Womens Running

Wandering Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 341 times)

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- my BFF once was cooking dinner and saw her kid drag a stool into the other room. She didn't think anything of it until she heard a weird "Shhhwing-shhhwing" noise of metal on metal. Yeah, her kid was standing on a stool sharpening knives (I think he was 2 at the time) just like daddy used to do in front of him.

runnergirl- Do you think you will go to work for her since you're only a per diem employee anyways?

Bermy- DH and I don't go to work events because we don't want to have to pretend to like people. I need a coach to whip my butt into shape. I never do speedwork. Ever.

Jen- R bit a girl's finger at daycare and almost drew blood. So yeah, it sucks when your kid is the aggressor. He was trying to take a toy away from her by force and she wasn't relenting. At this age its hard to discipline them- daycare lady does a modified time out where she plops him at the end of the dark hallway and usually he's calmed down by the time he makes it back into the play area.

cmgroff- i can't imagine how hellacious it was to get the stomach flu at your stage of pregnancy, you can't even bend over the toilet properly.

shelbyjo- I have never had luck with VS bras. What size do you think you are? Whatever you think you are, you are probably a smaller band and a bigger cup size. I wear a 32D which is impossible to find in the store so I order all my bras online. Le Mystere brand is my favorite, but I'm too cheap to buy them at full price so I get them on stores like Zulily/6pm/ebay. Sites like www.herroom.com and www.figleaves.com have really great selections and tutorials on how to ensure the proper fit.

cx2- To each their own, but I think daycare is good for kids. I was raised by a SAHM and then she opened her own business so basically we just ran around like feral children LOL. It would have been nice to have more friends to play with other than siblings and my parents didn't really play with us much. R loves daycare and is so excited to go every day. I would probably feel different if he had a meltdown when I dropped him off each day, but he's been going there since he was 8 weeks old and its like a second home to him. I do understand the cost issue though, I have extremely cheap daycare because I live in a rural area, and I sometimes wonder how people who make less than we do can afford to have kids in daycare and we only pay ~$500/month.

mer- yay for 100 mile month! Glad its something that's easy to fix! Did he tell you to rest and let it heal? I had McDonalds for breakfast too, but I don't need it Smile Maybe you need to eat McDonald's twice a day like my boss, he doesn't have any problems with being too thin...

mzm- bookclub is a week from today. The book is 400+ pages long and I have read exactly 7 pages so far.  R has zero patience for the shape sorter, if it doesn't go in within 2 tries he starts throwing the pieces. He's playing with megablocks and will build a ridiculous tower that isn't stable so it falls over and he flips out. He is his father's son.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

mrszackmorris

leelee: i actually really enjoyed running with her. It gave me the opportunity to just run and enjoy it rather than worry about my time or distance.see my response to twinmom/shelby about the book.

jen: ran at 6 this morning. It was freezing and dark but it felt good to get it done early in the morning. Although i am sure to hit a wall at 2 or so...but that is what cherry coke is for i suppose. Followed my run up with 2 donuts...must stop buying donuts! I will send you some recipes. I actually asked for a  recipe binder for christmas to organize them all. I lol'ed at your eating for 1.5 description!

superspike113

Honorary Old

Banshee- I told most of my family not to buy R gifts. He doesn't need anything and we don't need the clutter.

twinmom- have you had your thyroid checked?  I have a tendency towards hypothyroidism and it makes it impossible for me to stay awake.

CA- How much snow did you get? I don't mind pushing the stroller in snow as long as its only a little bit. I actually love running in snow.

Lee- glad you and DH had a good talk. I haven't bowled in a few years, I'm terrible at anything that requires a ball.

eh!- Sorry you're sick, feel better soon.

Jen- I served on a jury a few years ago. The case was a guy who got a DUI on a motorized scooter. It was pretty entertaining and I thought going through the judicial process (as a non-criminal LOL) was a cool experience.  I think we are going to Iphones when its time for us to upgrade again.

Rocky- R loves playing ball too. I need to buy him a smaller ball though. Yay for words! She will be a motormouth in no time.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - we have 4-6" total on the ground and just an inch or so of fresh snow.  The biggest thing is that the park I run in is down a big hill that is always icy, I hate pushing the stroller down and then back up again after the run.  I just need to do it though and stop whining.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

twinmom_112002

spike: I had labs 2 years ago and everything was normal except my vit. D levels. Always amazed that my D comes back insanely low because I run outside and don't wear sunscreen (despite my melanoma history....bad on my part).

