Womens Running

Welcome Weekend (over 40) (Read 19 times)

Bikerchick1

Morning!

Off for run with RB!

Carol

Anonymous Guest

5 easy on the schedule today. I'm just goofing off this morning (I should start cleaning and doing chores, but I'm just drinking coffee and playing on the internet), and planning to run this afternoon. May get on the bike as well We're supposed to hit 63 degrees today! Same tomorrow for my long run. No worries though, as snow is back in the forecast for mid week.

Yesterday's run was miserable. Stomach troubles, yet every time I got close to my house it seemed like it was getting better, so I'd keep running, then I'd feel horrible again. I got all 11 miles in and the last 3 actually felt pretty good, but then I got done and broke out in a cold sweat, stomach cramping, miserable. Dinner was pretty late as I had to just lie down for a little bit. I was able to eat a little bit but ended up just finishing up my book and going to bed. Stomach not 100%, but good enough to drink coffee, so should be good enough this afternoon for what will be a very easy run.

I'm trying a pair of Hokas for today's run. Running Warehouse had them on sale so with my discount got a pair for $72 dollars. So I'll be the one out there in shorts and clown shoes!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good morning! I'm off to do a trail HM this morning on Montara Mountain.  Several RC friends will be there so it should be fun.  I've done it a few time already and know that the hills will kill me, but it will be a good training run.

Hi Carol!  Hope you had a good run thins morning.

Karen, ugh hope that the stomach problems are over!  There will be lots of Hokas on the trail for my HM today.  I'd be interested in what you think about them.

Be back later to catch up with everyone!

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning. I did 5.2. We are at the puppy pool.

Carol ol have a good run

Karen we did most the regular chores yesterday. But now we have found a bunch more we can do. Isn't that how it always is.

Gatsby have a great race!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Started antibiotics for the UTI, hoping to get relief by tomorrow.  In any event, I am OK to start walking as exercise, woot!  Not sure if I will, though, until I get relief from the UTI, so we'll see.

Carol, enjoy the run!

Karen, that is a nice deal for the Hokas.  Nice 5 especially after such a tough run yesterday.

Gatsby, good luck!

Marjorie, nice 5.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Whew, finished the HM.  2900' elevation gain and my legs sure felt it.   Very fun, low key, no stress trail run with lots of RC friends doing distances ranging from 10k to 50k.  And a beautiful day to be out for a run, sunny with temps in the 50s.  Will be doing another 13.1 trail run with different RC friends tomorrow morning.  Not sure what possessed me to decide to do both things, but it will be a good weekend of training before tapering for Antarctica on March 8.

Marjorie, funny how chores can appear to fill any extra time we might have.  Hope Hammy had fun at the pool.

Damaris, sorry to hear about the UTI but glad you're continuing on the road to recovery and cleared to start walking.

Hi to everyone else!

Bikerchick1

Karen - Sounds like a miserable run yesterday!  Will be curious how you like the Hooka's.  New shoes are always a mystery!

Gatsby - Hope you had a fun half on the mountain!!!  Sounds wonderful.

Marjorie - Seems like chores NEVER get done!  My fear during my "staycation" this week, is that I end up doing chores the whole time.... and I don't want to do that!

Daramaris - Sounds like your recovery is going smoothly, except for the UTI...boooo.  Nice that you can start walking already.  But do take it easy!

Had a fun 6 miler this am.  Beautiful blue sky, 20's out, but wind chill 9.  So windy it literally took your breath away.  Doing 10 tomorrow with RB's, and similar forecast...geesh.

So decided against Hansen's for marathon.  I just don't think I can handle 50 plus miles on my "old" legs.  I have been following a Hal Higdon Intermediate, and I keep coming back to it, so will just go with it.

Carol

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen, hope you feel better. Tummy troubles are miserable.

So are UTIs, Damaris -- hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

Marjorie, chores do seem to expand to fill all the available time and then some.

GatsbyBird, glad you enjoyed your half.

Carol, try to avoid making your staycation just a morass of chores.

12.5 today, split into severa short out and backs from my house because I was cooking chicken for 70 so started the first lot in the oven before 7 AM. I had to do the chicken in three separate batches, then do biscuits and broccoli casserole. The shelter clients were very appreciative, though, especially of the bananas Foster! (I had bananas to use up. And no I did not dump rum in it and set it on fire.)

camille2

Morning!

Karen, was your tummy better on the 5 mi run?  I'm also sitting drinking coffee when I should be getting busy cleaning. I haven't put away things from my stay with my mom plus I cooked for a group last night and part of the dishes are still in the sink so the place is a wreck.  There are downsides to the open concept.

Gatsby, that's an impressive elevation change in 13 miles.  Well done!

Marjorie, chores are never ending. I got home from my mom's around noon yesterday and have all my things to put away then I cooked for a group last night. Part of the dishes are still in the sink so the place is a wreck.  There are downsides to the open concept.

Carol, have you planned something fun every day?  Enjoy the stay-cation!

Tessa, I thought Bananas Foster was by definition rum set on fire.  : )

Lisa, how is your knee these days?

DR, hope your UTI doesn't get bad. Are you on AB's?

SRD yesterday and plan to try two today plus walk to max of 3.

