Womens Running

TOO TIRED THURSDAYS, DIVAS! (Read 18 times)

gsdrunner

Lame title... but so true for today...

gsdrunner

That was a very rough night with M. She has a little fever but dang we were up ever few hours.

RR: Yesterday was nothing, today was a trip to the gym, but I am not sure what is going on.

NRR:  Procrastination has hit me. I have a presentation to do on Saturday for the DAR Chapter I belong too. It's on healthy eating mostly focused on "Sugar" and how we eat too much of it and its effects on the body, hormones, etc. There is a lot and I mean a lot of info out there on it.  I may have found an interesting few jobs in CA.  I'm hoping they will do a little work from home until we get situated from the move.  I noticed that in the are we are looking at there are a TON of companies so I am not too nervous about finding something.  DH is gone today through Sunday, which isn't really fun. I was kinda looking forward to it... but if M is sick it going to be a nightmare.

Anyhow, gotta get moving... M is up and I need to do a few more things before we hang out... I think it may be a movie cuddle day.

RunLikeTheWind23

Morning Ladies!

RR: got the okay to start running again yesterday! Smile 2 week post op and I'm good to go! yay! Planning on 3 miles today. More than likely it will be on the stupid treadmill until allergy season subsides a bit.

NRR: I never sleep well this time of year. I'm up by 5 every morning now because it is so light out in the mornings. UGH. I think I may buy some room darkening shades for my bedroom. I am definitely not a morning person, so 5 a.m. and I are not friends!

gsd: I'm sorry M is sick! Hopefully some cuddle with Mommy will make her feel better today!

monk717

Morning.

RR: Nothing today. I've run 7.5 miles over the last eight days in four runs... the last time I did that was probably before my half marathon in October (that many times, not that many miles)... and even with such few miles my body feels SO beat up! But I know it will passl

NRR: Today is my Friday! We're traveling this weekend to my brother's college graduation. He's graduating from Eastern Illinois University, which was my school too, and I haven't been there in eight years or so. I'm a bit nervous about a road trip with our family of four, but I know we'll manage. We're coming back Sunday but I'm taking Monday off too. When we come back we really need to get back on the diet. I've gained weight the last two weeks. I feel so ugly right now. I hate my hair and my clothes and eating like a pig and resulting weight doesn't help. I also have really dark circles under my eyes which doesn't help my perception of my looks. I know this will pass too but its hard to deal with at times especially since I could alleviate some of the problem if I could just stop putting food in my mouth.

taylorma1

gsd-sorry about the rough night with M. Hope you and her can get in a nap today

RLTW-yay for being able to run today! Room darkening shades sound like a great idea. I am kind of the opposite of you. I am not a morning person in the winter because I get up at the same time as in summer, but it's still dark out so I am grumpy

monk-enjoy your brother's graduation!

RR: SRD

NRR: moving out the last of my items from my apartment and into DBF's place. then need to clean a bit, so that will probably count as some cross training. We have been having such lovely weather here lately, but I haven't been able to enjoy it much since I have had to move and clean and also finish projects and papers the last week. But it's almost all done! I graduate in one week! Can't wait!

SassySparky

GSD - good luck with the presentation. What area of CA is the move to? Hope M feels better soon!

RLTW - I have that problem with waking up early, too! I have the blackout curtains and they help but the main issue is that there are tons of birds outside chirping!

Monk - so glad you are getting some runs! I felt really unattractive post partum, too. The lack of sleep, post partum hormones, hair loss, etc is rough. It gets better! Good luck with the road trip!

Taylor - yay graduation! Are you doing the graduation ceremony?

RR: Did about 25 minutes of ST this morning - focused on abs and legs. I wanted to do No More Trouble Zones (thanks to OWR!) but I woke up too late. Maybe this weekend.

NRR: Nothing much ... work and play. The weather has been a little rainy so we've been stuck inside after dinner but I think today might be better and maybe we can bike to the park. I have to run some errands tonight too.

I'll be running my first full, the Richmond Marathon on November 16, 2013!

c a s s i e

Hi ladies!

GSD- So sorry that M is sick! But I’m glad to hear about all the CA job prospects. When will you know for sure if you’re moving?

RLTW – Yay for running again! Enjoy it, even if it’s on the TM.

Monk – Sorry you’re struggling L

Taylor- Congrats on graduation coming up! Exciting!

Sassy- Sending you good weather vibes!

And as for me...

RR: 6 miles of HIIT on the TM this morning. Plyos class tonight.

NRR: Mostly I'm just in shock that we have only ten school days left. TEN. And seniors have only six. I can't believe how quickly the school year has gone. So now it's just the end of the year push to cram everything in.

Have a great day, ladies!

Visit my blog at www.ruralrunningredhead.com!

MA runner girl

Good morning!

RR: Went for an hour long walk yesterday afternoon. It was beautiful! We went to the state park a half mile away and walked on the paved road there. It's SUPER hilly so it was actually a good workout pushing the BOB. Planning on a run today, 1.5 or 2 miles depending on how I feel.

