Womens Running

Thymoleptic Thursday (over 40) (Read 22 times)

runlikeagirl18

Back for personals. It's so yucky here - 40 degrees and raining - that I could crawl into bed and take a nap.

Julie - love the word of the day! I hope you guys (and hence my mom and dad) don't get hit too hard with this storm.

Judy - DH gathers the info for the taxes but I actually do them. He will start hounding me soon, I'm sure.

Carol - I need to be better about doing yoga at home. When I went for my physical last month my doc asked me if I stretch. I hemmed and hawed a bit. On the bottom of my recommendations list, he wrote "Stretch. Stretch. Stretch." He's a runner and about my age, so I give his advice even more weight.

Laura - sorry about the work drama! My work drama today consists of trying to write while the boys are fighting.

Lisa - enjoy the rest day.

Crazysue - I laughed at the image of the dog tossing the cat into the water.

Ginny - I agree with whoever it was - Karen? - who said that it's not such a bad idea to take a break every now and then. Maybe you could give yourself permission to "slump" for a specific period of time, and then it's over? That approach has worked for me in other areas of my life - "I'm going to be angry about this for X amount of time, and then I'm moving on." Just a thought.

Damaris - sorry about the asthma attack. I count myself so fortunate that it's not something I have to deal with.

Linda - sounds like a rest day is in order.

Tessa - yes, the client did make the call....40 minutes late. *sigh* It was just the two of us, and at least I had other things to work on while I was waiting. It did make me miss my core class, though.

annieSusan - I would love to audit some classes! Maybe when the boys are older.

Off to take the boys to school - the book fair is this week and tonight is family night. I told them I would take them and buy them each a book. Have a great evening-

Cindy

2017 Races: Turkey Strut 5K 11/23, Mistletoe Half Marathon 12/2

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waves to everyone.  I've been in meetings all day and getting on flight from PA here shortly.  No run today as it was jsut super super cold and I need cut back week anyways.

Marjorie

mommymac

Julie - Love, love, love Letchworth! Let me know when you're going! Or Geneva; love Geneva.

My week was one for the books; thanks Tessa for including me in your weather wishes. You may never know what your thoughts meant to me today. Some days I just feel absolutely invisible . . .

I'm going to take Cindy's advice and proscribe a certain amount of time to wallow. Time's just about up! Thanks for that reminder that time marches on and so does life.

Damaris - Your asthma sounded like it was improving; may this be just a slight relapse in a move forward.

Cindy - I love your reference to your "work drama" being your boys. Very cute.

Judy - Glad to hear you're feeling better; sometimes these bugs hang around for the duration.

Marjorie - Safe travels.

I just received a pre-recorded message from my county exec that county park roads are closed tomorrow in anticipation of the snow. Long lines at gas stations. I'm never really sure where everyone is going in the middle of a storm that they need gas! Fingers crossed that trees stay standing. Some are yet to be cleared from Hurricane Sandy.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's successes as we continue with our winter running!

Carolyn

Docket_Rocket

It was not my best run breathing wise but it was a very nice run and the miles felt good.  I might never be fast due to half a lung not working properly but days like this make it all worth it!

It is.  Everybody down here is getting allergies and other issues from our weather.  It's very windy and it carries dustmites and I'm lethally allergic to those, so the asthma flares up the higher content of dustmites around.  It will pass.

Julie - Love, love, love Letchworth! Let me know when you're going! Or Geneva; love Geneva.

My week was one for the books; thanks Tessa for including me in your weather wishes. You may never know what your thoughts meant to me today. Some days I just feel absolutely invisible . . .

I'm going to take Cindy's advice and proscribe a certain amount of time to wallow. Time's just about up! Thanks for that reminder that time marches on and so does life.

Damaris - Your asthma sounded like it was improving; may this be just a slight relapse in a move forward.

Cindy - I love your reference to your "work drama" being your boys. Very cute.

Judy - Glad to hear you're feeling better; sometimes these bugs hang around for the duration.

Marjorie - Safe travels.

I just received a pre-recorded message from my county exec that county park roads are closed tomorrow in anticipation of the snow. Long lines at gas stations. I'm never really sure where everyone is going in the middle of a storm that they need gas! Fingers crossed that trees stay standing. Some are yet to be cleared from Hurricane Sandy.

Looking forward to reading about everyone's successes as we continue with our winter running!

Carolyn

Night, everybody!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page