Womens Running

Frozen Friday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - a little bit of ST, hot tub.

RR - picking up race kits

TR - obsessed with bubbles so a shit-ton of liquid soap has been wasted the last few days.  Thinks the line on the etch-a-sketch is made by ants (crawling across the screen I guess)

FR - chicken rice, chinese eggplant with spicy garlic sauce.  Hmm I don't have chili peppers OR garlic..perhaps that should be rectified.

NRR - pedicure, my toenails are hitting the end of my shoe and hurting.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runninmer

RR:  Something after work.  I need 6.4 miles to hit 90 for the month and feel like I would be itchy if I only hit 89.  We will see.  Supposed to do a LR tomorrow but it is once again, shockingly, crappy outside so I have to decide if I am going to suck it up and run outside or run inside for 11 miles.  (Keeping in mind the fitness center is only open from 7-8:30am).

BR:  I was told he liked the avocado last night.

TR:  Was very concerned with my legs last night...he has never seen me with black nylons on before!

NRR:  Kind of cranky with DH.  He has a man date tomorrow and told me he "doesn't want to have to worry about when to be home".  NOW...I understand that nursing is my choice, HOWEVER, my WHOLE LIFE revolves around when to be home right now.  Must be nice...  Also, I picked up my new ring from the jeweler on Wednesday after it was sized.  I've been wearing it since.  He has no clue.

FR:  Paid it forward in the drive through this morning (happened to be another co-worker) and she paid it forward to the guy behind her!  Score!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

beckykay

Ok, so I am clearly losing my mind.  Ran with my watch last night.  Took it off in the car.  Went to go plug it in.....missing.  Not in my car, not in any of my bags.  Crap!  How am I going to figure out my monthly mileage if I am missing a run? :P

RR: Something to make my monthly total an even number.

TR:  Is such a sweetie.  Today was PJ day at school.  His teacher is going to love the feeted zip up when taking him to the bathroom.

FR:  Not sure yet.  I want a BLT.

NRR:  Need to make a dentist apt for this cracked tooth.  It is starting to drive me nuts.

runnergirl9508

RR: Bootcamp followed by 5.1 miles this morning. It was below zero out, no idea what the wc was- I just layered up and ran. Ended up with 152 miles for Feb. I should check back to see how it compares with running when I was pg with R. So far, I've felt great.

TR: greeted me with "Hi Mama" a hug and kiss when I got home this morning. Then said "hi baby" and kissed my bump. So sweet.

NRR: a few errands this morning, laundry and some cleaning this afternoon, and watching Greys from last night!

Zorbs- good luck this weekend! R keeps trying to play with this bubble gun that the ILs bought him for his bday last summer, but it's out of bubbles. I told him we'd get more when it warms up.

Mer- ha, I would have to run the extra to get to 90 also. R loved avocado when we gave it to him!

Becky- boo on the cracked tooth! Will it be a crown to repair it? PJ day sounds fun.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Going to do 3-4 miles + upper body lift after work. I walk funny for 2 days after I lift legs lol

TR: Haircut last night, looking so handsome and grown up. He was so excited- he knows his barber's name and is excited because the kids haircut chair is a car that makes noise when you press the horn or gas pedal. Was a good boy at the grocery store. Threw a tantrum in the bathroom this morning and banged his head on the toilet- DH and I were silenting laughing while he cried into my neck.

FR: last night was roasted turkey breast and carrots with rice + gravy and roasted asparagus. Tonight is Hot & Sour soup, I have a recipe I am excited to try. I looooove hot & sour soup.

NRR: I finally got my replacement credit card so I just bought $200 of clothes from GAP and Boden. I love Boden. I shopped clearance and final sale so I got a pair of pants, polka dot flats, a hoodie, 2 blouses, a skirt and a jacket. I should have plenty of outfit options for the wedding from that plus everything is work appropriate other than the sweatshirt. I have a lot of stuff that doesn't fit right or is getting faded and shabby looking. I measured myself and feel blah because I am an inch bigger everywhere, minimum, than I was pre-baby. Still counting calories and hoping spring will come so I can ramp up the exercise to take off the winter layer of pudge.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

E-rainrun: Welcome, congrats on qualifying for Boston. My DS did not STTN until at least 8-10 mos and didn't make it a regular thing until 12 months, and we still have trouble with him waking in the night at 2.5. I feel your pain.

zorbs- my toes are a disgrace. I need to give myself a pedi because I don't have time to go get one in the salon.