Jen: I love jury duty...its like a free day to sit and do nothing but read. I only served on one jury and it sucked. It was a guy stalking a woman but there wasn't proof beyond a resonable doubt even though we knew he had done it. We couldn't convict him.

BermyHorse

These ads keep confusing me. I see the pics of models and think – ooohh, which one of you girls is that one? After the pic of arm a few weeks ago and zorbs’ very cute hair, you never know.

DS: took him to the national gymnastics association centre. On weds a.m. they have toddler free-for-all and you can take your toddler and let them loose on everything (obviously sign a waiver). DS LOVED it – he was running up and down the tumbler runs and climbing on the beams etc. I am sure it is not at all safe, but he had a whale of a time. He is completely busted and napping. I took advantage and cut his toenails whilst napping. Ingenious. Only time the little squirmy snuggler would ever have his feet still.

Zorbs – re. your laughing at my puking comment – I don’t take myself seriously at all, so I never expect anyone else to. Laugh at me all you like. I am glad to have brought a smile to someone’s face. What colour/design are your nails today then? Good luck with that DH and man cold. Are you sleeping any better?

Rg – when is your next race? My coach was very sweet – we could see the other girls running really fast but she still yelled things like “time is looking great”, “same again”, “you’re having a great session”, etc so everyone could hear and that made me feel like I belonged.

Jen – you asked how I survived with vertigo and 5 days of single parenting. Well – I slept whenever DS slept, then I bf’d a lot as DS was sick and nurses like a newborn. Then I lay down when he wanted to do reading and playing on a cushion. That helped. Then I ran and walked everywhere holding onto the stroller. And that really helped instead of driving. I also had no choice so I think that helped too. I just sucked it up. And when I puked DS was in bed so I wasn’t having to parent and look after myself at the same time. Glad you are having great weather. Oh and most hotels have sofa beds and there will be a removable mattress on that for sure. Oh and spoon – DS needs to have the spoon pre-loaded although he tries to load it up himself. Then he grabs it and shoves it into his mouth. Then slaps it back into the bowl for more pre-loading.

cm- glad you are feeling a bit better. I had food poisoning at 33 wks and had to go to l&d for a nst. All was well, just grumbly uterus but it is still scary when you want your LO to hang out in there for a little longer. DS stayed until 42 weeks! So much for the ‘little longer’.

Shelby – houses just weren’t quite right – I think location had a lot to do with it – DH doesn’t want to commute more than a few miles so he is right to be picky.

Cx2 – how do you feel about your mom helping you with day care? Could you be a sahm? Jealous of you girls who can eat whatever you like. I put on weight just saying the junk food titles not even eating them…

Mer – glad your doc is a runner. That’s half the understanding battle right there.

Mrszm – ha ha on ex girl. And I bet it matters that you are prettier than her too. Oh even though you are a grown up woman and have a fully established family. We’re funny aren’t we?!

Banshee – do you do any speedwork?

Twinmom – what was your lab? DH put some offers in but hasn’t heard back. He finds it all a bit hit and miss there esp anything on craigslist. And the realtors were all showing the same properties. He is back now and coming to his work kids xmas party. He hates these things more than me.

CA – flying with 2 on your own - wow is all I can say to that! Although running in FL in March will be awesome! My coach has a house in Vancouver where she plans to move to. So, same country… just miles away. Hope I can find someone equally as inspiring in TN.

Lee – I am so glad you feel better about things. Glad you could talk to DH and he reassured you. Schmarming is my made up slang word for being socially nice to people when you really don’t want to but feel you have to. I am so blunt and direct I hate it. I avoid it.

Spike - good luck on people with house. Thanks for updating me on your wellness. Sounds a it better on the bcp. I was reading an article in the new clean eating magazine about foods which can help if you have cysts on ovaries. I’ll find it and type out some of the foods. You probably know all that though as you’re so savvy and with-it. About your outfit for the party – I thought you could go for something more figure flattering – show off that running body!

Eh – hope you are feeling better. Miss you and your love of running and eating well.

Rocky – cold weather and preggo sounds quite nice actually. 

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

superspike113

Honorary Old

Twinmom- do you take a vitamin B supplement? Vitamin B helps you absorb/retain iron. Just a thought. If you take calcium you should always take it with magnesium too otherwise it doesn't really work, and its specifically Vit D3 that you get from sunlight, so you can be low in other types of vitamin D even running without sunscreen. My mom used to own a healthfood store and I ran it for her in High School so I know quite a lot about supplements.

