Womens Running

Wicked Weather Wednesday (Over 40) (Read 15 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

At least it's not November.

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Ginny, I know the fear of falling. I’m good and solid when I run, but when walking (especially on a new unexperienced surface) I can feel a little unsure on my feet.

Arimathea, fortunately they do change the directions on the track every day. Once they forgot and I let them know what they were doing to their runners. They haven’t forgotten since.

Tuesday I did 60 minutes running on the TM again. Next week I will be traveling and not always able to run (although I plan a lot of walking). Anyway, I want to get in a good bit of running before I leave.

Today I plan to do some running or cardio.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

ginnyb

Overslept a tad this morning, so did my DVD this morning weights. I am on a roll, hope I keep it up.

Bitterly cold this morning, but we aren't getting the snow here.

May I just say how much I appreciate all of you!  So great to know I can come here and share this obsession called running.  Plus being able to vent about anything and not be judged and just listened to.

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Judy - Wicked Weather it is!!!

Tessa - Astronomy class sounds like a great one!

Karen - Hope you start feeling better soon!

Did a new class at the Fitness Center thru the hospital where I work...$3 a class, can't beat that Smile  Had 40 minutes of spin, and then 45 minutes of Yoga - stretching.  Was good.  I will do it again.

Off to work!

Carol

camille2

Good morning!

Tessa, now they are saying my town will hit 9 with a "real feel" of -1 due to wind. That is cold for here, but we have temps like that a couple times a year. I'm closer to the Smoky Mountains than Florida.   Astronomy sounds pretty interesting. I hope it's a good class.

Karen, I hope you feel better!  Is it a cold or flu?

Ginny, keep rolling along. : )

Sue, I laughed about the bird in the house.  That happened here once when they were working on it, but the bird finally escaped.  It left a couple of calling cards though.

I  did manage 5 and a little core yesterday. Good workout for a change. I'll do a little core again today. I got a bunch of other stuff done, too. I need to get a project in the mail today and head to my mom's this afternoon so I'd better get busy.

Good morning!  Left knee has been sore the past couple of days so I skipped my run this morning.  It feels a little swollen on the back side.  For several days it felt like something was twisted back there.  Hopefully just needed a little break.

Last night the running club had a banquet.  Was fun, they remembered the woman who was struck and killed by a car a few months ago when walking her bike across the cross walk with the light.  I wonder if that guy was ever charged.

Temps supposed to drop into the low 20s tonight.  Cold for south Mississippi!

Stay warm!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  My 6 with 2 @ MP last night, despite being hot and humid, were great!  Glad I was able to breathe better.  Tonight, it's only Pilates.

Judy, that is great advice (to switch track directions every so often).  Have fun on your trip!

Ginny, nice WT.

Tessa, what Carol said!  Sounds like it would be interesting.

Carol, nice job on the class.

Camille, nice 5 and core.

Sue, enjoy the cold front!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Anonymous Guest

Feeling better today, but probably still a couple days out from any activity. At least this lack of appetite is giving me a jump start on the weight I need to lose! I slept in an extra half hour this morning, which was awesome, but then had to deal with much more crowded train (a good reminder of why I come in early!) and had to stand all the way in. At one point I broke out into a sweat and thought I was going to pass out, but I survived. Then had to walk the four blocks to the office in 23 degrees and even more chilled by sweating! But I have a meeting with the new boss this afternoon where I'm planning to tell her I'm moving in two months, so I really didn't want to postpone!

Reading all the posts and responding in my head.......because it's a lot of work to type everything out here.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, sorry you still don't feel good.

Crazysue, take care of that knee!

Carol, nice class!

Pleased to report that DS liked the astronomy class much better than the Spanish class. He has a logical mind and I think he'll do well with something like astronomy that makes sense and can be ordered and predicted. (Well...except for comets and the odd meteorite, but those are explicable anomalies, if that makes any sense at all.)

3.8 this morning, then 7.07 on the TM at lunch.

Camille, that's COLD! Wrap up warmly.

Ginny, Judy, Laura, Lisa, and others in the frozen tundra, take care of yourselves.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Busy day today with therapists being whiny so I was helping them. I mean doing their damn job.....

but it it had to be done and their are strict timelines to get some of this in!

Ran 6.4 earlier

Tessa glad he liked the new class. I'm still watching to see what the weather will be. We will know by Monday and have a pretty good idea what it will be.

Ginny we are always here!  I love having this group too!

Carol spin is tough!  I wouldn't want to do it

Camille it is funny here our temp will maybe get to feels like 9. Not any negatives. That is pretty cold but not to necessitate closures. Yep, they are closing stuff. We have 0 chance of precipitation.

Karen hope meeting the new person went well!

Marjorie

No outside running here, that's for sure.  Looking at 4 degrees with feels like of -14.  They may cancel schools.  We'll see. By noon we'll be up to 6 with feels like of -13... at noon.  Will be staying in for lunch as well.

Damaris-now would be a good time to give us temp reports from Miami.... we may say we hate to hear them but it's good to know it's warm somewhere.

Marjorie-I do know that down there you have things freeze up easier though since not built to withstand.. is that why they close things?

Tessa-well you can't say that your son has his head in the clouds since Astronomy is above them.

Karen-hope you feel better soon.  I'm still sounding like a lung is about to be coughed up.

Sue-hope that knee feels better!

Camille-cold is cold.  stay warm.

Carol-that is a good deal!

Ginny-I appreciate this group as well... not many other places can we complain about not getting enough miles or being sidelined because of an injury.

Judy-have a great time on your trip!

Lisa