Womens Running

Find some Fridays (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Post!

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dogs were up at 330. Not sure why. Quincy is my sleep in doggy. I didn't run yet as they were hearing something. If I'd left they'd have started to bark and wake dh up. and I didn't need to leave at 345 to run. Dh alarm just went off so I can leave now.

Marjorie

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hi MarjorieAnn3137, ahh, the guard dog! Smile

Thursday I did 45 minutes on the track with my music. Soup work got done after I was home. Crock pot is ready for overnight cooking tonight.

Track run or cardio after work and grocery.

Happy runs, All! :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

Morning Smile

Wow, what a pretty full moon this morning - 4.3 solo miles.  I have a work training this morning then a new employee meeting this afternoon for paperwork etc...looking forward to an 'easy' day!

Marjorie - rise and shine, doggies!  Hope you had a good run

Judy - I love the crock pot!

Bikerchick1

Morning Ladies!

I'm back from conference in Vegas.  My friend and I rented a car and headed out to Valley of Fire....I can't describe how awesome it was.  We hiked 2 afternoons thru the beautiful rock formations....just breathtaking.  Much prefer that to the noisey Strip.  Did a quick 3 miles yesterday am, lots of runners out.

LCruns - Hope your job is going good!

Marjorie - Ugh on the early am doggie alarm!   I don't know how you travel so much....When is your marathon?

Judy - Yum on the crockpot!  Nothing like having something cooking all day waiting and ready!

Haven't been able to keep up while I was gone so don't know what has been going on????

Trying to get myself packed and ready for Columbus on Sunday now Shocked

Carol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Carol marathon is Nov 10th.

When I travel I do get up around 330 or 345 so my body can handle it. Just hadn't planned on getting up that early today or I would have gone to bed before 1030

Laura the moon here was super bright. I thought the neighbors had their back porch light on when I went to let the pups out. Surprise it was the moon!  Was nice to run under though.

Did run another 12.5.

Marjorie

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, Valley of Fire is one of my favourite places around Vegas. They used to have a full, now it is a half only but still lovely, starts at the visitor center and goes north to White Domes and then back. Glad you liked it!

Karen, wow on the PR! Your report was great. I think I would like to do either Mohawk-Hudson or Corning as my NY marathon.

Lisa, RN = running neighbour but you already knew that! Yes, we are gluttons for punshment and I know you'll be back running soon.

Laura, it is a gorgeous moon.

Marjorie, sorry you were woken by doggies. Want to trade for being woken by whiney husband?

Good luck back at work Damaris. Is there an office contest to see who has the most emails?

Judy, enjoy your soup. I am sure it is scrumptious. None for me, thanks, due to the beef, but it sounds like something DD would like.

5 last night before choir practice. 5.4 this morning. I woke up a little late (sleep interrupted repeatedly last night) but decided to run anyway, and I wasn't that late for work. Leaving this afternoon to go stay with DH while DS goes to a workshop.

YAY Friday!

Anonymous Guest

I was able to get my butt out of bed this morning and run 5 miles before work! Until I start my next marathon training plan, I am going to try to run twice a week before work, ride my bike on the trainer twice a week before work, and get an extra hour of sleep one day a week. Will probably run on at least one of the bike days and sometimes the sleep in day after work.

Job is going great and the commute hasn't been bad. I was wondering what it would be like once the government shut down was over - a little more crowded but not bad. I don't think everyone is fully back to work until next week though, so will have to wait and see.

Carol, are you getting excited about Columbus? Sounds like your Vegas trip went well.

Marjorie, silly dogs! Nice run at a more civilized hour.

Laura, the moon was bright out this morning. Here it had rained overnight, was about 45 degrees, the sky had cleared up and I determined running before work might not be so bad.

Tessa, thanks. I would highly recommend Mohawk-Hudson. I've heard good things about Wineglass as well. Those were the two on my short list for New York as well. I've never been interested in NYCM, but I looked at their time qualifying standards, and I now have both a half marathon and full marathon qualifying time to get in without the lottery.

Oh, and I always think you're running with a nurse at first and then correct myself - no, it's her running neighbor - like Lisa does. Too funny.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Hi!  Survived the colonoscpoy this morning.  The prep is AWFUL!  Procedure was no big deal, but my appointment was not till 1100 and I was so hungry and thirsty.  No polyps, very healthy colon.  Come back in 10 years.  Smile

I took yesterday off and did get alot of sewing done before I spent an inordinate amount of time on the potty.  So glad that is over.

How long do you wait to run after that procedure?  I would have asked but I know I am the only runner patient, so they would not really know.  There is a 5k tomorrow night.  I may just go for the beer.

Karen--loved the RR!  Again, you are awesome!!!  Congrats!!

Carol--is today your birthday??  Have a great day!

Tessa--I hope things are going a little better at home.

Have a great day everyone!!

Bikerchick1

Tessa - Valley of Fire - that would be quite the hilly/scenic half!  I think White Domes was my favorite hike that we did.  I always think you are running with a nurse too LOL....   Sounds like not much change in DH's status?

Karen - I am getting excited about Columbus.  I am going to miss the fun FE we had in Detroit last year - that made that race so fun!  Glad your job is going well.  I haven't had a chance to read your RR...I will though Smile

Crazysue - glad the Colonoscopy is over!  The prep is the worst...ugh.  You should be fine to run tomorrow....or a good excuse if you don't want to LOL....  (yes, it is my birthday)  there has been so much going on hardly have thought about it!

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Carol, it's a hilly/scenic half, even more so for the full. Did you drive in through the north or from the east? If the north, you were on the second half course. Rather than stop at the visitor center it continues, turns north on the road through the park, and goes uphill for 8 miles (with a detour around Atlatl and Arch Rocks, where the pictographs are), up to the top of the cliff and about 1/2 mile further north, then turns and goes downhill for 5 miles since there isn't a detour on the way back. You know you are in trouble when the RD refers to the second half as "the hill from hell".

Susan, I would think you'd be fine to run as long as you don't have any sore places that would be made more sore by running. You might want to eat something before you run, though, since you probably didn't eat anything yesterday and you've used all your glycogen.

Karen, would you want to run NYCM? From what I've heard it's a memorable race but rather pricey and crowded.

Happy birthday Carol!

Bikerchick1

Tessa - I can only imagine the RD calls it the hill from "hell"....I was afraid when i was driving it Shocked   We drove all around the park, up/back and around Smile

S'pose to be finishing up packing, but can't make up my mind what  to wear....so am in procastination mode.

Marjorie-back of leg still feeling pain free. I told PT that she needs to do that to the front. weird thing is that mainly it seems like she just presses a bit on a certain spot.  Major improvement with just the front of knee pain.  nice of you to let dh sleep in.

Judy-yum slocooker going overnight.

Laura-it was an amazing moon this morning. I told dd that I wished I could have run under it.

Tessa-we just know how safe you want to be ..maybe add an MD to your running group. Valley of Fire was sort of near where we ran wasn't it?

Karen-nice plan.  I've been getting up early on the non-PT days to work out before work.

Sue-yeah for a healthy colon.

Carol-have a great time in Columbus!

PT after work today. Packet pickup for Detroit tomorrow. Yes, I am getting my marathon shirt. I don't care. Paid for it and I'll take it. Will be disappointing though.

Lisa