Womens Running

So Tired Thursday - Supermoms (Read 14 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

RR - at least 12K easy on the TM.  I've already done MP this week, not sure how to keep things interesting without turning it into a speed workout.  I could do 9/1 run/walk, but that would just prolong the torture. And I am a mess this morning: less than 4 hours sleep, sore throat, AF in full swing and my right knee under the kneecap was mysteriously sore and tight after ST yesterday.  It feels ok this morning, just going to take some ibuprofen and hope it holds up.

TR - had the shits yesterday afternoon, it was such a joy to clean out of the potty.  On the bright side, at least he did it in the potty and not his underwear.  I called him baby yesterday, in an endearing way, not "you're such a baby." and he insisted, "I'm not a baby! I'm a Bryden!"  DH bought him a dinosaur poster for his room, he liked hanging it up but he was scared that the dinos would eat him at bedtime.

FR - pan fried salmon; quinoa, corn, mint salad.

NRR - having lunch with old RP and her daughter will be watching B.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

Erniegirl

RR - 19k easy. Probably not going to be so easy though, given all the fresh snow on the ground and the fact that it's minus freaking thirty out with the windchill. Had a good ST workout yesterday and I have that good sore feeling today!

TR - Tobogganing was a bust yesterday because of vicious blowing snow. S and her friend were not amused. So the playdate quickly moved inside and then they had lots of fun. At one point, S disappeared around the corner and then came back a minute later saying "clothes off!" And, indeed, she was butt naked.

FR - Pizza

NRR - Taking S to "zoo to you" at the library this morning. They are bringing in 10 different animals to teach the kids about. Pizza party tonight with four other friends and their toddlers.

~~~~

zorbs - Hopefully the run will make you feel better. Did you find a podcast? Funny about B insisting he is not a baby. I think "baby" is S's favourite word. She always calls herself baby and sometimes walks around randomly saying "hey, baby!"

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runninmer

Morning.

RR:  SRD.  I was thinking on my way in that I would like to move my RD to Friday so I can run long on fresh legs Saturday, but it just isn't going to work that way this week.

BR:  Was up from 11:45-1:30.  Lovely.  He sure is cute when I say hi.  He smiles real big and looks down like he is shy.

TR:  Likes to show me his underwear when I get home.  For the most part he was really good last night which was nice.  The nights go way too fast sometimes.

NRR:  Kind of cranky with DH this morning.  I think I need to just tell him what is on my mind for my own sanity.  Maybe I was just all around cranky and he is the easiest to take it out on.

FR:  Raviolis for dinner last night.  We have been having a lot of salads lately and they have been really good.

zorbs - Hope the run went fast.  J will correct me sometimes when I call him baby.  Hard habit to break now that they are getting so big.

ernie - Yeah, this winter and weather has just sucked.  I hope that your run goes okay.  Glad the play date turned out!

Upcoming Races: 

Gazelle Girl 1/2 Marathon 4/13 - 1:48:46

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning!

RR - progression run last night went well, and it was so fun to run w/ Lori and catch up!  Today is Fartlek 10x1 min on/1 min off, I'll probably run 8k ish total.  I'm going to run it right after work, but work through lunch so I can leave a bit earlier.  The paths I can access from work are too ice and slushy ice water covered to attempt fartlek's there.

QOTD - curious, had some runner acquaintances that I know ask if I wanted to run with them this weekend, but she posted that they do their LR at a 8:30/km pace (that's 13:40/mi), I'm not super picky about my LR pace, but we've been running it around a 6:00 or a bit faster (9:30-10 min mile ish).  I think I might get together with them and do a fun run on Sunday instead.  How much slower would you run your LR to run with people?  Just made me curious..

KR - preschool day 2 today, she was excited!  DH was bribing her with jelly beans to clean up her toys last night... not sure what I think of this, but I guess at least the toys got put away, and she only ate a couple jelly beans.

TR - has succumb to M's cold/flu thing.  Had a fever last night and heard her coughing in the night, didn't have a fever when I checked her this morning though.  MIL is coming over this morning to watch her so she doesn't have to do to daycare.  Again what would we do without MIL????

FR - classy chicken casserole.  Taking advantage of MIL being there to pop casseroles in the oven.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ernie - I forget when we started doing this..probably after age 2.5 or so when we first attempted to PT..but we tried to emphasize that he was NOT a baby, so he'd use the potty, dress himself, etc.  He calls Dee Dee baby though.  I listened to a bit of the AMR podcast but I thought it was terrible, like listening in on friends talking inside jokes that you have no idea about.

mer - I don't mind doing a recovery run the day after a LR, but trying to hold back the day before is pretty awful.

CA - I know there is no way I could run that slow (it would be that dead zone for me, not running and too fast to walk).  I usually do my LR's around 5:55-6:00/k and 6:10/6:15 is the absolute slowest I can run now, although if it was r/w obviously the pace would be slower than that. There are some people who can run a LOT slower than their natural pace, and I always remember that Beth ran 7:30/kms with me when I was 9 months pg, so I feel bad sometimes that I have to be a snob and say no to people who are too slow.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - Yeah steady state same pace runs on the treadmill are hard mentally!!  Did you find something to watch listen to?  M hates it when I call her my baby, she always corrects me and tells me she's a big girl. Yes, I hate to sound like a pace snob, because everyone has to run their pace, but it is almost my walking pace.

ernie - boooo to the snow and cold returning!!  My brother is currently stranded in Hamilton due to that storm.  Pizza party w/ toddlers sounds fun!  Hope the mommies get beer Smile

mer - I agree the nights go fast!  Sometimes when I'm in it I'm longing for them to go to bed so I can relax, but then I also realize it's the only time I get with them.  Does your DH make salad w/ his dinners?  My DH would never in a million years think to make a salad.

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

zorbs - oh and the AMR podcasts have been horrible lately IMO, they used to be better but now they just babble about their lives and whatever for half the podcast.  I listened to Marathon talk a couple weeks ago and it was super interesting and lots of good technical running info.  It annoys me that the AMR ones seem to be going the way of softer - more beginner type stuff, like we mothers are less serious.

RR - did 3 mi on treadmill last night, aiming for 5 mi today, with 1 mi @threshold, gonna have to be treadmill with the snow outside. Lol half marathon sunday and I clearly don't have a plan for the days leading up, and not sure on pace either..

BR- tried Sunflower Seed butter. thought for sure he would sleep well after that.  Liked that a whole lot better than mashed potatoes at least. K went to bed at 10:30, woke up at 1:20, 2:30, 5:45.

FR- DH has work event tonight so will be home late, prob grab something from freezer.

NRR- Trying out a new play group today, debating walking there, it's a mile, snow and ice, not sure yet.. He is at the stage of trying to talk to other babies, pretty funny to watch, and aside from child watch at the Y a couple hours a week, he really isn't around other kids. Hoping to meet some moms and kids!

---

Feel better Zorbs! Treadmill is sooo boring, I tend to do the same thing, turn it into a speed workout..I have played around with doing plyometrics, skipping, bounding, running backwards, butt kickers, high knees while on the TM, but still... mind numbing. Glad B made it to the Potty, that could have been a real shitty sittuation.

Emie-  -30??? eeek! they say spring starts next week.. we'll see about that. Tobagganing in those conditions would be terrible.. glad for back-up plan.