CA- Hmm yeah that would suck. Even my flat route is not very flat, but I don't ever take the stroller downtown in crappy weather because the hills back up to my house are wicked steep.

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I would love that information from your magazine. I know its really bad, but I've had zero energy and it makes me not want to eat well. I'm trying to eat less white stuff but I haven't had a lot of appetite period (and yet I'm not losing, bleh!).  AF came today and I made an effort to be really nice to DH last night, I apologized for my moodiness. I've been having.. not really pain, but sensations? I guess where my ovarian cyst is, so it worries me that it might burst soon. If it hasn't shrunk or has grown at my next ultrasound, I'm going to look into getting it removed just to get this crap over with.

BermyHorse

spike - The article is in Clean Eating Magazine Nov/Dec 2012. (Please don’t sue me people – I am promoting your magazine here… and have legally cited you and love you and cook from your magazine all the time). It says “if you have PMS, ovarian cysts, breast cancer or other conditions that might become worse with estrogen – you may wish to consume more of these foods - Foods with estrogen inhibitors: pears, buckwheat, millet, onions, corn, figs, tapioca, citrus fruits, grapes, cabbage, broccoli, green beans, melons, pineapples, berries, squashes and fruits (except apples, cherries, dates, pomegranates)”. Also, from having my left ovary removed when I was 19, don't rush into any surgery - it's huge and can affect just about everything.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

jmmiller

NRR: I have been up for what seems like forever but I'm still late to post.  What is up with the little ones double teaming me when I'm a solo parent for the week?  Super early wake ups for both of them, a long morning and then when I try to go to work I get meltdowns. I feel bad because my fuse is really short right now so I don't react as well as I should.  My hat is off to all single moms.  It has to be the hardest job ever.

RR:  5 miles before I get the kids.

5K - 21:44     10K - 44:54     15k - 1:09:37     HM - 1:39:05   Marathon - 3:28:48

superspike113

Honorary Old

Bermy- I already eat a lot of those foods, so that's good. Melons aren't gonna happen though *barf!*.

Trail Monster

Not much time to hit everyone I missed. Sorry!

CAR - Ash doesn't regularly nap anymore. It's super crazy because she's only 27.5 months! She happened to fall asleep today while I was running which helped but I can't depend on that.

Bermy - I did 20 x 1 minute at mile pace yesterday with 1 minute at recovery pace in between. Today I did a steady state run at 9:40-ish average pace. Last week it was 6 x 2 minutes at 5k pace I think. I try to mix it up with speed work, stamina, and endurance workouts. Tomorrow is a rest day then Friday I will be doing 2 x 15 minutes at 5k pace. Then either Saturday or Sunday (probably Sunday) I will do 13 slow miles on the trails. I usually throw in strength training too but working second shift this week is messing up my ability to get to the gym.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

sorry, no time for personals! *waves* I did not sleep well last night so I really must nap!

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

I was already to head out with the stroller, dressed, stroller upstairs, and MIL texted and said she would stay for a bit with the girls when she drops M off, if I have anything I want to do - SOLO run!  YAY YAY!!  Now I can go put laundry away, and get stuff done, and then run outside in the snow alone... Smile

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Leeleeche

Jen - the bowling thing is actaully a fundraising tournament for work. I am a terrible bowler but it's always fun! Yes, DH always wants to help and at first he came on a little too strong, but then he changed his tone to the point where I could listne instead of just being resentful. 

Banshee - wow, I saw your post on fb and assumed you had Ash in the stroller. There is no way in heck I could run on the tm while J is home, she always climbs on with me. It is great that you can do that, a few pauses is totally worth getting the workout in.

twin - great job on the kids buying books with their own cash! DS put some on his Christmas list and I am always happy to see that. 

CAR - your trip sounds great but omg! 2 kids by yourself!! I am still putting off the flying with DH and 2 kids. We are going to do it next August to meet up wtih my parents. At least J will be 3y3m byt then, hopefully she'll watch movies by then. Wow! Nice job on the sleep little O!

spike - I can't say I hate Jury duty either. It was quite pleasant the last time except I was 6 weeks pg and very neaseous. It was nice to sit around for 3 days though.

eh! - feel better!

rocky - someone got J a winter coat for Christmas last year. We don't need it at all! I would send it to you but J loves it. It's pink with a fur around the hood and she will use any excuse to wear it.