Womens Running

Welcoming Friday (Over 40) (Read 19 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Yesterday I did a cardio DVD with running. The cold thing has me in its clutches and I am low on energy. Chills on and off are a weird symptom of this bug. I'm drinking loads of water with an expectorant and it is helping the cough.

Today I plan a similar workout. Hopefully my energy level will go up.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

camille2

Morning!  Hi Judy!

Lisa, good luck with the interview.

Laura, I sure hope your new partner works out.  It's time for you to have some good work karma.

Karen, on the husband parent visit, how about a compromise, esp since you don't get much vacation?  You could go for a 3 day weekend, then he could spend time with his parent's  talking about you for a few days.  (Kidding.) I remember dreading visiting hubby's dad who lived on a farm in rural GA-nothing to do and he remarried which meant there was a stranger in the mix.  However,  I hate thinking my DD and hubby might feel that way about visiting me.

Tessa,  it does sound like a crazy busy life!

Demaris, get well soon.  Colds are the pits.

Marjorie, I hope all the auditor stuff went ok.

Carol, at least you're finishing your charts!  I know the patients appreciate it!

Sugarland, hi!

Ginny, it even snowed here Tues., just scattered flakes but it is late March! It was mid 20's the next morning. I don't know how that affected the trees in bloom, but I imagine the pear and apple trees could have been hurt.

Cindy, I keep getting 10 miler emails.  I hope your training is still going well!

Hi to everyone else!

I have been doing something everyday. I did a run/walk at Gibbs Gardens yesterday. Walked where other people were and ran when I was in a quiet area.  If you're ever in the area in late March, the daffodils are worth a visit...hillsides are covered.  So nice! It's pouring today so I'll bike or do stairs later. I have to call IRS today with a question. I'm charging the battery now so if I'm hold half the day, I have a chance.

Good Morning!  I am enjoying my rest day.  My coach sent me a plan for the weekend--eating, resting, and marathon pacing strategy.  Fingers crossed for a good run.  Having a plan really helps.

Judy--hope you start feeling better soon.

Camille--Hi!  I pin basted two quilts last night.  I want to try quilting them on my home machine.  I have done it before, but am hoping I can get better results this time.

Pouring and storming here.  Hope y'all have a great weekend!

Anonymous Guest

Susan, your race is this Sunday, right? Have fun and run fast (traveling/working this weekend so I don't know when/if I'll be online).

Camille, that's a good idea about DH going for longer and me just flying in. It's not that I don't like his mom, it's just boring as all get out and I sit there annoyed that I'm "wasting" precious vacation time. And while I did bring up "when's the last time you went with me to my parents' house?" - for the record it was two years ago and he was pissed he had to go because he wanted to do a bike race that weekend, but my dad wanted to do a family picture "before he died" - I get bored there after a couple days too. Although Ginny posted a sweet-looking half marathon at Cedar Point the weekend before the 4th of July on facebook, so if I do agree to go, I could at least do that.

Judy, feel better! Maybe consider skipping the workout and getting some extra rest?

Not sure what I'm going to do workout wise today. I did run 11 yesterday. I may try to squeeze in the speedwork from the other night, I may just run a few easy miles, I may ride the bike if it's raining. Depends on how long it takes to get everything else done I guess. I'm leaving work a couple hours early because we have to get the dog into the kennel (DH is racing out of town this weekend, so Jake still has to go to jail) and drop a car off at the shop. And I have to figure out what I'm wearing for three days of meetings. Even though it's in Florida and we say business casual, staff still has to dress in business attire.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Bikerchick1

Judy - sure hope that cold goes away!

Camille - Yes, the charts get done.  EMR has been good in some instances, but unfortunately it is all about making sure that all the right boxes are checked so that all the government mandates are met Sad    Not at all about patient care...medicine has sure changed.  can't believe you had snowflakes!

Crazysue - When is your marathon???   Enjoy eating and resting Smile

Had a great speedwork session with RB last night!  Spin class tomorrow and LR on Sunday.  Today is Aly day....so 4 year old cross training for me!

Carol

camille2

Sue, good luck and have fun  this weekend!  Eating and resting...I'm well trained for that part. : )  Good for you for basting and trying to quilt at home. I just took a class at my shop on machine quilting on home machines. Like you, I've done it, but have never been  happy with how it turns out. I just finished a baby quilt last night and plan to try again.

