Womens Running

Thoughtful Thursday (Over 40) (Read 17 times)

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

Post.  I am being thoughtful about my blessings, especially all of you.

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

judyruns

Mighty Mouse

I’m still having some stiffness off and on. Work involves more physical things so I am getting used to that but slowly. They are very good about offering help. A young person who works with us asked me how I was doing. He said he was glad I was still alive after the fall. I was deeply touched by his kindness. I work with such nice people.

Wednesday I did 25 minutes of easy running and 25 minutes of cardio DVD. I’m trying to be more diligent about stretching. I think it will help the stiffness. Good 'ole advil.

Running today on the TM at home with some cardio after.

Happy runs, All!  :::HUGS:::

Where is the "any" key?   

judyruns

Bikerchick1

Judy - That is wonderful that you work with great people....that can make such a difference in your work life.  Glad you are on the mend!

I have been doing good on keeping up with my streak (-2)....it really does push me to get on the dang DM after work.  The snow doesn't stop here....it is pretty, but so slippery to run in.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I feel under the weather or I caught Trixie's cold, ha.  So, instead of the 12 planned for today, I shall do 3+.

Trixie improved a bit last night, eating on her own and jumping on the sofa (well, jumping is a hyperbole).  She slept in her own bed and moved to use the litter box from what I could see.  Today is her biopsy so mommy will be very stressed waiting to hear about how it went.

Karen, hope the doggie continues to feel better.

Judy, hope you continue to improve.  Hope the DVD helps the stiffness.

Carol, keep streaking and stay warm.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LC Runs

Welcome to Thursday.  Busy day for me, travel work day and DD Xmas band concert... life should get a bit quieter after today (at least for a while).

Broken record...4 TM miles, 160 squats.

Judy - that is so nice of that young person, we're glad you're okay too

Carol - I am getting the new Yak Trax for Xmas (per BF), I really like the ones I have but these are even sturdier.  At least I can look forward to outside weekend runs.

Damaris - so happy Trixie is doing better!

Karen - glad your doggie is on the mend.  That gift certificate is a great gift.   Our office party is tomorrow, which should be fun, just a potluck during the day.  The agency party was 'okay' but kind of dumb. The morning was spent on inservices, whooppee.  The worst thing was they had us do the 'laugh therapy' thing was was awful!  Everyone had to stand up and do this stupid laughing like "he he ho ho ho weeeee" and act like snowblowers and such   Ugh, I hate that kind of thing.  They didn't force us to do it (about 3 people sat out) but as the newest person, I kind of had to participate.  Stupid, stupid.... Ha ha

(sorry, no idea what I did to the font here)

Marjorie - yea for two days in a row!

Sue - power class sounds fun, I have to get back to my group class, but the schedule hasn't allowed it in a couple of weeks.

Cindy - awesome 8.1!

Hi all!

been Crazy busy with work and end of year dr appointments. Not even much family stuff. And two times a week PT. Next week will be last sessions as I don't want to start working on the new deductible. Knee okay but mainly because I've resigned myself to walk/run for only a couple of miles at the most. Sigh.

Getting 2nd chicken shot today but no difference so far-not expected to feel it until a few weeks after the third. Mainly I think it's just time bringing on any improvement-and the fact that im not using it as much.

Meet te with a planet fitness person on 30th to go thru equipment and then my plan is to do cardio 3xs a week and weights/strength 3xs a week. Seem like good idea? I've been doing elliptical intervals and then run/walking on treadmill. One time a week outside. Toddler steps.

Sorry that havent stopped by lately but have been thinking of all Of you. Sort of in a bad place overall with overworked job (even tho I love it), blah marriage (she just annoys me now), close friend going thru tough family time so needing to vent to me, and resentment growin surrounding his family (I guess not surprising since in finding him annoying). My girls are all doing great though     Just lots on the plate and no release.

will try to visit more often here though as you all help me keep some sanity.