Mer- Ugh, sympathy there. I am on mom-duty so often that it doesn't even occur to me to make plans without DH. We spend a lot of time apart so on the weekends when he's home I try to do family time, but I need to make me-time more of a priority.  How long do you plan to nurse H?

Becky- LOL at the footie pajamas. I went to 2 piece jammies during PT but we are back to wearing footies sometimes now that R knows to warn me before its too urgent.

RG- I've been a wuss about winter running this year. DS not wanting to be in the stroller is a big part of that though. Oh well.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

B ate cucumber at school. *dead of shock*

mer - can you split up your run, drive to the gym early, run a bit outside and then finish up on the TM?

becky - I hope you find your watch! otherwise you could, you know, get a garmin? Big grin

rg - I'll buy him bubble solution at the dollar store when it warms up.

spike - I recently saw a recipe for Very Authentic hot & sour from Serious Eats I think, it was such a PITA with ingredients but looked so good.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

runnergirl9508

spike- glad you got your new credit card! my SIL gave me a bag of clothes for R, and there were a few adorable mini Boden shirts in there. Hope you have a great workout later! How cute that R knows his barbers name. I need to cut R's hair again too- it's getting long in the back. DH and I will sneak into the other room and laugh when R tantrums over something ridiculous. Hope your soup comes out yummy!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

beckykay

RG:  I hope not, I am tired of giving the dentist all my money.  How are you doing?  Any issues with the pulled tooth?

Spike:  LOL, I think I am going to order a stitch fix because I ended up buy a bunch of stuff on clearance because it is on sale and it doesn't look good on me.

Zorbs:  That was my thought when I couldn't find it.  If it doesn't show up I will order a garmin Wink

Time to go get C.  Only a few more hours until bossman is on vacation, wooohooo!

Oh and rant - a relative posted on FB that people need to watch what they post because there are younger people on FB....really?

superspike113

Honorary Old

spike - I recently saw a recipe for Very Authentic hot & sour from Serious Eats I think, it was such a PITA with ingredients but looked so good.

The recipe I'm using is from Food52, there aren't any super crazy dried shrimp intestines or fermented mushroom pastes or whatever specialty ingredients (I don't know if those are real things, just being facetious) you see in super authentic recipes. It looks tasty though!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Spike:  LOL, I think I am going to order a stitch fix because I ended up buy a bunch of stuff on clearance because it is on sale and it doesn't look good on me.

Stitch fix wasn't an option, first available was March 22, and I would have no time to find something to wear to the wedding on the 29th if I didn't like my fix. I ordered from GAP and Boden because I have clothes from there already that I love and am familiar with their sizing. The pants from GAP are on final clearance and not returnable, so hopefully that's not too big of a gamble. They were $23 for wool suiting pants, couldn't pass it up and I know their True Straight pants fit me nicely. Just hoping my ass hasn't gotten too fat for their pants since I bought them last Sad

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

becky - re: rant I would post something especially NSFW and wait for the "OH WON'T ANYONE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!" comments for fun.

spike - http://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2014/01/hot-and-sour-soup-food-lab.html hmm it does have chicken feet.

superspike113

Honorary Old

OMFG, my  counterpart at the other office in town is on vacation and her on-call is worthless. She has called me 5x about addcashing one check and now I have to go over there and show her how. I specifically asked Brenda to show Donna how to handle it before she left and Donna doesn't remember. GAH, she is filling in for 2 weeks.

superspike113

Honorary Old

runninmer

zorbs - Did you figure out what you are going to wear?  I think I am going to go for it outside today.  The temps aren't "horrible" and much better than tomorrows forecast.

becky - Did you find your watch?  I love kids in footie pajamas.

rg - I LOVE morning hugs.  I miss those during the week but always get one when I get home from work. That is some crazy pg mileage!

spike - I have shopped so much at Gap that I get free shipping for all of my purchases.  Yep.  I'll probably go a full year again with H.  I refuse to pump in Sept. when school starts, but he will be 11 months, so I see us weaning anyway and just doing morning and night.   I think you should still schedule a fix!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46