Anyone else racing?

Carol, enjoy Aly.  It interesting to be a pt with EMR. My doc gets most things in pretty quickly, but my mom's record is a challenge and she has a few docs I try to get records for.  We love her doc, but that office seems so unorganized.  I took  a urine specimen a few weeks ago and when I asked the lab about a missing stool specimen result, it was still unopened in the stack to be done. We'd taken it 3-4 weeks before.  For her, it wasn't a serious...she'd had a repeat CBC which was stable, but other pts.?  I did talk to office manager.   I wonder if the EMR is overworking them so much.  The urine I took, they called and said negative after I called and asked, but no result in record.

Karen, good luck on the in-law visit.  DH and I had same issues with being bored at each other's parent's homes, but ours were just a 2 hour drive apart. We would spend a night or two at one, then the other, then split up.  One of my biggest regrets is making him to come to GA as much as we did, since I wanted to visit more often. He really didn't enjoy it and now I think of the other things he could have done with that time.

My IRS call took about an hour, not bad considering I couldn't figure out how to get a real person for the first 15 minutes and made a few calls trying different options.  FYI,  don't pick an option, just hold till they transfer you.  Then I had to talk to 2 departments.  The first was helpful and easy, but the one in the corporate section was nice enough, but must have OCD.  I read address "E 40th" and had to repeat 3 times before I figured out she wanted me to add "Ave."  The conversation continued that way. Despite having the Tax ID and being person linked to acct, I even had to dig out late hubby's SS and court paperwork for the exact entity name, which she didn't like. Turns out the court official name is longer than the name on the tax forms!  At any rate, I finally confirm what I suspected. They had credited 2 estimated payments to wrong acct with duplicate payments on one acct and none on other.  It shouldn't be an issue now that I know what's on each.. Sorry....I got long winded!

Have a great day. I have to get busy!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles with 10 X 100m tonight.  First time doing "speed" work since January.

Judy, Sorry you're still ill.  Get better.

Camille, good luck with teh IRS.  Nice runs.

Sue, enjoy the rest.  Good luck!

Karen, enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Carol, nice workout.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

9.6 for me today.

Camille yep. They passed no deficiencies.

Carol ol I agree documentation now is more. Meeting the regulations than actually providing treatment.

Marjorie

Carol and Karen--Zydeco Marathon is Sunday in Lafayette, LA.  Looks like weather will be good.

Had to share--guy I kayaked with sent me flowers for my birthday...

Docket_Rocket

Carol and Karen--Zydeco Marathon is Sunday in Lafayette, LA.  Looks like weather will be good.

Had to share--guy I kayaked with sent me flowers for my birthday...

Good luck!  And awwww.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Bikerchick1

Crazysue - Good luck on sunday!!!!   How sweet on the flower from the kayaking friend 

Damarias - I am so impressed on your recovery!

Marjorie - It is so frustrating isn't it, how the EMR is totally focused on "clicking boxes" and not time spent with patients.  Nice on the 9.6

Karen - Are you getting excited for Boston????

In my quest for cross training I went to a class at the fitness center.  Have a feeling my arms will be sore tomorrow.  Kind of an all over work out.  Really enjoyed it.  Very low key.

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I just wanted to dive in and say a quick hello before we leave for Disney in the morning! I've been reading everyone's posts and keeping up; it's just been so busy getting work wrapped up and getting the kids ready to go that I haven't had time to post. Have a great weekend everyone-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

Arimathea

Tessa

Camille, that's what my parents did when we visited family in England. My dad and my mother's mother didn't get along, so Mum and the kids went on ahead and visited her parents for a week, then Daddy flew over separately and we spent the rest of the time visiting and holidaying as a family. We just assumed that Daddy couldn't get much time off work.

Crazy day. And I spent part of it in the urgent care having my knee X rayed. I fell at the gym. Was OK afterwards but it stiffened up and by 3:30 I couldn't put any weight on it. Boss drove me to the clinic in our area (nicely close to his house) and after X rays and exam they determined that nothing's broken, so was told to take ibuprofen, ice it, and rest for a week. Lucky am I that tomorrow's workout date is walking not running. It feels better with the brace on it. Also lucky that I didn't break any teeth. This was a classic face plant.