Running

Maniacal Monday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 7K commercial fartleks.

TR - laid the hard line on him at dinner and he chose to go to bed hungry instead of trying what I made.

FR - curry chicken noodle soup

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  Did my 9 miler on Saturday on the TM (horrible) and then did 3.1 recovery yesterday.  My quads were really killing me.

BR:  Something was up with him last night.  He was fussy and arching his back constantly and would only be calmed with the boob.  Gave him Tylenol  at 1:30 and I had to wake him at 5.  Figured it out and I got 4.5 hours of sleep last night.

TR:  Ups and downs this weekend.  I lost it once on him and then tried really hard not to.  He is smart though...we were doing a puzzle, and he picked up a piece and said "look, its a triangle".  He was right! Smile  Then he came in and gave me a huge bear hug and said "I uff you mama."

NRR:  DH and I are exchanging Valentines gifts this year I guess.  I know what he got me, and am having a hard time coming up with something comparable.  Not really the point in it all, I know.  I think I am going to get him (us) a gift certificate for a couples massage.

FR:  I ate way too much last night.  DH packed my lunch for me today...definitely a man's portions.

zorbs - Good for you for standing your ground! Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - I think I'm going to run 2ish easy miles at lunch, it'll be a 6th day this week.  It's a good month to add in a day and increase mileage a bit, hills are much easier on my body than speed, I'd like to average 40 mpw in Feb.

TR - has been SOOOOO excited for Monday all weekend, today is swimming lessons w/ gma, and then she's going to gma's and is sleeping over.  She's just sad that she has to go to the dayhome first.

BR - teeth were really bugging her last night, had DH dose her w/ advil before he came to bed so that she'd sleep through (so I would sleep).

FR - leftovers or something easy since it's just O and DH and I.  I want to make another batch of frozen breakfast burritos tonight, didn't have time on the weekend.

NRR - bought a new dining room set on the weekend, listed the old one for sale but haven't had any responses, I'm guessing I'm going to have to give it away, new set gets delivered Friday.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Erniegirl

RR - 13k with 10 sets of strides

TR - Loved the half time show last night. She went right up in front of the TV and started shaking her booty for everyone. She was also spinning in a circle saying "Pirouette" Crazy! I have no idea where she learned that word.

FR - Enchiladas. I need to get the beef started in the slow cooker very soon.

NRR - Too many late nights this weekend. I slept well last night but still didn't want to get out of bed this morning. We got a lot of really heavy snow this weekend, so shoveling it yesterday was a serious workout and it looks really pretty outside now.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

Kantkatchme

Zorbs-  have a good run.  Way to take a stand!  He has to eat eventually!  When I was little I had to eat a bite of everything,  but I was never allowed somerging entirely off the menu.

mer- I think I'd go crazy on a TM!  Sorry about the lack of sleep! you have a smart cookie!  It's hard to keep your cool on no sleep!  DH and I do valentines after the 14th. Really we just get some chocolate. And share it.

Ca-  enjoy your time w O tonight.  Cute that M is so excited about swimming and her sleep over. Is she going to your mums or MIL?

