Womens Running

Toeoff To Work Thursday (Over 40) (Read 20 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Hope northern DC metro area is doing ok what with the icy conditions. DS got back from New Jersey just in time to avoid more icy/snowy conditions there.

Wednesday I did 35 minutes of cardio DVD at home. It did help to get the kinks out.

Today I plan to stop at the grocery for a few things and then go to the track. It's  so cold outside that the dairy stuff should be ok in the trunk.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

LC Runs

3 TM miles, followed by lower body/ab workout

Judy - glad DS got home before the worst of the storm!

Anonymous Guest

Morning all,

It's a cold but dry day here in DC. Was windy last night, and a little less windy this morning for my walk to the office, which made it even colder. It is normally a 10-15 minute walk, and this morning I made it in 8, I was so cold! Anyway, I have 5 or 6 (I can't remember) on the schedule for tonight. Well, actually I have 8 with 4 at 10K to half marathon pace, but I'm running my club's 5K race on Saturday, so figure I'll get about 8 miles total there with 3.1 at least at 5K pace, so I'm doing Saturday's easy run today.

Judy, all good in the DC area. Even north and west thawed and dried out yesterday. And thankfully the next storm predicted for this weekend now looks like it will most likely miss us. Glad DS made it home okay.

Good morning Laura, and all that follow!

Oooh, I need to try to remember to start the daily tomorrow when I get up - I want to call it Flying Eggs Friday, in honor of Tessa .

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Good Morning!  32F and very breezy here.  I ran 6 on the treadmill.  I was so sleepy this morning--stood in the kitchen for a minute or two and decided against going back to bed.  When I got to the gym I realized I had driven without headlights....AGAIN!  Yikes!!  The dashboard display is so bright I forget to turn on the headlights...  gotta be more careful.

Have a great day and stay warm!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  No bike yet (it arrived but the store didn't have time to prepare it), but hoping I can get it tonight.  Working from home and already in court (on the phone).  Busy day today!

judy, enjoy the track and grocery shopping (if that is possible).

LC Runs, nice TM miles.

Karen, that should be a great title.

Sue, nice workout.  Glad a cop didn't see you driving without headlights.  It is a very expensive ticket here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Damaris--what bike did you order?

Arimathea

Tessa

Karen -- 4:17 happens to be my PR. April 2012. San Luis Obispo. *happy reminiscent smile*

Thanks, I think I may be able to match it if the stars align and if I can take off the 5 pounds that crept back on over holiday season.

Glad to hear the storm is likely to miss you, my sister is supposed to be there for an interview on Monday and she was worried about the weather.

Judy, as stated on runango, I think you could leave ice cream in the trunk without worrying.

Laura, 3 and a lowerbody workout is good. Laughing about your nasty client. I can ship DH to her if you want!

Susan, there should be some type of warning saying "you don't have the lights on" like the blue light that tells you your brights are on IMHO.

Damaris, hope you can get the bike tonight.

4 this morning with RN. She offered her two Labs to clean up any other food that might go flying. I think those two chowhounds would make short work of any eggs that approach the floor.

ginnyb

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Docket_Rocket

Damaris--what bike did you order?

It's a Scott Atacama X60 hybrid bike.  It's there.  I'm just waiting for hubby to come in so we can pick it up and bring it on the rack.  Otherwise, I'll run there before they close to pick it up.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

annieSusan

Ginny, that picture looks so delightful!

Tessa, I had to go back and read the egg story, because at first I thought you might have thrown RAW eggs! I got a big chickle out of the actual story.

Crazy Sue, I am so sorry for your loss of your pooch, Ben. I'll bet you miss him.

Judy, yes your dairy items will stay plenty cold in the trunk. I was going to pick up some lettuce and bananas on the way to the gym on one of those cold days, but I was afraid they might freeze when left in the trunk!

Damaris, you are getting a new bike? Exciting!

Yesterday's run was a decent 6 miles on the TM at the gym. Today was a 4 mile walk and then yoga in the PM. It wasn't that long ago that the idea of 6 miles on the TM seemed unbearable. Guess a winter full of frigid wind chill temps and ice covered sidewalks changed my mind.

good runs, all!

annieSusan

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 miles and Pilates

Tessa I'm just lucky I guess, on the jury duty. It is over 90 miles for me to get there. They don't seem to care about the travel. i didn't have anything booked those two weeks. Maybe if I had I could have gotten out of it.

Karen ha. Flying egg Friday!

ginny does it help that our trees are starting to bud?  Will be awhile until they fully bud and bloom but I can see signs if the buds forming.

Marjorie

So excited that we had a rainy day today!   And more in the forecast!  (Funny how relative our weather expectations are...)   Trees, shrubs and poppies here are all in full bloom, months too early, which actually makes me grumpy, not happy, but I'm sure that's a problem  most of you do not want to hear since you're buried in snow and ice.  Ran 6 miles yesterday, 5 miles today.  Feel a tickle in my throat and really hoping I'm not coming down with something.  Time to chug some extra vitamins...

Just stopping by quickly to say hi.  Will catch up with everyone this weekend!  Happy flying eggs Friday in advance!

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR