Womens Running

Winter's here Wednesday - Supermoms (Read 18 times)

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

ER - easy hip opening yoga.  Physio later.

TR - yesterday was my single most frustrating day EVER as a parent.  I've never lost my shit on him in public before.  ANY ideas on how to get him to leave somewhere without a battle? I used to be able to walk away, telling him I was leaving without him, but he isn't falling for that anymore.

FR - spinach sausages, butternut squash soup

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

http://runningskirtsandmanicures.blogspot.ca/ 

running eh

RR - rest day.  ended up running 4 yesterday afternoon b/c DH came home early.  It feels like I haven't run in such a long time.  I could feel my legs getting tired near the end of the run and I still feel it a bit today.  Is this normal or is it just b/c I haven't run in forever?

NRR - domestic duties today.  Also, I feel like purging a bunch of the kids' crap while they are at school

FR - sausages and this: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com/2013/04/crunchy-cashew-thai-quinoa-salad-with-ginger-peanut-dressing/  I love this stuff, but the kids hate it, oh well.

KR - DS has shot up like a weed in the last few weeks.  All the pants I bought for him in the past two months are now floods!

Erniegirl

RR - 10k through the fresh snow

TR - Bedtime has been taking forever this week. Just when I think she's sleeping, she calls to me and saying she has to pee or poop. So I take her to the washroom, and then she sits on the toilet forever, giggling and flipping through magazines, but doesn't actually go. I feel like I can't NOT take her the washroom when she says she has to go but, man, she's totally scamming me!

FR - Portobello mushrooms stuffed with risotto, feta and spinach, roasted beets

NRR - I need to find the time to get down and really scrub my floors today. They are grossing me out.

5k - 20:46          10k - 41:27         10 mile - 1:15:32          Half marathon - 1:39:15      

superspike113

Honorary Old

RR: 3.4 miles woot! I told R that he was staying home with daddy while Joan and I went for a run and he was so crestfallen that I decided to take him with me.

TR: 7 days dry! I'm thinking a new purse is in my future! He hasn't been getting in trouble as often lately, which has been nice! My hairdresser (who takes her son to the same daycare) said she was talking to her son in the car a couple weeks ago after she picked him up and he said "I was good today mom, no timeouts, but Reid had 6!" LOL

FR: Made chicken noodle soup last night, DH refused to eat it because I made cajun chicken soup the night before our barf-fest.

NRR: I decided to work part of the day Friday to save my vacation hours for moving at the end of December.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- I end up hauling R out of places like a sack of potatoes if he doesn't cooperate. I really love getting stared at when my kid screams bloody murder.

Eh!- Have fun purging. I love it, I feel really good getting rid of stuff. I should be more ascetic but I also like getting new stuff. I didn't even bother clicking that link after reading the URL lol.

Ernie- Ugh I hate the potty ruse. R gets one trip there on his way to bed, no toys and if he doesn't pee after a minute or two he gets sent to bed. If he won't stay in bed, we put the babygate in the doorway.

2 Mile: 17: 11   5k PR: 27:45    5 Mile: 44:11    10K: 59:01    Half: 2:15:59     Marathon: 5:50:07

superspike113

Honorary Old

QOTD- if you could get a purse up to $200, which one would it be? Right now I'm hauling around a battered Bungalow tote with a granny looking cross body purse stashed inside.

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

eh - I still need to purge B's stuff, but we put it in a bag and don't manage to get it out of the house.  Then B finds the bag and suddenly those are his favourite toys again.

ernie - at least she SITS on the toilet! B refuses to sit down, which I think is a large part of why PT has sucked the big one so far. I had to scrub my kitchen floor yesterday after dragging him in the house tantruming.  Obviously I did not have time to take off my cheap ass $35 Ardene boots, which left black scuff marks all over the floor.

spike - I screamed SHUT UPPPPPPPPPPP AND COME WITH ME!!!!!!!!!! at the top of my lungs.  I also spanked him in public.  The worst part was that the screaming and spanking had 0 effect on him.  I have a Harvey's purse and love it, it is the only expensive purse I own.  I haven't carried a diaper bag going out with B since he was 6 months old, he doesn't poop in public and I can just shove a couple diapers in the purse.

5K - 24:10 | 8K - 40:41  | 10K - 51:40.6 | HM - 1:51:10 | 30K - 2:44:54 | Marathon - 3:59:26

superspike113

Honorary Old

zorbs- my tote isn't a diaper bag, its just a ginormous catchall with a shitload of pockets. Its totally hammered from taking it on airplanes and stuff for the last 2 years.

MTA- I'm sorry about B, its so hard not to flip out on them sometimes! Sometimes I want a straightjacket with a leash for my kid when we go in public!

Zorbs

beskirted & manicured

You might like the Harvey's purses then, the seatbelts make it pretty much indestructable.

runnergirl9508

RR: a little over 5 miles this morning in a light snow- so pretty! not running a Turkey Trot tomorrow as they don't start until 10AM, and we're planning to leave for the IL's at that time. There's a 5K on Saturday close to my parents house that I might run, though.

TR: played out in the snow for quite a while today. I taught him how to make snowballs, and he was running around the backyard with them, licking them then throwing them at the dog.

NRR: cleaning and packing and laundry to get ready for our trip!

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

runnergirl9508

zorbs- ah, I really need to get into yoga again! there's a girl at the gym where I used to work who teaches prenatal and I've heard she's really good. so sorry about yesterday's parenting. I have no advice, other than just to ignore him. can you threaten to take something away, like tv time, or a favorite toy or game?

reh- it's normal tiredness from the marathon. my legs usually don't feel back to normal until about a month post-marathon. ON is having some great sales right now if you're heading out to buy pants for DS. Enjoy the domestic duties Wink

Ernie- mmm, your mushrooms sound amazing!!! sorry about bedtime taking so long. no idea on the stall tactics she's using. I need to mop my floors too. I sweep twice a day, but I probably only mop once a week.

spike- congrats on the run, and YAY for R staying dry!!! Ha, I carry such a tiny purse- I'm no help for your QOTD. Smart idea to save your vacation hrs. Are you planning ot move before Christmas?

5K: 19:15       Half: 1:29:35       Marathon: 3:13:08

CARunningGirl

Bad Ass Mother Runner

Morning! I'm late to the party today...

RR - SRD, one more run, tomorrow probably and then I'll just take it easy till Sunday.

TR - came into bed with me and snuggled this morning, we read a couple stories, it was nice.

BR - can climb into M's toddler sized pong chair now, can only get out head first though. She's becoming a big monkey with all the climbing and moving around.

FR - airport food. Shopped for potato chips at superstore (canadian chain), but ours doesn't have all the cool flavors zorbs posts... ended up with aged cheddar and onion.

NRR - we leave tonight, I have the day off work, I've grocery shopped, now I need to pack and do a bit of laundry and tidy the house a bit. I have 4 hrs until I have to pick up the girls.

zorbs - I'd have done the same, especially now that I have had a toddler, I make zero judgement of parents in public, no that's a lie, I make no judgement of parents loosing it in public, I'm much more likely to judge a parent that doesn't lose it and gives in. Our most effective thing w/ M now is threatening to take something away, TV, a bedtime snack/treat, etc. I also will spank, and that has proven to be the single most effective thing when she's being super defient.

r-eh - I bet your legs are still recovering from the marathon. YUM on the salad!

ernie - M went through that bathroom stalling technique for a while, we ended up giving her a time limit on the potty and not letting do the 'fun' stuff, socialize w/ us, read, look at our phones, etc. OMG YUM on your FR.

spike - YAY R!! I'm the wrong person to ask about a purse, I have a wallet w/ a handle and have never really carried a purse.

RG - Love running in nice snowy weather - opposed to blowing blizzarding snowy weather.

5k - 22:56        10k - 46:13          HM - 1:45:39          FM - 3:57:03

Blog: http://terryruns.wordpress.com/

superspike113

Honorary Old

runnergirl- targeted move in date is Jan 1

CA- Good luck this weekend!! Have a fab time in seattle!

running eh

ernie - as I type, DD2 is yelling from her bed that she has pooped.  I took her out once already to sit on the toilet, so I am just ignoring it now.   I keep thinking I need to scrub my floors, but I keep putting it off too.  I really should to that.  I  want some of that FR.  You really need to open a restaurant or something!!

spike - LOL at DH.  What did he end up eating for dinner?  I am always amazed at how you throw a dinner together last minute.  If I don't have dinner planned out by about 9am, we usually are eating eggs.  As for purses, I know nothing about them.  DH has bought me two expensive purse over the years.  One was so large that the first time I used it I knocked over a bottle of olive oil at the grocery store.  It is a beautiful purse, but it is just not practical.  The second one is a great orange colour.  I drag this purse everywhere and it is starting to show.  I love the shape and the colour.  I have never used a purse regularly until I got the orange one 3ish years ago.  He got it at a local gift shop and I don't see a tag in it, so I can't tell you anything about it...I see a lot of Coach purses around lately, but they aren't  really my taste.

zorbs - I know what you are saying.  I dropped off my bag at the thrift shop already, but I have a box and another bag of hand-me downs that I need to get in the van before the kids get home.  For some reason, even clothes that are too small cause weeping when I try to get rid of them.  Sorry about yesterday, that is so frustrating!  Unlike CA, I do judge in public, and then I always feel stupid b/c I realize that I have those exact moments too.  I think the only thing that can be done is dragging them out of the store and returning home immediately, however this is not always practical.

CA - you must be so pumped!  Hope you are having a productive but relaxing day.  I don't think that our local Loblaws store has all those flavours either.

rg - nice run this morning!  Yay for going away for Thanksgiving.  Hope you get everything nicely in order.  Did you end up doing your test on the weekend?  How did it go?

superspike113

Honorary Old

eh- DH ate bean burritos made with refried beans from a can. I usually buy a cheap purse and use it until it starts looking really haggard.