Womens Running

Not Weak Weekend (over 40) (Read 20 times)

Be strong!!

My Houston daughter texted me a notice saying that the street in front of her apartment complex would be closed for the Houston Marathon.. knew I would appreciate that.  Will have to send her some sign suggestions!!

Meeting a run buddy for a possible trail run today.

Marjorie-nice car... (I actually backspaced to erase "sweet ride"... but wanted to share it all the same-LOL)

Tessa-groan on the nightly shower situation.  Have you tried some sort of "lovey" for him to calm himself with?  He did like his showers. What about the sound of the shower? Like a waterfall or rain or waves sound machine.

Aches and pains go away from the rest of you all!! But don't come here!

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.5 this morning. Pretty cold again but the moon was nice.

Getting hair cut. Dh is taking pups to the pool. Then some errands.

Tessa a lot of time with Alzheimer's they obsess with food. Sounds like your dh is obsessing with water.

Morning everyone.

Lisa yes send her some really good signs to post

Marjorie

camille2

Good morning!  I'm sitting here looking at nice soft light from the sunrise. 17 here this a.m.

Tessa, I'm so sorry about the sleep deprivation.  My dad thought nothing of waking people at night either.  I wasn't there most nights, but was miserable when I was.   I can't imagine how you do it and then go to work.  Hugs, hugs.   I hope you get some rest this weekend.  I saw the news about those fires-scary.

Marjorie, nice wheels!

Karen, LOL about those blonde hairs.  Enjoy your long weekend!

Carol, have fun at the race!

Linda, woo-hoo for getting up early!  It's so nice to have you back!  Because of my hip, I've also looked at  anti-inflammatory foods sites. I imagine you've seen this site.  http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/ART02995/Dr-Weil-Anti-Inflammatory-Food-Pyramid.html  He seems to be the guru. If I ate all the servings recommended on the pyramid every day, I'd gain weight!   (It also doesn't have enough vit d or calcium rich foods.)  I've only done two things so far. I drink a fruit smoothie every day or two.  I just throw berries with pineapple or banana or oranges with orange or pineapple juice and  a token leaf of spinach (just can't drink green) in the Bullet.    I also read a journal article which said anti-inflammatory markers weren't present after eating a typical American (inflammatory) breakfast IF the person ate some berries with it. That seems easy, so I try to do that.  Good luck...waking up at night is miserable.

LC, still keeping up that streak, I see!  Good for you!

Marjorie, nice wheels!

Demaris, I hope you had a nice run!

Sugarland, have a great run tomorrow!  I just ordered my pics from it last year in case it was my last full.

Good morning, Lisa!  Have a nice day!

I had PT again yesterday. I'm going to do 30" biking plus walking today and alter the elliptical and bike tomorrow...along with my big butt  exercises each day.  I'm also working on a few quilt projects and then will join friends for pizza. I don't think it'll qualify as an anti-inflammatory meal. Think enough red wine will offset it?

Anonymous Guest

Nice car Marjorie!

Tessa, I can almost feel your frustration coming through my computer. I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you get some rest and relaxation soon.

Lisa, I plan on running Houston once we move down there (assuming we do...). If your daughter still lives on the route, I am going to need a personalized sign from her.

Camille, I read the first line of your post and thought "is she in the midst of marathon training? I thought she was dealing with hip issues." Then I realized 17 degrees, not miles. Sounds like you're keeping up the XT pretty well.

Linda and Camille), I don't know much about anti-inflammatory food, but I do know an ultra runner locally that swears by pineapple. He eats a bunch of it after ultras and even long runs and says it cuts way down on his soreness after. Some magical ingredient I can't remember. But that makes me think maybe good anti-inflammatory?

I woke up this morning tired and achy from my cold. Decided it was too cold to run outside for the way I was feeling, so 4.2 easy miles on the TM. I feel much better now that I've done it. Now I'm off to Sam's Club and a few more errands, then cleaning, then maybe a trainer ride or a few more easy miles this afternoon.

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

LC Runs

Happy Saturday!!

6.1 outdoor miles today....I ran them in honor of Megsmiles, the runner that was hit by a drunk driver earlier this week while on her morning run.  It was a tough run, but I think helped me a bit through this winter funk I am in.  I am having a rough time this year and spring seems so far away.  At least the sun is shining now, makes it a bit easier mentally

Lisa - that is cool about the marathon route!

Marjorie - nice 10.5!  I'll have to check your post about the  new car - congrats!!

Camille - enjoy the night with friends!

Karen - enjoy your day!

Tessa - sending hugs!

LC Runs

Carol - hope Freeze Your Fanny was fun!  Yes, we are going to do Hal Higdon's intermediate plan, starts Feb 17th.  I think we may incorporate the Covenant Kids Half in there.  The plan actually  calls for a Half but it falls on Easter - the Covenant race is the next weekend.  I like that course, too.

