Womens Running

Marvelous Monday Supermoms (Read 23 times)

runnergirl9508

RR: bootcamp + a run after. Probably just 4 miles today- if I want more than that, it will be a double with R later this afternoon.

TR: was a good boy this weekend. He was "helping" DH out around the house yesterday- picking up bits of sheetrock and sweeping the floors. We bought a big pumpkin to carve, but were so busy that we'll have to do it tonight! I let him help me out in the kitchen too as I was making dinner, and he had so much fun stirring in the spices.

NRR: great weekend, it just went so fast! My parents just got back home from Hawaii, and my mom said she wants to come out to see us this week, probably Thursday. Yay!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR/ER - hot tub and physio this morning, run this afternoon while B is at music class..hopefully 4 miles.

TR - ate FOUR bowls of cauliflower mac...cauliflower and all.  I am shocked, and hopefully he poops for daycare lady or DH.

FR - chicky schnoodle soup with the homemade stock I made yesterday.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

ER - ST. Might have to go light on the upper body because my arms are still sore from carrying S through the corn maze on Saturday night!

TR - My friend left his phone here on Saturday night. On Sunday morning, at 7 am, I was making coffee and I heard S saying "hello?hello?" She'd picked up his phone and called someone! I'm sure they really appreciated the earlier morning toddler dial .

