Womens Running

wishing for warmth weekend! (over 40) (Read 15 times)

ginnyb

Damaris, I know you won't like this topic, but please we need some warmth up here in Ohio.

http://ginnybess.blogspot.com/

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

ginnyb

I have to work today, not my favorite thing to work all day Saturday, it just doesn't seem right..  Also more softball games tomorrow and long run hopefully.

Ginny

6/8 Hatfield/McCoy Half, 8/18 lake Erie Shores and Islands Half, 9/21 Mighty Niagara Half Lewiston, NY, 10/7 Cleveland Rock & Roll Half 10/6 or Detroit Free Press 10/20, A Christmas Story 5 or 10K Cleveland 12/7, Santa Hustle Half Cedar Point 12/15

Bikerchick1

Ginny - I hear ya!!!  Unfortunately I was reading something online last night that was predicting a cold summer....boooo.  Hope that is wrong.

Didn't get home in time for my class so I ran, and had such a great run...was one of those you just wanted to keep running Smile

Anybody racing this week-end?

Carol

ginnyb

yes Carol, I have been reading the same thing, but the Farmer's Almanac predicted this winter correctly and they say a hot summer, so I am going with that forecast, LOL, unfortunately I really think it is going to be cold.

Ginny

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 for me

So sorry you all will be having a colder than normal summer!

Off to the puppy pool

Marjorie

camille2

it's been a hectic week. I've managed a few miles and am at the airport to leave for a couple weeks-my first cruisr.  I hope the weather improves for everyone.

happy running

runlikeagirl18

Hi ladies-

I'm still here!! It's been so hectic that I haven't had time to post, but I've been reading everyone's posts. Work has been busy and I was out for meetings three days this week. Two of the boys are playing baseball, which means we have practice or game almost every night. The one redeeming factor is that DS2 is playing up a level this year, and it's starting to look like real baseball!

As Camille mentioned, I did run the Tar Heel 10-Miler last weekend (as did Amy) in Chapel Hill. It was a fun overnight - four of us went down the night before. We stayed within walking distance of the race, which was great. It was good racing weather - the race is early enough in the day that it hadn't really warmed up yet. And it's a really pretty course - it goes through the UNC Chapel Hill campus and through neighborhoods and town. Unfortunately, I had a horrible race. I could tell a mile in that it wasn't going to be my day. I managed to hang onto a respectable pace through 8 miles, but then went off the rails. It wound up being my slowest time for this race by 2 1/2 minutes. Oh well, some days are like that!

Today I ran 7 miles with my Saturday RB and felt pretty good. I also committed to running a marathon in the fall. Yikes! What have I gotten myself into!

Tessa - nice job in last weekend's 50K and on the RR.

Karen - I'm looking forward to going back and reading your Boston RR. I can sympathize with your dental issues. I had a temporary crown put on last week, and a filling under one of my older crowns. It was not a lot of fun.

Ginny - I hope it warms up for you. It was beautiful here today, but earlier in the week it was SO cold at DS3's baseball game!

Carol - yay for the good run.

Waves to everyone else - I'm off to collapse. Have a great weekend-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

ginnyb

Still waiting and wishihg..........................

11.34 miles this morning.  i really did not feel well, not sick, but my legs were not feelin' it this morning and my back started killing me, but I got it done.  Cleveland half is 2 weeks from today.  Watch, it will be 90 degrees that day!  I did go from mittens to light weight gloves this morning, I guess that is an improvement, however small.

Softball games later today.

Ginny

Was a long couple of days... but DD's Forensics team won first place for Class B in Michigan for a 3rd year in a row.  Out of the 38 9th-12th grade students who went to States, 36 made it to semi's with 20 placing in top 6 so Finals.  So proud of kids who had to present 3 times on Friday and 3 times on Saturday.. long time to be on your game.

My superhero finished 4th overall for her Informative category.

No running for me unless you count the back and forth that I did repeatedly across the Western Michigan University campus for the last 2 days.  I judged 5 times on Friday which involved leaving the judge area on one side of campus to go to one of the buildings where events were to judge, return to tabs (judge area) then go back to a different building, returning again after judging.  Some events involve picking up other materials (quote, current event questions, or broadcast newscasts) which, of course, were in different buildings.  On Saturday I judged 3 events.  I never did get to see DD present.

Lisa

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.3 for me today.  I had to stop for water around 7 miles and shortly after that to go to the bathroom.  Sigh.  But it was a great run

Congrats to DD Lisa

Ginny getting in an 11 miler!  Great job.

Hi Cindy.  Hope it is less hectic soon

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Wow, Lisa, congrats to DD! Very impressive for a freshman.

I've had a kind of tired weekend. I ran 12 yesterday, then went to run today and had some weird pain on the top of my left foot. I could walk okay, but when I started running I was practically limping. So I ditched the run and ended up with 70 minutes on the bike. Other than that, I napped, read a book, and did just the tiniest amount of cleaning.

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Quick belated weekend check-in.   Glad to see running mojo is returning for many of you.  Hopefully the weather will warm up for those who want it warmer, or cool down for those who think it's more than warm enough already.

Lisa, great job by your DD and her forensics team.

I was in Atlanta from Friday through today for nephew's first communion (I'm his godmother).  Here's a pic of nephew with both godparents.  I'm on the right.  

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/t31.0-8/10273191_878285362188729_875737686891386620_o.jpg

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR