Womens Running

Tired Thursday - Supermoms (Read 16 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

Not good when it feels like Friday and it's only Thursday...

RR - 8K with Sam.  I knew I'd be dragging my ass this morning so I made sure to round up someone to run with this morning.

TR - just got up at 5:21. Ugh.  Hmm, but diaper is dry!

FR - chinese stew, yu choy, nooodles

NRR - that neck zit is so huge that I feel like I have mumps or something.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

Zorbs: good to have an RP on those tired mornings! Tomorrows Friday- you're almost there! Yay for B waking up dry.

RR: heading out in a bit for 6-7 miles. No PT clients this morning, so I got to sleep in a bit.

TR: he woke up crying randomly twice last night, but fell right back to sleep.

NRR: need to grocery shop today, otherwise we will be eating PBJ sandwiches for dinner Wink

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  5K or 4 miles after work.  Depends on timing of everything.  Spin class last night was good.

RR#2:  Got my capris from Gap.  I don't like the length so I am going to exchange for longer ones.  These barely come over my knees...very odd.

BR:  Was good for Grandma yesterday.  Not a horrible night, but slept a bunch in the car seat.  I wish I had the old H back that slept 6 hour stretches or more.

TR:  He was tired last night.  So we put in a movie and I got to sit with him and cuddle on the couch.  Then he wanted me to lay down with him and all hell broke loose and he couldn't sit still. But we had fun playing.  It was nice to have that time as I don't get much of it because I always have H.

NRR:  Meh.  Same old, same old.  Wrapping up 1st semester next week so lots going on.  Looking forward to this weekend.

FR:  Left over pizza for dinner last night and again for lunch....this will be my 5th pizza meal this week.  I hope DH makes something good for dinner.  

zorbs - Yay for B staying dry!

rg - Enjoy your run.  Glad you got to sleep in after not sleeping well earlier this week.  Enjoy your run.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Erniegirl

RR - 13k with 6k tempo. It's below freezing again, so I guess our warm spell is over.

TR - Tried to run across an icy field yesterday after I told her not to, so of course she wiped out. I thought she was going to cry, but instead she started laughing like a maniac and then kept throwing herself down and sliding across the ice.