FR - Mexican rice bowls

NRR - I am getting acupuncture today. I've never had it before, but some people rave about it and there have been some studies that indicate it helps with fertility, and it's covered by my insurance, so I figured why not. At the very least, I'll get to lie down and relax for an hour Smile

~~~~~~~

rg - We didn't have time to carve our pumpkins this weekend, either! Not sure when we're going to do it now. Yay for a visit from your mom. Have a good workout this morning. How many weeks does the bootcamp class run for?

zorbs - Wowza on the cauliflower eating! Ha ha, yeah, I wouldn't want to be around for that poop, either. How did the stock making go? Homemade stock is delicious.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

running eh

RR - not sure yet - may try an easy stroller run a bit later today or may wait until tomorrow

KR - We all woke up about 15mins before the bus came.  I wanted to see if they could make the bus on time w/o too much whining.  They did it.  I am kind of thinking I should have gave them winter coats this morning though...

FR - roast, carrots and potatoes

NRR - It's my mom's bday this week.  Last year we got her a Pandora charm bracelet so I will probably get her another charm - not super exciting, but I think she will like it.

rg - Have fun carving that pumpkin!  Sounds like R is such a great little helper.  I really need to get into the routine of making my kids do more work.  They are dried and put away all of the dishes after dinner yesterday.  They did a great job. Yay for your mom coming to visit!  Will she stay overnight then or will she just come for the day?

zorbs - Have fun at physio.  Is it for the SI?  I hope you get all sorted out!  Way to go B, eating all of those veggies!  THis is great soup weather, enjoy it!

ernie - Let us know what you think of acupuncture.  haha on S making the early morning call!  Did you know the person she called??  MMM, how do you make the Mexican RIce bowls?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - SRD.  I have a 90 minute massage today!  It's going to be torture, but good Smile  My achilles is almost normal, just some tightness in my calf, and it feels a bit beat up from all the rolling and such, but hopefully with the massage it'll be good for running again tomorrow.

TR - she napped yesterday afternoon for the first time in ages, I figured with being sick and we were having friends over last ngiht so she wouldn't be in bed early... worked out well, she was happy all evening and went to bed easily.

BR - she didn't nap!  She only slept for 20 minutes in the morning and then not at all in the afternoon, so I figured she'd be in bed early, nope.  The adults were all playing a game, the toddlers had a tv show on, and O was happily playing on the floor.  She found the cubboard where all the playdough stuff is and was quite entertained emptying it, and emptying the buckets of cutters and toys.

FR - meatloaf from the freezer.  I had a productive day yesterday, made spaghetti sauce for dinner (of which there are lots of leftovers for a dinner this week), made salsa from the rest of my garden tomatoes, and made a batch of Kelly's breakfast burritos.

NRR - sold DH's old car yesterday!  It was only for sale for 24 hrs, probably should have asked more, but I didn't want to deal with it.

Be back after I get some coffee!

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

RG - M loves to help in the kitchen!  It just gets messy sometimes.  So exciting that your mom is coming to visit!

zorbs - wow on the cauliflower mac!  yeah I hope you don't have to deal with that diaper!  Let us know how the stock is.

ernie - lol on S and her phone call!  I had acupuncture done on my leg for my achilles a few years ago.  It's strange but didn't hurt, my physio got great joy everytime she hit a nerve and my leg spasmed.

r-eh - yeah it's full on winter overnight here, I had to scrounge around for winter gear last night for the girls.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - that's great that R was so helpful.  B generally likes being helpful, but when DH asked him to help tidy up the living room, it was a no go.

ernie - the most helpful thing I heard about acupuncture is to let go of any expectations of instant results, although I guess it is different with fertility..the people I know who had it went for pain and digestive issues. I haven't tried it myself but someone I know was doing free reflexology practice hours in order to get certified, and I figured even if nothing happened, I'd get an hour long foot massage.

eh - wow for getting out the door in 15 min! I think I would like to pick up my race kit and cheer you on at the race finish. I am looking at the 10K course map, it is exactly where I did my LR on Saturday.

CA - I've often wondered what's the longest massage I could get that a) would give the therapist enough time to deal with everything tight in my body b) not kill the therapist.  My massage girl (the one who moved to Italy) said if she did a 2 hour massage, I'd be crippled for days afterward.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - the RMT I go to now used to operate out of her house, and if she didn't have anyone booked after you, and you didn't tell her of any time constraints, she'd just keep going until she thought she was 'done'... I've been late for appointments that were 3 hrs after a massage with her!  Now that she's working out of a sports therapy place she only goes 10-15 mins long max.  That's why I booked 90 minutes.

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: Been lazy, only got 14 miles last week because I skipped yesterday. It was 40*F and raining and R was an absolute bear when he woke up from his nap. Have a FD banquet planning meeting tonight so I can't go, will run tomorrow after work, and Wednesday before work if all goes as planned.

TR: Took the side off his crib and put on the toddler rail, he thinks he's a total badass now. Did really good with PT the past week, even with the diarrhea so I figured it was time. That way he can adjust before we move into the new house in a couple months.  Answers our questions affirmatively with "yes" now, but the way he says it is so weird/funny. More like Yeeeess.

FR: Last night was ham, roasted sweet potatoes, and roasted brussels sprouts. Cranberry apple crisp for dinner. DH ate the ham and crisp only.

NRR: Last week was super busy, not as many plans this week and DH is going on his 7 day off stretch. I spent all day cleaning on Saturday and the house feels so much nicer, I'm hoping i can inspire DH to get off his bum and mow the lawn one last time, make a trip to the dump, and load up all of our stuff that's in the yard in the trailer and tarp it so we don't lose stuff under the snow before we move. I scheduled a counseling appt for Wed after work. I talked to my sister a little bit about the dad/stepmom thing on Saturday and she got all pissy and said they would drag her into the middle of it and that I should just ignore their behavior and keep on keepin' on because dad doesn't take care of himself and might not live more than another 10 years. Annoyed.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

TR2- R refuses to wear his halloween costume and his winter coat because they are too hot. Need to figure out a way to bribe him for thursday, the weather is colder so maybe I can convince him.

Runnergirl- Have fun carving pumpkins. I never liked how the slimy insides of the pumpkin felt, even as a kid, so I'm going to skip this year because R won't know the difference.

zorbs- my favorite chicken noodle soup is made with spaetzle instead of noodles. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/anne-burrell/herb-spaetzle-recipe/index.html  if your stock tastes like its missing something, add a boullion cube and the MSG will perk it up.

Ernie- I had a friend who did acupuncture for her TMJ. I've never tried it though.  Are you feeling like you're having trouble TTC this go round?

eh- happy birthday to your mom!

CA- any time we've sold a car, we've taken the first buyer who wasn't a jerk so we usually get less for it but then its out of our hair. So jealous of your massage! I thought about getting one in Spokane 2 weeks ago, but I got there too late and didn't want to keep the MT late.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

spike - the stock tasted delicious and I almost chugged a cup or 2 just plain!  When my noodle dishes taste flat, I just add maggi of course.  How can your DH not like roasted brussels sprouts?

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

spike - I spent a couple hours deep cleaning/washing walls/etc on Friday and it felt soooo good!  Hope the counselor helps figure out the family shit.  I priced the car very low/competitively bc I just wanted it gone, so it's selling for full price to the first person.

armmama

morning!

RR - SRD.  I'm only supposed to run 3 & 4 miles this week and I'm not really sure when/if it'll happen.  Supposed to get rain/snow/sleet tomorrow.   Maybe I'll just go to the gym and cross train.  I'm going through taper madness and feeling lazy and unmotivated.

BR - is totally addicted to electronics.  I may have to cut him off cold turkey.  It's nice when we are in restaurants or I need to keep him entertained for a little while but kind of annoying at home when he's begging and whining for the iPad.

KR - DD1 had a fever and slept all of Saturday.  I swear these kids just can't all stay healthy.  Right now I'm not even stressing about running the marathon, I'm stressing about staying healthy for it.

FR - eggplant rollatini from the freezer.  Woke up this morning to my dad making popovers and then realized we had no eggs so I quick did my shopping for the week at 7:30am.  It was nice to get it over with early!

NRR - I went crazy with DH's drill and hammer this weekend and hung a bunch of pictures and hooks on the walls.  Now I'm addicted and want to hang more stuff!  We took my parents and DH's mom to the Packer-Viking game last night as a thank you for all their help these last few months.  It was fun!  Except we didn't get home until 11:30 and then I couldn't fall asleep so I'm super tired today.

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- DH isn't a big fan of brassicas in general. It took a lot of coersion and repeated attempts to get him to eat broccoli, which he did for a few years but now it grosses him out again. He refuses to eat cauliflower unless its pureed and mixed with potatoes on top of shepherd's pie. I guess I shouldn't complain since there are things that he likes but I don't- like melon, blech!

armama- its amazing how much home-y a house feels with junk on the walls. R is addicted to tv but I don't really let him play with our phones/kindles/computers. We've started cutting out TV before bed and reading books for a good half an hour and it makes bedtime way easier.

superspike113

Honorary Old

CA- you know that you have really let the house go when it takes all day to clean a 700 sq ft house... I dusted, did all the laundry and put it away, did the floors, bathroom, and kitchen. It feels less depressing now that I'm not looking at giant feral dust bunnies and dead bugs everywhere. This house is SO dusty, probably because of the poorly sealed window AC unit and the need to have the windows open a lot.