Lisa

Good Morning!!  I decided to run this afternoon so I can read my watch.  Supposed to do 4 x 800.  I will go clock out a distance and actually try to do it right instead of just guessing.

Dermo appt this afternoon.  Decided to have a couple of moles looked at before the EOY and my health insurance goes up.  My monthly premiums only went up $8, but all the co-pays increase.  Sad  Dentist tomorrow.

Karen--hope Jake is on the mend.  Damaris--healing vibes for Trixie too.  Ben has really perked up since he has started rymadil.  He has even been dancing for his food again.

Have a great day!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.2 miles.  Continued progress and no tape today.  So it is getting there.  The feet still burn after several miles so the nerve is still not 100% but that I could do it without tape is a great sign.

Carol good for you keeping up with the streak

Judy, continued healing

Damaris hope the biopsy for kitty is good

Karen nothing wrong with the gift certificate.  I'm not a fan of office parties when it is people you see all the time anyways.

Laura that is still a ton of squats

Lisa you'll get there.  Any progress is still progress

Marjorie

Anonymous Guest

Hi all,

4 on the TM last night, more (to be determined) outside after work tonight. It's 50 degrees here and supposed to get up to 70 by Sunday! One more day and a couple more hours and our office shuts down for construction and I'm working from home for the rest of the year. If I have to work, at least I don't have to get dressed up and I don't have to commute.

Jake is doing much better, more energy and slept through the night without having to go out. Seems like it's definitely a bladder infection. Assuming nothing bad has happened today, we'll probably be able to cancel the ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow and just let the antibiotics run their course. Big relief there.

Lisa, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. I wish I could help. Feel free to vent here anytime - I know you're usually the positive, look on the bright side, things will be okay person, and that can get exhausting and hard to do at times. We're here for you when you need a break.

Judy, I'm glad you work with such nice people. And I'm really glad you're getting better and running again!

Carol, nice going on the streak. My motivation has been pretty low lately. I got on the scale this morning though, and learned that eating junk and running less do not go together well! Planning on running everyday the rest of this week, and maybe doing some doubles when I work from home...maybe I can catch that stupid pace bunny on my running log.

Damaris, glad Trixie is feeling better. Best of luck on the biopsy and diagnosis. Have you had a chance to meet with a surgeon for you yet?

Laura, you don't have to yell! Just kidding. Dang, that's a lot of squats.

Susan, yes, speedwork is hard when it's dark out! Lucky no changes for us health insurance wise this year, but the writing is on the wall for next year once the employer mandate kicks in. They are already not letting new people sign up for the plan we have, just letting existing people re-up.

Marjorie, good news from you - you are definitely on the mend!

karen

Coaching testimonial: "Not saying my workout was hard but KAREN IS EVIL."

Upcoming races: Hennepin Hundred - October 2024

Check out my website and youtube channel

Docket_Rocket

Trixie came out of the biopsy OK. She is now recovering at the vet until tomorrow.  I am hoping for good news.  Ended up being a URD for me, too much stress and work and me getting sick.

Karen, I have an appointment with a great surgeon on Monday afternoon.  Hoping he takes me as a patient.  He runs the Fibroid Center at the best hospital in Miami.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

In keeping with earlier tone.....prepping for my first colonoscopy tomorrow.  It's just that kind of day.

Ha! Couldn't resist.

Judy=glad to hear you're doing better.

Carol-nice job on that streak!

Damaris-boo on the cold.

Laura-I'm in HR.. that does sound like a stupid thing to do at a party.  yeah for new Yak trax!

Sue-everyone is hitting drs.  I bet this is their busiest time of the year!

Marjorie-glad to hear you're recovering!  Yeah, I don't really feel like it's progress. I've just reset my expectations.

Karen-I realize that on the upbeat thing, makes it harder when I'm everyone else's "counselor", bread winner, and party organizer. Working from home is fine but VPN drives me nuts.

Lisa