FR - Pizza and salad

NRR - I need to grocery shop today. Despite my toddler-free errand running morning yesterday, I ran out of time and didn't get to Babies R Us to get my friend a shower gift. So she will be getting something from the grocery store instead. I guess I should add that the grocery store sells lots of baby clothes and toys, lest you think I am going to buy the baby a can of soup 

~~~~

zorbs - I am so confused with days of the week this week, too. I thought it was Friday yesterday! I think I would need an RP to get me out of bed and running so early in the winter like you do.

rg - What's your weekly mileage these days? I think it is impressively high! We had a couple random crying wakeups last night, too.

mer - I have an older pair of capris that are that length, too, and I find them weird. Like they are not quite carpis but not quite long shorts either. Glad you got to spend some time with J last night. I love pizza, but five times in one week is pizza overload!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - plan says 4-5x 1 mile intervals.. oyyy.  Ran 8k in the dark last night w/ RP, the paths were slick in places from all the daytime melting.  I'm planning on doing my intervals outside on the paths today, it's supposed to be warm so hopefully it's just wet and not slippery.

TR - didn't see her yesterday, apparently she ate her weight yesterday at dinner.

BR - at least I got to cuddle her at 5am yesterday, right Smile  She didn't make a peep last night.  Had to steal a few diapers from RP bc DH texted me to say he'd used the last one... doh!  Guess I need to stop at the store soon.

FR - freezer slow cooker Spanish meatballs.

NRR - our lab seemed fine yesterday, ate his dinner (dh just gave him plain beef and rice to keep it easy on his tummy), and was energetic.  phew.  We need to get him in to the vet though for his arthritis in his foot, poor old man is limping around from it lately.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - I was super tired this morning too!!  5am always feels extra early on Thursdays.

RG - awesome that you get a bit of a longer run today!  Ha, it could be worse, usually when I need to shop we have no bread, so can't even have PBJ! Smile

mer - aww, love the toddler cuddles!  They don't last long, but they are nice when you can get them.

ernie - lol on S's antics!  HA, we have the same grocery store, but it does sound funny to buy a baby gift at the grocery store.

moxieluvah

zorbs - I never thought I would still be dealing with zits in my 30s, so annoying!

RG - sometimes we have cereal for dinner when we run out of food.

mer - half way through the school year, I keep telling myself that second semester will go fast. Brewers mini is definitely a possibility!

ernie - lol on the toddler maniac ice incident! something my DS would do!

CA - have you been happy with all of your freeze to slow cooker meals? I really want to try it but don't have much freezer space.

----

RR - 4

TR - loves to help DH make coffee in the kuerig

KR - every day she wakes up and asks "is it tomorrow?" and i have to explain that tomorrow is always the next day, so hard for her to understand

FR - tacos last night, not sure tonight

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

moxie - there were a couple of the first batch that I didn't *love*, but they were still good.  The latest batch is all really good.  I think I discovered that I am just really picky about slow cooker meals, so won't do any more chicken, I also am willing to put more time in during prep and pre brown, or sear the meat.  Having so many meals in my freezer ready to go has been amazing, we've been eating them twice a week, and I love not having to think about what we're eating those nights.  Yeah tomorrow is a hard concept to explain! YUM TAcos!!

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: EMRP was busy so I decided to lift legs last night. I'm not very sore this morning, so I think I might try to lift more than just the bar next time. Planning to run 3-4 miles after work.

TR: Took him to his godparents while I went to the gym for about 45 minutes, and when I went to pick him up he told me to go away and started crying because he didn't want to leave.

FR: Made chicken parm rice last night, DH opted to eat leftovers instead. It got a little bit burnt on bottom, whatevs, I'll eat it.

NRR: I have Monday off but daycare is open, BOOYAH. I think I'm going to go peruse some thrift stores to see if I can find any interesting home goods.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- ouch on the zit! Have you tried putting toothpaste on it? It needs to be the plain old school kind, not the bright blue minty gel stuff.

RG- R woke last night too and I had to give him his inhaler, which makes him scream his face off *yawn*

Mer- as much as I like pizza, 5 nights a week sounds excessive. I saw ON had a 40% off sale on their workout gear too, but I resisted since now that I'm hanging my running clothes, I have a lot more than I realized.

Ernie- I try to buy really practical baby gifts. One of the last showers I went to, the mom got THREE(!!) of those picture frames where you're supposed to take a picture of your baby each month and put it in. AHAHAHA, obviously whoever thought of that idea never had kids. And tons of flower headbands. I buy things like swaddle wraps, nipple cream, and baby carriers.

CA- I need to check and see how we are doing on diapers.... we only use one a day at most so its been ages since I bought any.

moxie- R doesn't understand tomorrow very well either. If I tell him we will do something tomorrow, he asks to do it after his nap.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

runninmer

ernie - I have a baby shower Saturday as well.  Its fun buying that stuff knowing I won't need it again!  I did at first find it odd that you would be purchasing gifts at a grocery store.... Smile

CAR - Glad the pup is feeling better.  Bummer that you didn't get to see the girls much.  I hate those days.  I have been getting home late and don't like it so I am trying to find the balance between running and being home at a decent time.

moxie - I always like 2nd semester because there is so much to look forward to.  I consider it the downward slope!  They are already accepting registration for Brewers!  Crazy.  That would be a blast though.

spike - I LOVED the pics of your house.  And from the other day when kids were banging things up, that has to be hard with all new stuff.  J gets like R acted.  He doesn't want to leave grandmas because he knows he pretty much has free rein!

bermy (If your out there today) - I thought of you last night at my spin class.  I am there not only to work out, but to find running friends.  I tried to talk to a lady but she shut me down pretty quickly by telling me that she likes to run outside.  Um, so do I...you aren't special.  Anyway, I guess I have no tactics for picking up a RP.  I feel like I need to wear a Wanted: RP sign.  Running alone is so boring.

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

rg - yeah I know tomorrow is friday but it's taking an eternity to get here!

mer - why so much pizza?  I have found all my RPs on dailymile.  wtf on the chick at the gym.

ernie - when I shop at Joe Fresh, I'm always afraid of getting a duplicate gift.  Most days I can get my arse out of bed even in the dark and cold but I just knew last night that without someone to meet I'd cut my run short.

CA - my friend Nathalie was at the route reveal thing last night and said she looked for you.

moxie - that is why I don't really like facials.  I feel like I've got a good equilibrium with my skin and after the facial then I get zit city.  Of course normally I don't put facial moisturizer or whatever on my neck and the lady did on Saturday, hence the neck zit as well.

spike - I don't have any old school toothpaste, but I put some polysporin on it, which usually works on my lady part zits. re: heavier weight just throw those plates on, the worst thing that could happen is you can't move it off the ground (with deadlifts) and with squats if you are doing them in the squat rack, that's what the rack is there for...

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

runnergirl9508

RR2: a little over 7 hilly miles this morning- felt great and even had a couple of miles in the 7:30's! Did my 2 min planks for the challenge, too

Mer- hope you get in a good run today! Weird about the lady being so rude about only running outside. Do you have a local running club or running store? they might be able to help you find an RP. Bummer on the capris. Hope the longer ones work! Glad that you got some time with J- even if it was crazy.

Ernie- hope the tempo run goes well today. OMG on the ice- R wiped out a couple of weeks ago, and just sat there looking at me like WTF just happened?! LOL on the soup for baby. Our grocery store has a really nice kids toy/book selection. We grocery shopped this morning too. It was so quiet in there. I'm avg 35-40 miles/week. Long run is 10-12. I'm debating a spring half-marathon, depending on how I feel. There's a really nice one in April. I ran the 10K on the same course when I was pg with R, and won a blanket for finishing 1st AG.

CA- you'll NAIL those miles today! hopefully it's not icy. do they maintain the paths well? they plow our bike path here, but never salt it, so there's usually icy patches on it all winter. I pretty much don't run on it until April. wow, growth spurt for M? glad the dog is ok!

moxie- I secretly love cereal for dinner. I ate it like 2-3x's a week when I was in grad school. lol on the coffee helper. haha on tomorrow- that's super cute! hope you figure out dinner for tonight.

spike- have a great run tonight! great job on keeping up with the ST! do you have any races lined up for the spring? omg- sounds like R had fun at his godparents. really, leftovers vs fresh dinner?! silly DH. YAY for a day off kid-free!!!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

superspike113

Honorary Old

Mer- DH is the one driving me crazy with house stuff, always nagging me about crap like he's my dad. He's that way with new cars too. Not that I'm reckless and flinging crap around the house, but I don't want to be lectured because the rivet on my jeans made a mark on the door jamb when I was hauling Reid into the house and got too close, or because I missed some water spots in the shower. He likes to lament "We can't have nice things"   I guess I'm just realistic thinking that is what touchup paint is for.

zorbs- I started out using the squat machine these first two times to get a feel for the movement, get stretched out, etc etc, but I plan on using the actual freeweight squat rack next time.

RG- I haven't signed up for any races yet. I think I'm going to stick with shorter distances this spring and maybe try a trail race since I have a bazillion coyote trails to run on by my house. There is a 10k in March I always do, then I might do some of the other local 5k/10ks and maybe the Bloomsday Road Race 12k (largest road race West of the MIssissippi- usually over 50k people) since I have never done that one before.

Erniegirl

CA - Good luck with the mile repeats. Sounds like a hard workout! Hope your paths are not too icy. It is pretty terrible here - everything melted a little bit during the day and then refroze at night for the past few days, so it is very icy. Glad your dog is better today!

moxie - Hmm, a toddler helping make coffee could be very useful. I need to teach mine how to work the coffee maker!

spike - Chicken parm rice sounds yummy. I agree on the practical gifts. Everyone oohs and ahhs over the impractical cutesy stuff, but then it isn't useful at all once the baby is born. Are coyote trails a specific type of trail or do you just call them that because you see lots of coyotes?

zorbs - I'm assuming most people will buy off the babies r us registry so hopefully there will be no Joe Fresh duplicates.

rg - Wow, very impressive mileage! I think it is very likely you'll be running that half in the spring. Your pace is still so speedy, too. I think my new mantra is going to be "run faster, ernie, don't let pregnant rg outrun you!" 

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15