Friday night I went to hear Gene Espy, the second man to walk the Appalachian Trail. He's 86 now and when he did it, the AT started in or near my neighborhood on Oglethorpe Mtn.  so we're going to try to find that spot and the old trail.  I really enjoyed hearing him-what an adventure. I couldn't sleep Friday night and read his book.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I didn't walk yesterday because going out for a movie wiped me out and I napped, ha.

Camille, ABs?  Is that a hormone?  I might have to get on them in 6 weeks because he couldn't remove the endo from the bladder wall.  Enjoy your rest day.

Tessa, nice run.  Chicken for 70?  Yikes.

Carol, did you check the beginner's Hanson?  Is that still 50mpw?  I like Hal Higdon (except i like to run more) so it should be a nice plan to do for you.

Gatsby, great job!

Have a great Sunday!  I still have one more week at home.  The house is messier than ever, ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Getting ready to run

Damaris AB is antibiotics I think

Camille yes open concept can do that. Our house is like that so I do try to keep everything in order.

Carol  I did get a lot done. Dh ran the errands. I did all the stuff outside I wanted and finished the laundry. I also got all the tax stuff together so it can be mailed to our accountant tomorrow. They send us an organizer so I fill it out and send it with the w2 s and a few other things they need . We don't send all the receipts any more as they gave lines for us to put all the charity donations etc since all they do is send them back and it increases the postage cost. I need to adjust one thing in it though because dh didn't print off one of the receipts so a few hundred dollars of donations is missing. Grrr. I realized it wasn't in the stack after I'd already sealed everything.

But since I got everything done I don't have anything pressing to do today.

Gatsby yes I can always find stuff to do. I could paint today if I feel like it. We shall see. But, dh will be sleeping all day since he didn't get home until 530 this am. He got called to a fire investigation last night.

Tessa sa great way to get a run in and cooking at the same time.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Yes, second of three days on them. Hubby gave me a prescription so I didn't have to wait until the doctor tomorrow.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

ginnyb

Ran 5.03 miles this morning.  Disappointed how slow I am, even slower than usual.  Oh well, I haven't been running much , so hopefully I will speed up some eventually.  It was nice to run without Yaktrax, no snow on the street at all.  Unfortunately, we are supposed to get some of that white stuff later today and next week sounds really yucky!  I don't think it will ever end this year.  Days are longer though, that's a good sign.

Tessa....good getting your runs in!

Sorry for no personals, I will be back later.  Happy Sunday!

Ginny

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Anonymous Guest

17 done today. I was able to get the 5 done yesterday, rather slowly, but done without incident. Then I decided to jump on the bike for an hour. Guess I'm back to normal. Thank goodness. Today it is sunny and in the low 60s here. I couldn't have asked for nicer weather for my long run. DH left early for a long bike ride, and I saw all these people walking dogs during my long run, so I took Jake out for a nice, long walk. He was pretty happy, but he's out of shape! He's now passed out on my feet and I don't expect much movement out of him for the rest of the day.

I like the Hokas. They seem wider than my Brooks, so on a couple of steeper downhills I felt my feet slip forward and my toes were hitting the front - maybe if I lace them a little tighter that won't happen. Other than that, they were great. Very comfortable. By the second mile I quit trying to avoid puddles because I knew I wasn't going to be sending them back.

Gatsby, that sounds like a tough HM! Lots of climbing. Hope today's run is fun.

Carol, Higdon is a good, solid plan. I've PR'd a couple times using the intermediate plan.

Tessa, dang that's a lot of chicken! And I'm sure it was much appreciated and enjoyed.

Camille, I bet the talk by Gene Espy was interesting. How is the book?

Marjorie, you always get so much done. I need to hire you to come live in my house for a week. We started making a list of all the little projects we need to do this year to get the house ready to sell. As the list grew, I suggested talking to the guy down the street that we hired to finish part of our basement a few years ago. So much stuff...

Damaris, hope the UTI is clearing up and you are ready to walk. Or rest some more...

Ginny, great job getting out there for 5. This has really been a soul-sucking winter. I'm slower than I should be too.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Happy Sunday!  Another 13.1 this morning with RC friends in a very nice park about an hour's drive east.  It's the first loop of a trail marathon that a friend is doing in March so a couple of us went over with him to give it a trial run.  Only around 1500' elevation gain, mostly rolling hills, on a nice non-technical trail through a mix of redwoods, oak, bay trees, and pine trees.

Carol,  I don't do 50 mile weeks either and I think my old legs are happier for it.

Tessa, very efficient of you to combine your running and cooking!  MTA: do you ever frequent the Trailer Trash user group?  Someone over there was asking about the Shadow of the Giants 50k.  I said he should PM you since you're the expert.

Camille, hope your 2+ miles went well.

Damaris, hopefully the antibiotics are doing the trick for the UTI.  Rest up, plenty of time for walking later.

Marjorie, sounds like a very productive weekend.  I keep thinking I should get my tax stuff together but hasn't happened yet.

GinnyB, you'll get back in the running groove, spring is coming!

Karen, thanks for the report on the Hokas.  They look comfortable.  They look wider than regular shoes -- I'd probably trip myself.

Off to a RC potluck later today and doing chores in the meantime.  Enjoy the rest of the day!