CA- fartlek sounds fun. The long run pace, it would depend if I'm training for something. If I am training for something I'd prob not go too much slower on a long run, and I'd probably stick to my training pace.  If I'm not training, maybe a couple mins slower if it was a shorter run/ just do short fun run.

Mer - what are you trainng for? RD before long run is nice, sometimes it just doesn't fit. enjoy the RD today though!

KC born 7-14-13. RC born 7-21-15

Old PR's: 5k 19:36, 10mi 1:07:46, HM 1:30:04, M 3:06:19

Working on a Comeback after baby #2

runninmer

CAR - The salads were DH's idea.  He even came home from the grocery store with extra fixings!  I normally run my LRs anywhere between an average of 8:10-8:30.  I would "slow down"  to a 9mm or 9:30 to run with someone.  OR, I would do my LR on my own and then like you said a fun run with those people.  I am too anal about numbers when it comes to my LRs especially when I am training.  HOWEVER, when I had an RP she was faster than me and I loved running with her because she pushed me to be faster.  Not sure if she loved having me slow her down but the company was priceless.

Upcoming Races: 

runninmer

e_rain - Sorry about the crappy night.  H went down at 8:45, was up from 11:45-1:30.  Sadly, it was nice to sleep for 3.5 hours straight and get up with my alarm.  I am doing Gazelle Girl Half in MI in April with another Supermom.  I need to figure out my LRs for the remainder of the training.  I did 12 last week.  Debating another 12 this week, or backing off to 10. Have fun at the play date.  J is in a class at the Y and DH has met a ton of moms that way.  I wish I could be there and do the chatting.

Upcoming Races: 

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

CA - I had to beg DH for his ipad and figure out how to access CBC so I could watch NHL Revealed, but the one episode was gone this morning, so I watched Battle of the Blades (horrible, cringe-worthy) and as I said AMR was also cringe-worthy.

e_rain - I have my TM set to kms and I ran 150 m pickups at each km, then I only had 850 m to get to the next pickup, so I actually wasn't that bored.

runnergirl9508

RR: a little over 6 miles as a progression run on the TM today. Felt good today. We got an inch of ice under about 4" of snow yesterday, and the roads were a total nightmare this morning. There was no way I was going to chance running outside.

TR: had a blast with watercolor paints yesterday. He had to match up the color of the paintbrush with the paint- too cute! He was really good in the grocery store this morning, so I treated him to a Dunkin Munchkin (like a Tim Bit, for you Canadians) and he loved it.

NRR: it's well below zero with winds over 30mph, going to stay home for the rest of the day. 6AM PT client cancelled this morning, and I got to sleep in until 6! I had the best night of sleep I've had in a week, waking only once to pee, then falling right back to sleep.

PGR: I think we picked a name for the baby. Of course, we're mean people and don't share until birth.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

Erniegirl

mer - I used to always plan my schedule to have fresh legs for my LR, but that has rarely worked out lately, and I've actually found it doesn't make much of a difference. Ugh, those prolonged nighttime wakeups are the worst!

CA - Have a good fartlek run! I think fartleks or strides are my fav workouts because there's a bit of speed but not enough to hurt  Bummer on O getting sick, I thought for sure she had escaped it! Last year I used to run once a week with a much slower friend at 7:30/km. But I could only do it for runs under 10k and while pushing the stroller. I don't think I'd be able to slow it down to 8:30/km. Plus, I'd probably hate the fact that the LR would take so long to do! I think just joining them on a fun run is the way to go.

e-rain - Hope the playgroup goes well! It is always nice to find things to do to get out of the house. It really seems impossible that spring starts next week!

zorbs - Ha ha, sometimes I tell S that she's a big girl so she needs to pee on the toilet and she becomes quite indignant that she is a baby.

rg - Good call on hitting the TM this morning. The roads are slippery and I had a lot of trouble keeping good footing on my run. So happy to hear you got a good night's sleep! You must feel great today (but also that you need about 100 more nights like that, eh?). We wouldn't even tell anyone our shortlisted baby names beforehand. I think it's better not to get any feedback!

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

runnergirl9508

zorbs- hope the 12K went well today! TM runs are tough when you don't have a speed workout or hill run to distract you. I can't just do a steady-state run on a TM. Sorry about AF Sad  Hope your knee is ok. Enjoy your lunch today.

Ernie- I LOVE the zoo to you concept! That must be so fun for all the kids. LOL on S stripping. It's ridiculously cold out here too. I would have run outside, but the roads are covered in ice, and people have given up on keeping their sidewalks cleared.

Mer- enjoy your RD today. Ugh, sorry about the long wakeup last night. Hahaha on J showing you his underwear. I hope you and DH have time to relax and chat later. I have salad for lunch every day, lol. I start with baby spinach and load it up with all sorts of fresh veggies.

CA- I wouldn't do my LR with them- it's too much of a slow down from your normal pace, and running that slow can actually injure you due to changes in your stride. Hope the fartlek workout goes well tonight. Aw, I hope that O just has a cold and is able to get over it fast. LOL on the bribery. I agree on the AMR podcasts. I listened to one this morning where they interviewed an OB, and I thought most of her answers were very vague, and that she could have given more advice on prenatal running/fitness.

E-rain- my usual week before a half marathon looks like this: Mon 6-7 miles, Tues 4-6 miles, Weds 5 miles with 2 @ goal pace, Thurs 4 miles easy, Fri OFF, Sat 2-3 mile shakeout run, Sun RACE.  Bummer on all the night wakeups. Is K teething? Hope that the playgroup goes well today.

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

E-rain - with my kids, the time they slept had nothing to do with how much they ate, especially after 3 months or so...  I think it was more of a developmental thing and a learning to put themselfs to sleep thing.  Hope the playgroup is fun!

mer - those are speedy long runs!  Your HM time in your sig is similar to my current fitness but I run my LR's way slower.

RG - bummer on the horrible conditions outside.  What kid wouldn't love a mini-donut!  Yeah I think I won't LR with them, I just don't want to sound like a jerk telling them I can't run that slow...

ernie - I was thinking of possibly taking both kids in the double for the easy 10k run just to make the pace seem ok, but I don't know if M would sit for that long.  I was thinking the same thing, how long it would take to do our LR at that pace!!