Bikerchick1

Lisa - Loved the picture on FB of the trail!  Beautiful!  Can't say it enough how happy I am that you are back out there, I know you are pretty happy about it as well!

Camille - Wow, 17 degrees, that is cold for you!  What exactly is a "big butt" exercise, cause my "big butt" needs it I think 

Marjorie - Nice job on the 10.5!!!  Good to see you our doing your double digits too!

Karen - Hope you are feeling better, get some rest!!!

Tessa - Ugh, ugh, ugh....that is all I can say.  Must be so hard....

Did 5k this am, was probably a little over 100 runners.  Was fun, it was my DF's 4th race that we have done together since she started running.  It is so fun to share this with her.  I usually don't get to see her alot, so this has been great.  My "big butt" muscle did hurt some, and my garmin was dead......so ended with 29:ish...had no I idea what I was even running.  We had a fun time though - and that is what is about in my book!

Have a great Saturday..

Carol

Happy weekend everyone.  A perfectly lovely sunny day here with temps in the 60s, but I'm wishing it were gray, foggy and drizzly since I (and my yard and the rest of the state of California) have had enough of this drought.  Ran 8-ish with running club and DH this morning, and now need clean up the house a bit before dad comes to visit in the afternoon.

Who's racing this weekend?  I think Damaris has a marathon, Sugarland has a HM, and Carol had a 5K?  Hope everyone had/has fun!

Lisa, hooray for your trail run!

Camilla, haha, the comment about "big butt" exercises made me chuckle.  I believe that wine is good for all that ails you, whether inflammation or whatever.

Marjorie, saw the pick of the new car -- nice!  Hope pups have fun at the pool and that Hammy finds the purple octopus.

Karen, hope the cold goes away soon!

LC, I read about MegsMiles.  Such a senseless tragedy.

Carol, was your race really called "Freeze your Fanny"?  Haha.  Sounds like you and your friend had fun.

Tessa, saw your post from yesterday and just want to send you more thoughts and prayers.  Your boob comment did make me laugh.

Hi to everyone else!  Enjoy the day.

5/11/24 Grizzly Peak Marathon, Berkeley, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

Ahhh... running in Michigan...

Clearly we are super serious runners. who can't get enough pictures of... snow on trees.

That moment when we realize that the snowmobile trail we are on isn't likely the real "paved" trail anymore.

Maybe that's the real trail over there.. or maybe not.  This is when we opted to run on snow packed road.  Good choice.

Ran/walked/"snowshoed" 6.66 miles (and yes, I did run back and forth in the parking lot to get that number). Very nice.  Followed by helping a mountain biker get his van unstuck in the parking lot. We'll count that as strength/stretching.

Lisa

Gatsby-Have fun with dad!

Carol-yeah for the 5k with friend!!  I am happy to be back out there.

Laura-buddy wore a skirt today over leggings to help her fanny from freezing.  LOL

Karen-I'm on dd about getting out there to cheer runners on.  Her apartment complex will even give them "candy to throw out to the runners"... I teased her about throwing it at runners. I mean...what else would she be doing from 6-8:05 am Sunday morning (the specific time listed!).  She's pretty close to the start apparently.  (wow. my dd's apartment is close to the start! hmmm)

Camille-wine is anti-inflammatory?  not going to read article in case I have that wrong.

Marjorie-you'll be looking good...new hair cut, new car!

Sitting in mall while dd shops.  technology advantages.. texted her to come and buy me a water so I wouldn't lose my spot by an outlet.  :-)

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Gatsby pups did well. Dh took them. I went and got my hair cut, went to the office to print a bunch of stuff as I need to do a big analysis and can't do it in computer alone. I need the papers to compare. I can't print at home.

Then went yo Best Buy. We needed a new cable for the Ethernet, got a new IPhone and then cvs for some basics.

Carol ol how is the hip?  I'm glad to say mine is healed.

Camille isn't pomegranate  anti inflammatory too?  How is your healing going?

Lisa you can keep the snow

Karen how is Jake doing?

Laura I posted my 10.5 for Megsmiles today too.

Carol nice race!

Marjorie

camille2

Lisa, wine IS on the pyramid-only red wine though.  Have another glass.  : )

LC Runs

Lisa - awesome trail run, would have liked to run that today

Hi Gatsby - enjoy the time with your Dad.  Maybe we could switch weather just for a few days, you would get some needed moisture and I would get some Vitamin D

Bikerchick1

Gatsby - Yes, it was really called "Freeze your Fanny"....feels like temp was about 7 degrees!  We have to have humor to make it through winter here   And there is always a few of the "hot shot" fast guys in shorts and no shirt - (today there was only 1)...

Laura - I think I used a combination of Hal Higdon's intermediate & smart coach for Columbus.  Not sure what I am using for Bayshore.

8 planned with RB's tomorrow.

Carol

SugarLand

thanis for all the well wishes for tomorrow