Ernie-  have a good run!  my enchiladas never turn out the way I want then too.   I need a new recipe.  I hear you in the not wanting to get out of bed this morning!

~~~~

rr-  7 on sat on the trail.  I think I would be faster to walk! But it feels like a nice hard workout.  I think I'll ski today while the snow is still nice, depending on DH.

nrr-  I'm an auntie!! Sil had a baby girl on Sat.  She was induced FrI night and then had an emerg C section Sat.  Not sure of the details but everyone is ok now.

Dhr-  had to go to emerg this morning, the dr thinks he has appendicitis.

Br- so stinking cute, it's a good thing cause she is a monster without sleep.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - we do the same w/ meals, nice work!

mer - ugh on the fussy baby!  I think I ate all day long yesterday, ugh.  I always have to tell DH to make me bigger lunches Smile

ernie - S's superbowl outfit was awesome!  Hope you have a clear place for your run.

kant - M's going to MIL's house.  Yay for being an auntie.  HOpe DH is ok!!!

beckykay

RR:  Training for the Nike DC half starts today!

TR:  Lost his tv privileges last night for not listening, not a happy camper.

NRR:  DH will be gone next week.  Boo.

FR:  Omelets maybe. not sure.  We have a TON of leftover ham.

beckykay

Zorbs:  I wish I could send C to be hungry.  It doesn't work, I am too much of a softy and let him have cheerios.

Mer:  I always have a hard time coming up with something for DH.  Not a clue this year.

CA:  Jealous!  I need a new dining room set.  We just put anything we don't want on the curb and it disappears by morning.

Ernie:  Same here.  Dragging ass today....

Kant:  Ack, hope your DH is ok!  Congrats on being an Auntie.  I have one nephew that is almost 3 and then niece that is 10 maybe.  We don't live near either one which is sad since C loves playing with other kiddos.

Ok, bossman is here driving me nuts today.  I don't know how much longer I can handle this job.....

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.5 miles with EMRP yesterday. I did all my weekly mileage in 3 consecutive days and my legs are tired, so today is a RD.

TR: Talking in crazy sentences. I kinda lost it on him yesterday, he was being so defiant and no punishments or encouragements were working. We watched the game at my boss's house and he made a big mess of toys which he refused to clean up. When we got home I hauled his butt inside and put him in his jammies and told him he was going to bed (about 7:40 pm) and he cried and cried and begged to watch TV. I made him clean his whole room by himself to earn 10 minutes of tv before bed.

FR: I pretty much just ate chips for dinner.

NRR: EMRP's daughter has been watching R so I can run, so I'm taking her out for ice cream tomorrow.   Oh my stepsister got engaged to that guy she's been dating for 3 mos- she's 37 so she needs to move fast to have kids I guess.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- if R won't eat dinner, he doesn't get anything other than whatever goldfish crackers he can scrounge up.

mer- DH and I need massages really badly. THat's nice that DH packed your lunch Smile

CA- I wish I lived closer, I loved that Mid Century Modern dining set you posted on there. You should list it on the www.apartmenttherapy.com classifieds- they are big into MCM on that site.

ernie- mmm enchiladas sound delish.

Kant- oh no about your DH! I hope he's ok!

Becky- I can't wait until R is a little bit older and my words have more impact. He doesn't really understand anything that is not happening right now. If I tell him we are going someplace tomorrow, he thinks its RIGHT NOW no matter how much I try to explain that its later.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

becky - so exciting that you're doing the Nike DC half!  Booo on DH being gone.

spike - you planning any trips to banff this year?  I could put it in my garage until you're in the neighborhood....  Haven't had a single email responding to my ad yet, I checked on that apartment therapy site and there isn't anyone in my area, and I am not shipping it anywhere.  I really like the set and the look of it, but it doesn't fit with our space right now, and the chairs are very uncomfortable.

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5 miles this morning. Patches of ice all over, so annoying. I can't wait for it to just stay above freezing and to be able to run on clear roads!

TR: tried some of the spicy buffalo dip I made for DH last night. He made a face, stuck out his tongue, then reached for DH's Guiness. Haha.

NRR: a few errands and cleaning today. Play center is closed- we will go tomorrow.

Bbl for personals.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- No we aren't planning any vacations, plus we replaced the family heirloom dining set we had 2 years ago. Its beautiful though!

Kantkatchme

Becky- hope your camper is in a better mood today!  Sorry DH is away,  I don't know how you mommas do it! I'm admire all the mommas that have to solo parent.  B/sil live a full days drive (or a 1.5h flight). So we don't see them too often.  We'll probably go visit this summer to meet our niece.

spike-  enjoy your rd.  Ugh on R not cleaning up the mess he made.

rg- ugh on the ice. funny about the dip/ beer!

runninmer

CAR - I hope you  have a good run today.  I am not one to medicate, but I am SO thankful for the Tylenol that we gave H last night.  Sleeping 3 hours straight sure was a treat.  I posted my sweaters for sale yesterday and no bites.  DH thinks I put them out for too cheap, while our friends said that it was too much.  We shall see.  I would rather make a couple bucks than donate, but whatever.

ernie - I would LOVE to meet S.  She sounds like she has quite the personality.

kant - Congrats on the baby girl! Smile  Ooof...I hope everything is alright with your DH.

becky - Yay for a new training cycle.  DH keeps telling me he wants an 80" TV.  Yeah.  Not happening!

spike - Glad you are back running.  It was nice of DH to pack my lunch....it was a tradeoff.  It was 9:45, needed to be done, H was up, and wanted me.  We all lose it sometimes.  I know I did with J and it was stupid and I hate myself for it.  Alas, I am sure it will happen again.

rg - Be careful out there!  DH was always crazy about me running outside when I was pregnant.  We made beer dip last night and J loved it! He will dip in anything. Smile

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46