NRR: C is one month old today! Crazy how fast that went by. Yesterday we just hung out at home and finally got C on a eat/awake/sleep schedule (thanks Sassy for mentioning!) and it worked well with hardly any fussing. Hoping for another good day of it. I did 7 loads of laundry yesterday and folded/put away 5 of them so I'd like to finish that today. Other than that not much. Tomorrow is C's 1 month check up, can't wait to see how big he is! I think he's already outgrown his basinet... giant baby! I'm not ready for him to be in his crib!

Personals in a minute...

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

RunLikeTheWind23

MA: Happy 1 month bday to C! I can't believe he is 1 month old already!

MA runner girl

GSD - Aww I hope M feels better. Good luck with the presentation! Exciting that you may be moving to CA! I hope things work out there.

RLTW - Hah I noticed it was bright in your room when I stayed there! We have room darkening shades and they are AMAZING. Definitely recommend them!

monk - I think eating sensibly is SO HARD while BFing. I've never been so hungry in my life, its so easy to overdo it. I hate my clothes too, I don't have much that work for bfing so I keep wearing the same things over and over. It definitely affects how you feel about yourself! Hugs. Enjoy your long weekend.

Taylor - Good luck finishing with moving! I hope you can get outside. It's been gorgeous here too. Yay graduation!

Sassy - I hope the weather is good tonight so you can get outside. A bike ride to the park sounds nice.

Cassie - Wow, you finish school SO early! Due to snow days everyone here is in school until almost July! I can't beleive you are running 6 miles of HIIT already after the marathon. Rockstar!

PRs: 5k - 21:22, half marathon - 1:39:43, marathon - 3:37:16

lizo_77

I think I've been feeling burned out from waking up so early....

RR: woke up at 4.45 to go running at the gym. it was in the 30s here when I woke up, so I really didn't feel like running outside. Did 3 miles.

NRR: work day, then travel to pierre for a meeting at 10 a.m. tomorrow morning. It's a 3 hour drive. Will be leaving here about 3 or 4 pm I'm thinking. home tomorrow afternoon, then off to worthington to start moving M. Then back home on saturday mornng/ afternoon. then unpacking and sorting through as much as we can.... it's going to be a crazy weekend. Sunday hopefully can be going shopping for some stuff we need for storage space stuff.

back soon for personals!

NorCal

Hi ladies! Too Tired is right! I got back on the coffee-wagon over the weekend and am trying to get back off it. I haven't had coffee since Monday, but have been DRAGGING in the mornings! Ugh!

RR. I think I'll head out for a few miles today! My legs are feeling surprisingly good! Also need to get back into abs/arms routine. I've been SO lazy since Sunday!

NRR. Got all my billing done yesterday, yay! Today, I have training at my new job for a couple of hours, then errands to run, then baking muffins for our friends who are running The Relay this weekend.

GSD- That area has TONS of big companies, I'm sure you could find something. Would you guys live down there or commute from somewhere? Hope M feels better.

MA- Wow, 1 month!!! Time flies!

Monk- ((hugs)) I'm sorry you're not feeling great about yourself, I'm sure it will pass. Hang in there!

Sassy- NMTZ will kick your... well your trouble zones! I need to start doing it again!

Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon 10.20.2013 

Tiburon by the Bay Half Marathon 11.3.2013 (My Birthday!) 

Napa Valley Full Marathon 3.2.2013

PRs: 

Half: 1:48

Full: 4:34

taylorma1

Sassy-yup I am, mainly for my mom. Graduation cap and gown costs $55. Not to happy to be spending that, but my aunt is planning to take us out to dinner afterwards, so I guess that will be alright

cassie-hey there! Wow HIIT and a plyo class in the same day! How do you do it!?

MA-crazy that C is already a month old! How much time do you have left til you go back to work?

lizo-sounds like a crazy weekend ahead. Hope you can find some time in there to relax a bit

norcal-congrats again on the new job!

melrunner

Morning girls!

GSD did you all decide yes on moving to California?? Hope M feels better.

Sassy the weather has been horrible here too. Rain, lightning, and tons of thunder....

Taylor happy graduation!

Monk can you go get a pedi and mani? That always helps w my Self appearance.

RLtW yay for being cleared to run!

Cassie wow summer is almost here! Any fun traveling this summer?

NC congratulations on the new job!

Lizo wow I would love some cold weather!!

MA seven loads of laundry??? Power woman!

melrunner

TriR running 5 after work.

NtriR really stressed out right now. Baxter is not doing well at all. He's 14 almost has dementia and now signs of vestibular syndrome. We put him in steroids and antibiotics to see its an infection. The vet gave C s pamphlet of whenis it time to say good byes few weeks ago. We don't want him to go. Last night I was a crying mess because he's not living a good quality of life. He cannot go the bathroom alone or without making a mess, you have Ito show him where the food bowl is, we have to sedate him to sleep, and he cries all day long. He is losing a lot of balance and he tends to fall belly flop a lot then he cannot get up. It's so sad. His mind is elsewhere and he cries. We are not sleeping and we could do an MRI to rule out a tumor but we don't want to do that to a 14 year old pup. I'm heartbroken -spent last night crying over what his future is. We are going to get a second opinion today at lunch so please send us vibes.