Womens Running

Tempo Thursday Supermoms (Read 21 times)

runnergirl9508

Morning Mamas~

RR: squeezing in 3-4 miles btw training clients this morning, planning to run them at tempo pace. it's been a while since I've done a tempo run...might add in a couple of miles with R if it's not raining when I get home.

TR: so cute and fun right now, i'm loving this age! he's loves to help me out with everything, and was so excited last night when I let him help me mix up the ingredients for corn muffins!

NRR: training at the gym for a couple of hrs, then the studio. I can't wait until my gym clients have used up all their hrs so I can finally quit at that place. Sad

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - 5K easy..I might do some fartleks at HMP if my legs feel up for it.  Last run before the HM on Sunday!

RR#2 - I played the role of LRS salesperson last weekend and fitted DH with shoes.  He wore them on Sunday and was ok but last night had to bail after 3K and walk home because his legs were hurting too much.  Guess shoe fitting is best left to professionals.

TR - put training pants on him and he promptly wet himself and got pee all over Dee Dee as well.  I gave Dee Dee a light scrub with laundry soap but he still smelled like a homeless man so DH then washed him with bleach and took forever to dry in the dryer.  Meanwhile, B would NOT go to sleep without Dee Dee and was awake until 9:30.  Oh and before that B was dumping out boxes of toys in my room and throwing balls at my head.

FR - frozen pizza, salad.

NRR - having coffee with old RP at the mall this morning, so B should be happy.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

BermyHorse

RR: easy recovery run today with RPs from Y with stroller. I run whatever I feel and is always conversational pace. RPs are all running long (12ish) as they have a half in Nov. I have a speed maintenance session tomorrow and so cannot... but I will start with them.

NRR: I am awake at 6 naturally which hasn't happened in about 2 years. Normally I am sleeping until the moment DS wakes up. I am enjoying this morning time!
        NRR2: In a dilemma. I am getting a Mirena IUD fitted tomorrow (we're one and done for now) but I can only get it inserted if I have AF as it's easier with the cervix slightly more opened at this time (I have had 3 before and this is the first time anyone has suggested this which is amazing as it makes sense - plus it's Vanderbilt women's hospital so you'd think they will know what they are doing). Well, no sign of AF or any pms. If nothing by this p.m. I will have to cancel and make another random apt for next week in the hopes that she arrives. If I get my mirena then no speed work (clearly). I have bermy5 booked and ready anyway, I would just run on sat.

TR: we went walking in the rain last night in our coats and boots and we splashed in every puddle. It was so much fun and we ended up completely soaked all over.

FR: shrimp, green beans, quinoa.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

CTimesTwo

Morning,

RR - 5km in the dark... it's the first time I've run 4x in a week since August..

TR - she finally pooped at daycare!  Yay!  I'm betting that contributed to her better after daycare mood yesterday, cuz it can't be comfortable holding it in all day like she has been... she had a hard time going to sleep though and then was up for an hour from 2 until 3am, talking to herself in her crib... and she can almost say "merci" ...

NRR - booked the afternoon off to take C to an appointment... was going to work my required 4 hours and then leave, but of course, there's a company-wide meeting being held right when I'm leaving... so now I have to stay an extra 30-45 minutes...

rg - when do you think you'll be able to quit the gym?  That's cute R can help you out in the kitchen, can't wait for C to be able to do that..

zorbs - have fun at the mall!  my DH always buys running shoes off the clearance rack even though I tell him to spend a bit more to get better fitting shoes but he never listens..

bermy - Hi!  I hope AF shows for you soon, that sounds like a hassle to have to reschedule everything..

Erniegirl

RR - Long run of 18-20k. I think I might sign up for a 10 mile race in November. I am not very well trained for it but it will be an automatic PR.

TR - Woke up was to early and just fell and hit her face on a table and it looks like she's going to have a black eye Sad This is not shaping up to be a good morning so hopefully she is not too much of a menace for DH while I'm out doing my LR.

FR - Cajun catfish, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts

NRR - Event at the new community centre was a bust. S was having a great time, running around doing all the activities, but then their popcorn maker started smoking and the fire alarm went off so we had to evacuate. The mayor was doing a speech and ribbon cutting outside but S threw a tantrum because she couldn't get back in the building, so we left. As we were driving away, numerous fire engines raced by us sirens blazing, so hopefully the new community centre did not burn down.

~~~~~

rg - So cute that R likes to help you bake. S always pulls the broom out and tries to sweep the floor. How much longer do you think it'll be before you can quit the gym?

zorbs - Have a good final pre-race run! For a minute, I thought today was Tuesday and was thinking "why is she taking four rest days before her race?" Boo to the bed time Dee Dee drama. I am thankful S has not formed an attachment to any stuffed animals. She sucks enough at going to sleep as it is.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - 10k at lunch.  Ran just over 15k last night... it's sure getting dark and cold early now!

TR - DH taught her a good lesson in how she should treat people yesterday, it's a long story but it all ended with her being able to watch the tv show she wanted, and snuggled up to gpa Smile

BR - was tired last night (I wasn't home - was running), so was in bed early.  Hopefully she naps better today at the dayhome.  Dayhome ladies son bit her yesterday Sad  She appologized and is working with him, so hopefully he doesn't target my O again.

FR - prime rib, potatoes, carrots and yorkshire pudding, oh and my mom's apple crisp for dessert.  Mmmm Smile  My mom's making everything!

NRR - my poor mom had a root canal done on tuesday and it's bugging her today, she started on her antibiotics but is in quite a bit of pain, they fly to NZ tomorrow and are gone for 6 weeks, hopefully her tooth isn't an issue on vacation!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - I presume your gym clients will continue with you privately?  As I said before, the gyms around here have non-competition contracts, so if they find out you're training the same people, they'll attempt to sue your pants off.

bermy - I had my IUD (Nova-T; copper) inserted whenever and it was not horrible at all.

cx2 - every pair of shoes I got for DH to try on the other day he said felt "OK" and the very first pair of shoes he had were from Payless..so I must have REALLY screwed up the shoe fitting if he was in that much pain.

ernie - how can I convince you to run me in the last 5K on Sunday? I could use the moral support. Big grin That's kind of funny about the popcorn maker, is the CC in East Gwillimbury?  Was the Elvis impersonator there?  There is this guy who is always an independent MPP candidate/Elvis impersonator and he likes to show up to ribbon cuttings.  I remember he was at the opening of that stand alone Manchu Wok on the corner of Green Ln/Yonge (don't ask why *I* was there), singing Elvis songs.  Is the 10 mile race Angus Glen? the hairpin turns on the hills there haven't made me eager to do another race in their series..

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - Hope the tempo goes well!  M loves to help in the kitchen, it's fun but messy!  How much longer do you think you'll be at the gym?

zorbs - too bad on DH's shoes!  M has two lambies ( they came in a pack of 2), but she can tell them apart so I still can't wash the top notch lambie at bedtime.

bermy - that's nice that you can work RP's pace with your recovery, or even warm up with them.  It's been a while since I've been the first up (on a non work day) but I do so love the quiet mornings with a cup of coffee before anyone else moves!  I had my IUD inserted at just 2 mos PP, so no AF, it went in super easily though.  Hope AF comes so you don't have to reschedule.

cx2 - yay for poop at daycare!!  I hope this helps with her grouchies at night, maybe she's uncomfortable at night from holding the poop?  I don't think M's pooped at her dayhome either yet - but she does go in the evenings.  I probably would have used the appointment as an excuse to miss the meeting Wink

ernie - hope the LR goes well!!  Sounds like a good morning to leave on a run, hope S isn't to grouchy!  Yikes on the community center!!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

beckykay

Morning!

RR:  TM after work

TR:  Had an epic meltdown.  I put DH on Skype so he could witness it as well.  I told him he owed me a spa day Smile

NRR:  Wooooohooooo!  Shutdown over, well for now anyways.

FR:  Cheddar broccoli soup.

beckykay

RG:  Corn muffins?  Is that like corn bread?  C loves helping in the kitchen.  So much fun but so messy.

Zorbs:  Yikes!  C just wouldn't go to bed, no deedee drama here.  Definitely opened a bottle of wine and all was better Wink

Bermy:  Ugh, I will send you my AF.  I have a trail half on Saturday right when mine is supposed to arrive.  Yeah, that should be fun with no bathrooms.

Cx2:  hooray for poop!

Ernie:  LOL, I hope it didn't burn down.  That is crazy.

CA:  Wow, I am coming to your house for dinner.

strollermama

bermy - That is very interesting about the IUD.  Since you have had a baby and your cervix has been opened, there shouldn't be a problem inserting it.  I didn't even feel mine go in.  Hoping your AF comes or that they agree to do it without!

5k - 21:32  FM - 3:27:40

BermyHorse

zorbs - the 2nd time I puked with the insertion as they were bandits and prodding around like maniacs.

5K 21.12   10K 50:12   HM 2:07   FM 3:50:31

armmama

morning!

RR - SRD.  I feel like I should run because the weather for the weekend looks pretty iffy but I'll chance it.  If anything I can cross train and maybe get a run in on Sunday, which doesn't look too bad right now.  I'm in taper so not stressing about missed runs.

BR - has suddenly been asking to watch a movie in the car so I'm really really hoping that keeps him entertained for most of our 4 hour car ride today.

KR - no school today or tomorrow.  It's pretty nice to sleep in.  DD3 woke me up at 2am saying her ear hurt.  I gave her some ibuprofen and she went back to bed so we'll see how she is today.  DH thinks it's from swimming yesterday.

FR - my guess is pizza, unless my dad cooks

NRR - heading up to my parent's house today.  Waiting for DH to be done with his meeting so we can't leave until this afternoon though which is fine.  It's supposed to snow and rain/snow showers so not looking like the greatest weather.  I'm bringing a book and some cozy clothes!  I'd love a nice light snowfall to run in but don't really want to run in freezing rain or anything like that.  Also supposed to go to SILs on Saturday for a b-day party so hoping the roads are OK.

rg - L loves to help too.  He got all mad yesterday when I got my own toilet paper instead of letting him get it for me.  Smile  Do you have a weather shield for your jogging stroller?  I'm debating if I should get one since it's getting pretty cold now.

zorbs - sorry DH's shoes didn't work out.  When I go to the LRS they so briefly watch me walk I always wonder if I could pick out shoes better than they can.

bermy - I do all my marathon training runs except for the  marathon pace runs at a conversational pace (I admit I talk to myself most of the time since I'm not running with anyone).  It always amazes me how some days that pace is about a minute slower than other days.  I hope AF shows sometimes so you can get the IUD over with!    Oh and I LOVE the morning times.  I couldn't sleep last night but I still set my alarm to get up before everyone else.  I'm pretty crabby if I don't get that quiet time in the morning.

cx2 - so is your doctor happy with your weight now and you can run as much as you feel like?

ernie - I love automatic PRs!  I don't put any pressure on myself for those races, it's kind of nice.

CA - aww, sorry O got bit . I am so thankful none of my kids have been biters, that's got to be tough.  Your FR has me drooling!

becky - ha, when my mom and I were driving up to WI with all the kids last summer and L was screaming his head off I called DH so he could hear.  Don't want him to miss out!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 4.25 miles last night. RP is doing a 5k here in town on Saturday but I'm not going to because I don't want to find a babysitter.

TR: Another good day at daycare. He got his popsicle and got to watch a movie with the big kids. He had a little pee accident while he was eating dinner (post reward popsicle which I gave him before we went running), so I'm not sure how to handle that? I hope he's not thinking its a free pass to peepants town once he gets his reward.

FR: Last night was mexican chicken rice bowls, tonight will be dinner out. My friend cancelled on me, I might go to dinner with some of the gals in the branches near me and skip out on the big hugfest dinner with the Spokane women. My only reservation is that I don't know those ladies very well, and my first impressions were that they were annoying girly girls. My favorite colleague is a super-cynical 50+ year old lady (she won't come up until Friday morning) who raises Highland Terriers instead of ever having children, what does that say about me?

Nrr- TMI but DH and I have been working on our relationship since we had that big fight a few weeks ago, and have gone from DTD like 2x a month to at least 2x a week. A big part of the problem with that is that I start getting sleepy around 9 pm and he waits til I'm already nodding off to try to get some, so I'm trying to initiate more.

NRR2- Going to visit one of my BFFs on Saturday. I haven't seen her since her baby was born in June and took baby photos. Her husband's scary brain pressure issues have cleared up and he's back to work, and didn't lose his vision and livelihood as a pilot.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD- Do you feel comfortable running outdoors by yourself when you travel? I'm going to bring running clothes so I can run before my meeting tomorrow AM, but I think I might just run on the treadmill rather than try to find a route by myself in an unfamiliar area.

runnergirl-Will you go totally freelance at your friend's studio once you are finished training your clients? Do you think they will follow you to the new place?  R loves to help me whisk the eggs when I make breakfast. He's very much in the "I can do it" mode and it makes him happier if I let him be independent, though usually he tries to take it too far and has a meltdown when I redirect him.

zorbs- DeeDee causes so much drama! I've had pretty good luck picking shoes via Road Runner Sports Shoe Dog, their people on the 800# are really helpful. They suggested the Nikes that DH has been wearing for years now because they are really wide but super light (well, as super light as a size 13 shoe can get).

Bermy- AF is such a jerk. Mine likes to start in the middle of the workday or while I'm running. I wish we lived near eachother, you could probably whip my butt into shape with your hardcore workouts. I'm lazy and run easy all the time. I told RP I'd sign up for the Veteran's Day 10k on the 2nd if I could get some speedwork in.

CA- Reid is a biter. He doesn't bite the babies, but once they can walk and talk some, I guess they are fair game. He's bit the 18 month old a couple times now Sad   Its totally a willfull/stubborn/not wanting to share thing and I can't really work on him at home since he doesn't have to share toys.

cx2- is C a fan of fruit? R eats so much fruit he goes like 3x a day.

Ernie- LOL at the popcorn fiasco! Likely that the community center has a smoke alarm system that automatically calls fire dispatch and the FFs show up whether someone calls 911 or not.

Becky- sorry about the meltdown Sad When does DH get home? My DH is working 6 days in a row, including a day-->night switch, and will work next weekend as well.

armama- are your parents in WI? I'm afraid to start the movie in the car thing since I have friends whose kids would turn it on and watch it on the 5 block drive to the store then have a meltdown and not want to get out of the car. I have a kindle and headphones, so if I ever do it, I will just have him watch that way.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07